PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Baldwin receives Reform Party of Kansas 2012 Presidential Nomination

Brett85
07-31-2012, 03:08 PM
http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2012/07/chuck-baldwin-given-reform-party-of-kansas-2012-presidential-nomination/#comments

erowe1
07-31-2012, 03:10 PM
Interesting. Are they part of the residue of Perot's Reform party?

sailingaway
07-31-2012, 03:10 PM
REALLY?

Hm. Well, he seems the best of those on the ballot, then, if Ron isn't, but I don't live in Kansas, and I can get Ron in as an official write in in CA, even if he doesn't get the GOP nomination. Well, I can with about 20 other RP supporters in CA, but I can't imagine it would be difficult to find them.

Sola_Fide
07-31-2012, 03:14 PM
Cool.

Brett85
07-31-2012, 04:26 PM
Interesting. Are they part of the residue of Perot's Reform party?

I think the Kansas Reform Party is basically composed of former Buchananites. The Kansas Reform Party is basically the same as the national Constitution Party, but apparently didn't like who the Constitution Party nominated this time around.

kathy88
07-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Good for them for not going with the pack.

jmdrake
07-31-2012, 04:54 PM
Ummm....wish they'd done this like 4 months ago! How are they on ballot access? If I can vote for Baldwin in TN I will. Otherwise....I'm not sure at this point.

erowe1
07-31-2012, 05:04 PM
I think the Kansas Reform Party is basically composed of former Buchananites. The Kansas Reform Party is basically the same as the national Constitution Party, but apparently didn't like who the Constitution Party nominated this time around.

In 2000 the Buchanan Brigade pretty successfully infiltrated Perot's Reform Party and made Buchanan its presidential nominee that year. After that the whole party splintered apart. There were those who liked Perot, those who liked Jesse Ventura, and those who liked Buchanan, and the three groups didn't like each other that much. I assume the Kansas Reform Party was one group of that Buchanan Brigade who stuck together after the national party fractured.

Brett85
07-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Ummm....wish they'd done this like 4 months ago! How are they on ballot access? If I can vote for Baldwin in TN I will. Otherwise....I'm not sure at this point.

The reform party is ballot qualified in Kansas, so Balwin should be on the ballot in Kansas, where I live. Unfortunately, Baldwin won't be on the ballot anywhere else but Kansas. I'm glad that I'll actually be able to vote for a candidate that I actually like.

pcosmar
07-31-2012, 05:41 PM
The reform party is ballot qualified in Kansas, so Balwin should be on the ballot in Kansas, where I live. Unfortunately, Baldwin won't be on the ballot anywhere else but Kansas. I'm glad that I'll actually be able to vote for a candidate that I actually like.

Cool,, good to have an option. I like Chuck.

But Tampa hasn't happened yet.. and the Romney assumption/presumption is not a done deal. (would welcome a pleasant surprise)

still,, good to see Chuck in the playing field.

Loved his writing when he was supporting Ron,, and voted for him on Ron's endorsement.