PDA

View Full Version : Florida Budget is joke!!!

ladyliberty
11-17-2007, 08:34 PM
and the neo-con republicans are to blame!!!!

This is going to be a tough sell in Florida to those who blame our state's budget crisis on republicans! I have had to go out of business effective January 1 2008, because the Disability budget was reduced so drastically that I can no longer afford to stay in business. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExYN0jbus2w

Mods I apologize if this is in the wrong forum - you may move it if need be.

apc3161
11-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Is the size of the budget a joke? Is it too big or too small in your eyes? Or is it the corruption? What are you upset about particularly?

If the budget is smaller, were taxes lowered as well?

I'm sorry I just don't understand what you are mad about, you just state that you are mad but don't explain.

ladyliberty
11-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Florida politics are CRAZY!!!!

They spend Big $$$$$$$$$ on stupid stuff like orchid conventions and cut stuff like funding to people who have disabilites. The people who recieve Med Waiver funding (tied to medicaid funding) are eligible to recieve services such as Personal Care Assistance, Compa nion, Adult Day Training, and other services - including Support Coordination. I was a Support coordinator and my funding rate was cut to less than half of what I now recieve!

They are more concerned about how pretty the landscaping is in front of the city hall than they are about making sure people living in group homes are not going to be made hoimeless by the budget cuts.

The republicans in office are directly responsible for this irresponsible spending, and so people think the way to clean house is to vote democrat!

whatch the youtube link and you see what I mean

apc3161
11-18-2007, 03:05 AM
Yea, if there is anything I'm picking up on, its that government should be small and taxes should be low. Why? Because government seriously can't be trusted, they are so corrupt and/or inefficient.