PDA

View Full Version : Batman shooter James Holmes' psychiatrist...

awake
07-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Via Robert Wenzel Bolg

Dr. Lynne Fenton's Bio that was Deleted from U of Colorado (http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/07/dr-lynne-fentons-bio-that-was-deleted.html)
The psychiatrist who was treating Aurora massacre suspect James Holmes is Dr. Lynne Fenton. Her bio has been deleted from the University of Colorado where she worked.

Some quick thinkers grabbed the Google cache, so that we can all see what Fenton/U of C might want to hide:
Lynne Fenton, MD
Assistant Professor

ACADEMIC APPOINTMENTS, PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS, AND HONORS

Positions and Employment:

Medical Director, Student Mental Health Service, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, 7-2009 – present

Research Fellow/Instructor, Research and Development Service, VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System, 7-2008 - present

Research Fellow/Instructor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, 7-2008-present

Fellowship in Brain Imaging, Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver, 1008-2010

Residency in General Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver, 2005-2008

Physician, private practice, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Denver, CO, 1994-2005

Medical Acupuncturist, Mile High Spine and Rehabilitation, Greenwood Village, CO, 2001-2002, and 2004-2005

Physician, Colorado Rehabilitation and Occupational Medicine, Aurora, CO, 1993-1994

Chief of Physical Medicine, United States Air Force, San Antonio, TX, 1990-1993

Staff Physiatrist, Wilford Hall United States Air Force Medical Center, San Antonio, TX, 1990-1993

Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Northwestern University Medical Center, 1986-1990

Other Experience and Professional Memberships:

Colorado Psychiatric Society Junior Trustee, 2009-present

American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Board-certified, 2009

Colorado Psychiatric Society Early Career Psychiatrists Trustee, 2008-2009

State of Colorado Medical License - issued 1993

American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine Certified, 1992

American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board-certified, 1991

Honors:

Associate Investigator Award for training in research from the Department of Veterans Affairs, 2008-2011

PRITE Award, 2006, 2007

Medal of Commendation, United States Air Force, 1993

Scholl Fellowship Award for research in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 1990

Teaching Activities (limited to Psychiatry-related teaching):

Supervision:

Psychiatry Residents:

weekly supervision of six R2 residents, 1-hour per resident 2007- 2008
supervision of R1-R4 residents in outpatient clinic, 4 hours per week 2007- 2008
inpatient and consult-liaison call, supervision of R2 and R3 residents 2008 - present
Student Mental Health Service, supervision of R4 and R3 residents, 2009 - present

Lectures:

"Pain – Diagnosis and Treatment", 2006, 2008
University of Colorado, R2 Consult-Liaison Psychiatry class
"Somatoform Disorders", 2006, 2008
University of Colorado, R2 Consult-Liaison Psychiatry class
"CATIE", 2007, 2008, 2009
University of Colorado, R3 Evidence-based Medicine course
"STEP-BD", 2007, 2008, 2009
"STAR*D", 2007, 2008, 2009

Courses:

Psychiatry Board and PRITE Review Course - Developed and co-taught 10 session weekly course for R1-R4 residents, 8/2007-10/2007
Psychopharmacology for Non-Prescribing Clinicians - Developed and taught weekly course for social work interns, 9/2007-3/2008
R-3 Evidence-Based Medicine - Co-taught weekly 90 minute course for R3 residents
Axis-II Disorders - 4 lecture series, part of R-1 introductory lectures, 1/2009, 4/2009
Student Mental Health - New 5 week course for R-4 residents to begin 2010
R4 Clinical Rotation in Student Mental Health - One-half day per week, 2009 - present

Presentations:

Grand Rounds: "Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality, and Chronic Pain", University of Colorado, Department of Psychiatry, 9/28/2005
Poster presentation: "Psychotherapy for Patients with Neuropsychiatric Disorders", Junior Faculty Poster Show, University of Colorado Department of Psychiatry, 3/2007
Grand Rounds: “Student Mental Health – a Developmental Perspective”, University of Colorado, Department of Psychiatry, 10/11/2009

Clinical Activities:

Medical Director, Student Mental Health Service, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, 2009 – present

medication and psychotherapy for 15-20 graduate students per week
coordination of team of four mental health clinicians
supervision of R4 and R3 residents who treat student
lectures, outreach to students, administrators and faculty

Psychiatrist, 5-10 general psychiatry patients, medication and psychotherapy, 2008 - present

SCHOLARSHIPS AND PUBLICATIONS

Selected Peer-Reviewed Publications:

Roth EJ. Fenton LL. Gaebler-Spira DJ. Frost FS. Yarkony GM. Superior mesenteric artery syndrome in acute traumatic quadriplegia: case reports and literature review. Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. 72(6):417-20, 1991 May.

Green D. Lee MY. Lim AC. Chmiel JS. Vetter M. Pang T. Chen D. Fenton L. Yarkony GM. Meyer PR Jr. Prevention of thromboembolism after spinal cord injury using low-molecular-weight heparin. Annals of Internal Medicine. 113(8):571-4, 1990 Oct 15.

Geary GG. Fenton L. Cheng G. Smith GT. Siu B. McNamara JJ. Failure of pretreatment with propranolol to reduce the zone of myocardial infarction after 2 hours of coronary occlusion in the primate heart. American Journal of Cardiology. 52(5):615-20, 1983 Sep 1.

Grants and Contracts:

Reward Processing in Schizophrenia: the Effects of Aripiprazole and Risperidone, 2008-present

A functional MRI investigation

False Pattern Recognition in Schizophrenia, 2009 - present

Involvement of the dopaminergic reward system.

Functional MRI Correlates of Overeating in Schizophrenia Treated with Olanzapine, 2009 - present

Associate Investigator Award, Department of Veterans Affairs, Schizophrenia Research Department, 2008-2010

Lynne Fenton, MD

Bldg. 500, Level 4, Rm. C4002

kathy88
07-29-2012, 05:14 PM
It was deleted? I'm absolutely shocked at that.

awake
07-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Yes, it was.

awake
07-29-2012, 05:55 PM
The old memory hole trick.

thoughtomator
07-29-2012, 06:51 PM
quick, someone think up an innocent reason for the bio to have been deleted!

JoshLowry
07-29-2012, 06:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZD7mS.jpg

*whistles*

kathy88
07-29-2012, 06:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZD7mS.jpg

*whistles*

Very subtle.

Nirvikalpa
07-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Probably because a bunch of nuts on an internet forum would post it trying to connect some invisible strings and consider themselves brilliant.

Sola_Fide
07-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Did she do hypnosis?

tangent4ronpaul
07-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Psychopharmacology for Non-Prescribing Clinicians - Developed and taught weekly course for social work interns, 9/2007-3/2008

This is actually quite innocent. There are lots of social workers that have to deal with people on things like lithium, Ritalin, etc and all those other things that they give to people with organic psychiatric problems as well as drug our kids with regularly in the public fool system.

They need to be able to recognize symptoms and if the drug is causing problems or often a combination of drugs is causing problems. They are the eyes and ears of the shrink that prescribed the drugs, to a large extent.

-t

JoshLowry
07-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Probably because a bunch of nuts on an internet forum would post it trying to connect some invisible strings and consider themselves brilliant.

Nah, this one appears to have a number of dots that are strange on their own.

The simple facts about his life and related parties (FICO, DARPA, Air Force, Salk Institute, nueroscience connections) beg that one dig further.

Brian4Liberty
07-29-2012, 09:11 PM
From a practical aspect, questions will arise as to why a person such as this could not identify the risk that her patient posed. The real answer is that no one can, and that would exonerate her. The establishment and authoritarian position will be that more stringent controls and monitoring are required. Crucify her as incompetent, or use this to expand the Mommy/Daddy State?

Prediction: they will bury this aspect of the story and expand the State.

thoughtomator
07-30-2012, 01:38 AM
The dominant risk factor appears to be taking drugs prescribed by a psychiatrist.

pochy1776
08-09-2012, 03:45 AM
Am i the only one that thinks Psychiatrists Aren't evil. I know one who ran the NYU department in 1976. And he reads Mises, RothBard and Hayek. Okay, i get it, there are only about 5 Psychiatrists in america who are Libertarian.

GunnyFreedom
08-09-2012, 04:52 AM
Am i the only one that thinks Psychiatrists Aren't evil. I know one who ran the NYU department in 1976. And he reads Mises, RothBard and Hayek. Okay, i get it, there are only about 5 Psychiatrists in america who are Libertarian.

Psychiatrists aren't evil, it's just that they have largely become an enforcement arm of the main-streaming of society, making America more directable.

Not all of anything is one way or the other, and there is not the shadow of a doubt that there are still enough aware hippocratic doctors who maintain honorable practices to be found. Largely, however, psychiatry has become the professional business of removing irregularity from society. It's all a part of the general decay of everything that American federal policy has created.

roho76
08-09-2012, 05:58 AM

No, the problem is the medical industries belief that if you have something wrong with you than there has to be a pill to fix it. More times than not these pills cause undesirable effects which the side effects can't possibly be known because we are all different biologically. Some will develop hives or a rash others will start blasting people in a movie theater. The problem is our insistence of pills to fix medical problems.

thoughtomator
08-09-2012, 06:03 AM
Am i the only one that thinks Psychiatrists Aren't evil.

IMO it's pretty plain and clear that most psychiatrists, psychologists, and social workers are evil, and that their main body of work is the perpetuation of others' pain and violation of others' trust for personal profit. How many schoolchildren do they have hopped up full-time on amphetamines these days?

pcosmar
08-09-2012, 06:39 AM
They are at the lead of Social Engineering and social control.

Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

They follow the same sort of mind set that was prevalent across this country,, that resulted in forced sterilization of those deemed "unfit".. and was expanded on in Nazi Germany..

It was imported back after the war in Operation Paperclip.
It was the force behind MK Ultra. And the massive drugging of Children today.

Sure,,there are some that are less evil..

libertyjam
08-09-2012, 07:31 AM
Nah, this one appears to have a number of dots that are strange on their own.

The simple facts about his life and related parties (FICO, DARPA, Air Force, Salk Institute, nueroscience connections) beg that one dig further.

This seems to be the most interesting part of the bio:

Grants and Contracts:

Reward Processing in Schizophrenia: the Effects of Aripiprazole and Risperidone, 2008-present

A functional MRI investigation

False Pattern Recognition in Schizophrenia, 2009 - present

Involvement of the dopaminergic reward system.

Functional MRI Correlates of Overeating in Schizophrenia Treated with Olanzapine, 2009 - present

Associate Investigator Award, Department of Veterans Affairs, Schizophrenia Research Department, 2008-2010