PDA

View Full Version : Letter from Former Maine State Director for Ron Paul Campaign - Re: Delegate Challenge

sailingaway
07-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Dear Maine Ron Paul Community,

As you may have heard today, Jan Staples---the Maine Republican National Committeewoman who was defeated for re-election at the 2012 Maine Republican Convention---is striking back.

After her loss at the Maine Republican Convention last May, Jan Staples (along with Peter Cianchette, Chairman of the Maine Mitt Romney Campaign), is now spearheading an effort to unseat the National Delegates who were rightfully elected at that convention. These National Delegates were voted on and properly elected by a majority of the State Republican Delegation. Now, Jan Staples is attempting to undo the democratic process we all participated in during last May's Convention.

Jan Staples' attack on the Maine Delegation comes just as we are preparing to fly down to Tampa to represent Maine in less than one month. With hotels booked and flights paid for, this attack hits the 40 elected Ron Paul Delegates and Alternates who have scrimped and saved since May in order to fulfill their elected responsibility of representing Maine in Tampa.

Jan Staples often speaks highly about the need for unity in the Maine Republican Party. Her actions, however, work to fracture and divide us by alienating those Republicans with whom she disagrees.

I agree that party unity is important. We have a sitting Republican Governor who has done more to cut and limit government than any resident of the Blaine House in recent memory. It is vital that we support him with constitutional conservative Republican majorities in the Maine State House and State Senate this November.

While Jan Staples espouses these same ideals, her actions do not demonstrate that party unity is among her priorities.

The good news is that Jan Staples and Peter Cianchette appear to be acting alone and without support from Maine GOP leadership.

In the aftermath of the Maine State Convention, Maine Party Chairman Charlie Webster declared his support for the right of the Maine delegation to be seated at the Republican National Convention: "The way I look at this, an election was held. We're going to fight to get our delegates seated in Tampa, that's our position. That's what we're ready to do."

Rick Bennett, the outgoing Maine National Committeeman, echoed this sentiment, stating last May that he would "fight tooth and nail" to ensure that Maine's delegates are seated at the national convention.

Adding to this is Governor Paul LePage's voice. In a statement released today, the Governor's office declared: "Governor Paul LePage stands behind Maine Republican National Committeeman Rick Bennett's position that all Maine Delegates should be seated at the Republican National Convention."

Despite efforts to divide us, we remain united.
Despite attempts to attack us, we remain strong.

We will represent Maine.
We will march to Tampa.
We will vote for Ron Paul.

For Liberty,
Eric Brakey
Maine National Delegate

http://www.dailypaul.com/246674/letter-from-former-maine-state-director-for-ron-paul-campaign

kathy88
07-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Great job Maine. Jan's a poor loser.

ClydeCoulter
07-29-2012, 11:31 AM
I really, really love good news :)

devil21
07-29-2012, 03:47 PM
If true that the state party itself isn't involved then the state party needs to publicly condemn this challenge and ask the RNC to disregard it.

CPUd
07-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Here's a letter written by Ginger Taylor - the woman who videoed "Charlie Cheater" :
http://www.dailypaul.com/246656/my-letter-to-maine-romney-chair-trying-to-unseat-me-from-gop-delegation

kathy88
07-29-2012, 04:37 PM
That letter was truly amazing. But WHY do we consistently see well spoken obviously intelligent people constantly use the word "loose" for "lose?" drives me insane!

ClydeCoulter
07-29-2012, 04:57 PM
That letter was truly amazing. But WHY do we consistently see well spoken obviously intelligent people constantly use the word "loose" for "lose?" drives me insane!

Me either :)

FSP-Rebel
07-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Bite it, Jan!

jbauer
07-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Really thats what you got out of it? A typeo? I would imagine that the lady who wrote this had a bunch of emotion going through her while writing. I'm not in the least concerned about anything that could or should be done differently.

kathy88
07-30-2012, 08:57 AM
Really thats what you got out of it? A typeo? I would imagine that the lady who wrote this had a bunch of emotion going through her while writing. I'm not in the least concerned about anything that could or should be done differently.

No, it was an excellent, well thought out letter. But it jumped out at me, the use of "loose" for "lose." If you are in the habit of reading comment sections on articles, you'll notice that it is a very common error, I've seen it here on the forums hundreds of times. I don't understand the error, as they are two completely different words, with completely different meanings. It makes me wonder why it is suck a common mistake. That's what I was pointing out and wondering about. I guess the "that letter was truly amazing" part didn't compute? When someone posts a one sentence comment to something, and misuses a word, I question their intelligence. I'm not saying it's right, but I do. This lady obviously is very intelligent, and still used the word incorrectly. That is what I was pointing out. I don't think it was a typo. A BA in English can really be a burden...

sailingaway
07-30-2012, 08:58 AM
No, it was an excellent, well thought out letter. But it jumped out at me, the use of "loose" for "lose." If you are in the habit of reading comment sections on articles, you'll notice that it is a very common error, I've seen it here on the forums hundreds of times. I don't understand the error, as they are two completely different words, with completely different meanings. It makes me wonder why it is suck a common mistake. That's what I was pointing out and wondering about. I guess the "that letter was truly amazing" part didn't compute? When someone posts a one sentence comment to something, and misuses a word, I question their intelligence. I'm not saying it's right, but I do. This lady obviously is very intelligent, and still used the word incorrectly. That is what I was pointing out. I don't think it was a typo. A BA in English can really be a burden...

I hate loose for lose, as well. But since I just type quickly, I often look at my posts and see a lot worse than that..... :p

Tinnuhana
07-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Running spellcheck won't pick it up since it's a real word of its own (loose/lose)

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-30-2012, 12:14 PM
This lady obviously is very intelligent, and still used the word incorrectly. That is what I was pointing out. I don't think it was a typo. A BA in English can really be a burden...

You should drop in on the sports forums where it's very common for some people to call other people "loosers." Then it becomes less burdensome and more comical.

kathy88
07-30-2012, 12:24 PM
You should drop in on the sports forums where it's very common for some people to call other people "loosers." Then it becomes less burdensome and more comical.

AHHHHH so you've SEEN it!!!!!!!

rockerrockstar
07-30-2012, 03:26 PM
It makes me wonder why it is suck a common mistake.

Speaking of Type Os. You used suck instead of such.

kathy88
07-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Speaking of Type Os. You used suck instead of such.Yes that was a typo. The other was the misuse of a word.