PDA

View Full Version : Retailers Ready To Force Consumers To Pay ‘Swipe Fee’ For Using Plastic...

Reason
07-28-2012, 11:16 PM
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/27/seen-at-11-retailers-ready-to-force-consumers-to-pay-swipe-fee-for-using-plastic/

10 bucks says the govt. finds a way to prevent any widespread facilitation of people going back to cash. We can't have anonymity in our "free country" now can we! Surely the terrrrrrerrrists will win!

pauljmccain
07-29-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm not sure who this Kelli Grant is, but she sounds like an idiot. This whole article is based on her idea that retailers are going to start charging a surcharge for credit card purchases, just because they legally are allowed to now. And apparently her opinions make up the only source for this entire article. Good old media.

I am a retailer. There is no way in a million years I'd add a card-swipe surcharge. My customers would flock to the competitor. Do we build the expense in the price? Yeah, just like our lease, paychecks, and utilities. It's the cost of doing business. This will never happen.

tangent4ronpaul
07-29-2012, 01:06 AM
Stores arround here - well, some of them, offer a discount for cash. It's less than what they are charged for the swipe fee.

-t