PDA

View Full Version : Why do we love the manipulators?

Edward777
08-01-2012, 12:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jheGzKrmLc

Do we love manipulators because we want to trust those around us? It seems that those who are predatory are having an easy time in our sheepish society. We Americans must try to break out of this trap we have placed ourselves in by learning the techniques of the manipulators and then exposing them. Many reading this can remember when they trusted the major networks and the government to tell the truth. It is our duty to help wake up those around us too.

GunnyFreedom
08-01-2012, 01:34 AM
When you expose the manipulation, the zombie-set just pretends like they knew it all along and move on like nothing happened. Been my experience anyway. Of course, you will always free up the fractional percents on the margins, people not fully programmed, a couple here and there in drib drabs, but exposing the manipulation just doesn't tend to have the profound affect we'd like to hope it would. What I'm working on now is mainstreaming the "truth to power" set, and marginalizing the "establishmentarian" set.

Edward777
08-01-2012, 08:26 AM
When you expose the manipulation, the zombie-set just pretends like they knew it all along and move on like nothing happened. Been my experience anyway. Of course, you will always free up the fractional percents on the margins, people not fully programmed, a couple here and there in drib drabs, but exposing the manipulation just doesn't tend to have the profound affect we'd like to hope it would. What I'm working on now is mainstreaming the "truth to power" set, and marginalizing the "establishmentarian" set.

Well, if you can reverse the zombie programming in a few people here and there then doesn't that make it worth the effort?

Czolgosz
08-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Accept the fact that around 25% of *humans* think independently. True then and true now.

Once you understand Humanity you'll quickly realize that "waking up" the others is a fruitless venture. Do as the forefathers did. Come together and declare our independence.

Edward777
08-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Accept the fact that around 25% of *humans* think independently. True then and true now.

Once you understand Humanity you'll quickly realize that "waking up" the others is a fruitless venture. Do as the forefathers did. Come together and declare our independence.

I might put that level at 10% but still, if those capable of critical thinking and analysis get caught up in the culture then we lose potential allies in promoting truth.

GunnyFreedom
08-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Well, if you can reverse the zombie programming in a few people here and there then doesn't that make it worth the effort?

I'm not saying it's fruitless, I'm just saying don't expect it to be very fruitful. By and large people don't want to know the truth, and when they hear it often as not they just reject it out of hand to shut the cognitive dissonance down. I mean, we need as many people awake as possible if we are going to get anywhere, and this is another tool in the toolbox.

I think where I'm coming from is that 'exposing the lie' is one of the first things that most of us came up with when we started this trip, that we hoped would awaken great swathes of people. Instead, usually some lonely guy in the periphery just says "you know, you're right." Gives you a thumbs up and disappears.

Edward777
08-01-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm not saying it's fruitless, I'm just saying don't expect it to be very fruitful. By and large people don't want to know the truth, and when they hear it often as not they just reject it out of hand to shut the cognitive dissonance down. I mean, we need as many people awake as possible if we are going to get anywhere, and this is another tool in the toolbox.

I think where I'm coming from is that 'exposing the lie' is one of the first things that most of us came up with when we started this trip, that we hoped would awaken great swathes of people. Instead, usually some lonely guy in the periphery just says "you know, you're right." Gives you a thumbs up and disappears.

Excellent points all, but we have to wake up as many people as possible. In regards to the psychopath connection I would suggest forwarding the video I posted or finding a link with Hare's Checklist for Psychopaths.