PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz.... Why?

kathy88
07-31-2012, 07:09 AM
I listened to Mark Levin last night. Yeah, I know but sometimes I have to. He had Ted on the show and mentioned that Ted had been on several (many) times and they had a little love fest in preparation for voting today.

I will admit, I was pissed when Cruz wouldn't endorse Ron. Really pissed. But I tried to get over that, and had pretty much decided to let it go.

Then this morning, I started my Jeep, and it was still on the Patriot channel. I tuned in just in time to hear Mike Church mention that he had tried on NUMEROUS occasions to get Cruz on his show, to no avail.

Mike is one of us. He gets it. Truly. We all know what Levin is. What does this say about Cruz?

Discuss.

Sola_Fide
07-31-2012, 07:17 AM
Hard to say. I actually think he handled it the right way when that guy was trying to press him for an endorsement. This is a very tenuous time for liberty-leaning people. I saw it also in Thomas Massie's campaign....where he had to walk a very fine line on the issue of Ron Paul. Not to say that Cruz will be as good on the issues as Massie, but just saying that people who might vote on our side of the issues have to be delicate right now about Ron Paul if they want to win. Does that suck? Yes. Are times changing? Yes thankfully. In the next few years will we have more liberty people in government? Yes.

kathy88
07-31-2012, 07:23 AM
I agree on the RP points, as much as it does suck. But Levin over Church makes me question his motivation.

KEEF
07-31-2012, 07:38 AM
Hate to say it, but just like how the neo-cons need our vote to get into office. We need to let the blind people, who only vote for the guy with the R next to his name, know that we are out there. Unfortunately I think Levin gets a bigger audience than Church. Heck, even Hannity pays oral homage to Levin in about every one of his shows.

brandon
07-31-2012, 07:41 AM
THat's a good question. I know of a few people that are ardent Ron Paul grassroots activists that are now volunteering/working for Cruz's campaign. I really want to trust their judgement, because I respect them, but all signs are pointing towards Ted Cruz just being a completely average crappy politician.

Kotin
07-31-2012, 07:43 AM
THat's a good question. I know of a few people that are ardent Ron Paul grassroots activists that are now volunteering/working for Cruz's campaign. I really want to trust their judgement, because I respect them, but all signs are pointing towards Ted Cruz just being a completely average crappy politician.

I can't tell yet.. But dewhurst is by far worse.. In most cases I'm not for lesser of two evils but I cannot stand dewhurst.. Not after the TSA bill

The Gold Standard
07-31-2012, 07:43 AM
Because Levin's views line up with Cruz more than Church's do. Levin is for annihilating every Arab on earth, even if it means bankruptcy and poverty here. This is Cruz platform as well.

EBounding
07-31-2012, 08:19 AM
This is why it's important for all of us to become precinct leaders. If we get legitimacy at the local level, that will give more courage (or pressure) to liberty-politicians to vote the right way and speak out more strongly. Not every leader is like Tom Davis unfortunately. That's why it's going to be up to us to give the ideas of liberty legitimacy.

There's so much we can do at the local level. I'm sure there's a local tax hike you can start leading the charge against in your own neighborhood. That alone will earn respect of other delegates who traditionally just follow the party-line. When you get legitimacy, these people will at least be open to listening to what you have to say whether its about the Fed, the TSA, unconstitutional wars, NDAA, etc. I'm seeing it happen in my own community.

We need to make it known through our actions that we're not just a "Ron Paul personality cult of rabble-rousers". We're here to stay and to make a difference.

sailingaway
07-31-2012, 08:34 AM
I think Ron endorsed Cruz for Rand's objectives which are a subset of his own. If you look at Rand's face when he greats Ron at the Tea Party gathering for Cruz at the capital -- which Rand had been scheduled at for some time but Ron came to fairly late, as his endorsement was about 8 months after Rand's, Rand appears to be wringing Ron's hand in gratitude. It struck me at the time. I suspect he was waiting to see if the more liberty oriented guy in that race could get traction. But a couple of weeks, essentially, before the primary, it was clear it was a race between Cruz and Dewhurst, and Cruz was willing to work with Rand on some stuff, I suspect. Ron's endorsements have never been as good as his votes, he looks at it as making things 'better' rather than denoting a 'liberty candidate' per se. I would say Cruz is a tea party candidate, of the more muddled sort, but Bachmann is better than Lieberman. In some things. So to speak.

LibertyEagle
07-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Because Levin's views line up with Cruz more than Church's do. Levin is for annihilating every Arab on earth, even if it means bankruptcy and poverty here. This is Cruz platform as well.

Where are you getting this from? Please provide a source. Thanks.

FSP-Rebel
07-31-2012, 10:07 AM
Rand Paul went on Levin's show prior to his primary so this isn't anything out of the norm. Levin is #7 on Talker's "Heavy Hundred" list but Church doesn't even cut it. Also, Levin is the power show for conservative listeners in the evening time slot, so going on the show for a candidate is almost like a prez candidate going to Israel for a visit. Hopefully, his appearance helped GOTV today. Fingers crossed for TX!

In races like this, I ask myself would Rand be better off w/ Hutchinson or with a guy like Cruz. I feel pretty good.

kathy88
07-31-2012, 10:11 AM
Rand Paul went on Levin's show prior to his primary so this isn't anything out of the norm. Levin is #7 on Talker's "Heavy Hundred" list but Church doesn't even cut it. Also, Levin is the power show for conservative listeners in the evening time slot, so going on the show for a candidate is almost like a prez candidate going to Israel for a visit. Hopefully, his appearance helped GOTV today. Fingers crossed for TX!

In races like this, I ask myself would Rand be better off w/ Hutchinson or with a guy like Cruz. I feel pretty good.

Good points. But why not go on Church's show? He espouses everything Cruz supposedly stands for. I see it as more political bullshit. And the way he was kissing Levin's ass was pretty deplorable.

FSP-Rebel
07-31-2012, 10:26 AM
Good points. But why not go on Church's show? He espouses everything Cruz supposedly stands for. I see it as more political bullshit. And the way he was kissing Levin's ass was pretty deplorable.
You, of all people, should appreciate this sort of thing. I'm not gonna say groupie:eek: but it appears you're a strong part of both Hannity and Levin's listener base.:p I bet when you call in you tell Hannity he's a great American and stuff..

Anyways, I'm thinking Church doesn't have much to offer Cruz as far as getting him more votes. I suspect that Church's audience is more well informed and are already down for Cruz. Levin is where you go to reach the flag waving-Bible thumpers that vote in every election.

AuH20
07-31-2012, 11:00 AM

He can go on Church's show after he is elected. Right now he should be consumed with beating Dewhurst and the machine behind him.

Carlybee
07-31-2012, 12:39 PM
A true liberty person would not diss Ron Paul to save their own political hide. To me there are so many lesser of two evils out there it's pathetic....the lesser of two evils is still evil. Let's just all roll over and play dead and see what happens to this Revolution. I know one thing...these so called liberty friendly people better not flip flop because some of us are going to go scorched earth over it if they do and that includes Cruz and any other candidate who has taken Ron Paul supporters contributions and votes. I don't know how the F you can claim any right to be a liberty candidate and agree with anything coming out of Mark Levin's uberZionist mouth. Levin and his ilk need to be boycotted by liberty people so their frigging ratings will plummet and maybe one of these days we can get some true liberty people on the airwaves. This co-opting of the liberty movement by the so called libertarian Republicans aka co-opted Tea partiers or whatever the heck they are calling themselves these days has one goal and that is to redefine liberty on their terms.

cajuncocoa
07-31-2012, 01:23 PM
A true liberty person would not diss Ron Paul to save their own political hide. To me there are so many lesser of two evils out there it's pathetic....the lesser of two evils is still evil. Let's just all roll over and play dead and see what happens to this Revolution. I know one thing...these so called liberty friendly people better not flip flop because some of us are going to go scorched earth over it if they do and that includes Cruz and any other candidate who has taken Ron Paul supporters contributions and votes. I don't know how the F you can claim any right to be a liberty candidate and agree with anything coming out of Mark Levin's uberZionist mouth. Levin and his ilk need to be boycotted by liberty people so their frigging ratings will plummet and maybe one of these days we can get some true liberty people on the airwaves. This co-opting of the liberty movement by the so called libertarian Republicans aka co-opted Tea partiers or whatever the heck they are calling themselves these days has one goal and that is to redefine liberty on their terms.+rep

RonPaulFanInGA
08-01-2012, 06:40 AM
It could be something as innocent as "Levin has more listeners than Church."

green73
08-01-2012, 07:09 AM
It could be something as innocent as "Levin has more listeners than Church."

Real good logic there.

juleswin
08-01-2012, 07:18 AM
A true liberty person would not diss Ron Paul to save their own political hide. To me there are so many lesser of two evils out there it's pathetic....the lesser of two evils is still evil. Let's just all roll over and play dead and see what happens to this Revolution. I know one thing...these so called liberty friendly people better not flip flop because some of us are going to go scorched earth over it if they do and that includes Cruz and any other candidate who has taken Ron Paul supporters contributions and votes. I don't know how the F you can claim any right to be a liberty candidate and agree with anything coming out of Mark Levin's uberZionist mouth. Levin and his ilk need to be boycotted by liberty people so their frigging ratings will plummet and maybe one of these days we can get some true liberty people on the airwaves. This co-opting of the liberty movement by the so called libertarian Republicans aka co-opted Tea partiers or whatever the heck they are calling themselves these days has one goal and that is to redefine liberty on their terms.

I listen to Jerry Doyle whenever I can. He is someoneyou know is on our side even though he does the conservative spiel just like the best of em.

mport1
08-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Yikes, in his victory speech he thanked Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck. He also praised monetarist Milton Friedman.

AuH20
08-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Yikes, in his victory speech he thanked Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck. He also praised monetarist Milton Friedman.

Nothing to worry about. Huckabee, Cheney and Perry all were lined up against him for obvious reasons. You can tell alot by someone by the people who are opposed to them.

LibertyEagle
08-01-2012, 09:50 AM

What liberty people listen to Mark Levin? ROFLMAO

It remains to be seen how liberty-oriented Cruz is. At this point, all I know is that he was MUCH better than Dewhurst. The rest is yet to be seen.