PDA

View Full Version : Buchanan @TAC: How Far Would Mitt Go?

COpatriot
07-31-2012, 08:01 AM
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/how-far-would-mitt-go/

Has Mitt Romney given Israel a blank check for war?

So it seemed from the declaration in Jerusalem by his adviser Dan Senor, who all but flashed Israel a green light for war, signaling the Israelis that, if you go, Mitt’s got your back:

“If Israel has to take action on its own in order to stop Iran from developing that capability, the governor would respect that decision.”

“No option would be excluded. Gov. Romney recognizes

jbauer
07-31-2012, 08:06 AM
I think its a bit of a stretch to take from that comment that we're all onboard with a blank check.

With that said, I have no doubt that if it came to pass that we'd be there in less then a NY minute.

LibertyEagle
07-31-2012, 08:18 AM
Did you listen to Romney's entire speech in Israel? I did. It made me ill.

RonRules
07-31-2012, 08:58 AM
We're already voted a blank check ($9 billion is a blank check in my world).

Rand Paul voted for it (it was a voice vote)

PierzStyx
07-31-2012, 01:49 PM
Some days I just want to punch Romney in the face. With a jackhammer.

Feeding the Abscess
07-31-2012, 01:54 PM
This is what the official campaign was trying to pass as Ron's position, and is precisely why I was so opposed to it.

Anti Federalist
07-31-2012, 02:00 PM
This is what the official campaign was trying to pass as Ron's position, and is precisely why I was so opposed to it.

Yah, HUGE difference between saying a sovereign nation has the right to act in its own interest and defense, and saying we'll back any decision that nation makes, to the end.

Anti Federalist
07-31-2012, 02:08 PM
Did you listen to Romney's entire speech in Israel? I did. It made me ill.

Read the transcript.

I was nauseated as well.

AuH20
07-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Yah, HUGE difference between saying a sovereign nation has the right to act in its own interest and defense, and saying we'll back any decision that nation makes, to the end.

Back? As in engage?? After the fallout? Israel can pick it's own fights, but don't drag us into it.

LibertyEagle
07-31-2012, 04:54 PM

Huh? When? I didn't hear that.

COpatriot
07-31-2012, 05:24 PM
I was driving back to work today and Hannity had Buchanan on so I listened. Hannity tries as hard as he can to fear-monger and spout off his war propaganda, but Buchanan is so knowledgeable about the politics of that region he runs complete circles around Hannity.

AuH20
07-31-2012, 05:25 PM
I was driving back to work today and Hannity had Buchanan on so I listened. Hannity tries as hard as he can to fear-monger and spout off his war propaganda, but Buchanan is so knowledgeable about the politics of that region he runs complete circles around Hannity.

Hannity is really limited. Have to give him credit for persevering despite his lack of acumen.