PDA

View Full Version : THE LARGEST PROTEST THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN IS GOING ON NOW MEDIA HAS IT BLACKED OUT

Indy Vidual
07-28-2012, 09:30 PM
All caps title is from the source.
The Mexican elections are contested (fraud) and huge amounts of people are protesting. (Dated ~July 10th)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-13ocunW64&feature=related

sailingaway
07-29-2012, 09:58 AM
fascinating.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more on twitter.

https://twitter.com/#!/search/mexico

--
edit:

here we go, you have to get pretty specific: https://twitter.com/#!/search/mexican%20election%20protests

they don't like the media coverage and are blockading media stations, but this says 6,000-10,000 people: http://earththreats.com/2012/07/mexican-protests-block-tv-studios-amidst-election-scandal/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

of course the station protest is just one part of the overall protest.

sailingaway
07-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Here is some back story, it seems:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2MKYax5H4cc#!

hazek
07-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Heeeeh what a waste of time, just like Egypt all these fools want is a new master, not actually freedom. So who cares, I sure don't.

torchbearer
07-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Heeeeh what a waste of time, just like Egypt all these fools want is a new master, not actually freedom. So who cares, I sure don't.

+1.
they should be fighting to remove all masters.

Ender
07-29-2012, 12:35 PM

At least they are doing something instead of complaining on forums and sucking their thumbs.

talkingpointes
07-29-2012, 01:12 PM
What's more interesting is why isn't a "Latin spring" going on down there ? Could it be we actually back this government?

silverhandorder
07-29-2012, 01:13 PM
At least they are doing something instead of complaining on forums and sucking their thumbs.

Yeah and they are wasting their time and as such are worse off then us thumb suckers.

hazek
07-29-2012, 02:22 PM

I rather waste my time risking a thumb blister than perhaps getting shot when I know the outcome can't change anything and it can even make things worse. So yeah..

cajuncocoa
07-29-2012, 02:26 PM
At least they are doing something instead of complaining on forums and sucking their thumbs.says someone who just posted on a forum.

libertyjam
07-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Protesters have dubbed Televisa (Mexican News station) a “factory of lies,” Sound familiar?

http://www.thenation.com/blog/169000/tens-thousands-protest-mexicos-new-president#

At least 32,000 protesters marched through Mexico City chanting slogans like “Peña Out” and “Fraud, Fraud” to contest the election results Sunday, accusing president-elect Enrique Peña Nieto, a member of the PRI, of electoral fraud.

Protesters carried signs reading, “Winning by cheating is not winning at all and is illegal” and “You launder money, we are cleaning our consciences.”
The Indypendent’s Marta Molina reports that many international elections observers call these elections “some of the most fraudulent” they have ever seen, due to the “high number of irregularities, abuses and illegalities committee before, during and after election day.”

For his part, the Democratic Revolution Party’s Andrés Manuel López Obrador pointed out that the election was not portrayed fairly in the media and that the constitution was violated due to the vast sums of money that the PRI spent on media coverage. He added that he would “wait until the ballot counts were finalized” on July 4 to state his position.

Hours before the first preliminary announcement, Mexican citizens gathered in front of the IFE denouncing their disenfranchisement due to a lack of ballots. “How can they be saying that Mexico has a president if I’m a Mexican citizen and they didn’t let me vote?” asked Miguel, from Playa del Carmen, around midnight in Mexico City’s Zócalo. He was unable to cast his ballot even though at 9 in the morning he had been in line to exercise his right to vote.

At the beginning of election day, many citizens went to observe the polling stations and report any type of irregularity. The Yo Soy 132 movement took on the job of compiling people’s complaints about possible electoral fraud. They have classified them into four categories: electoral crimes, polling station irregularities, use of violence and intimidation of citizen observers.

At a press conference this July 5, Yo Soy 132 showed clips of videos that show people being given prepaid cards — either 100 or 500 pesos ($10 or $50) — for supermarkets like Soriana, as well as being grouped together in trucks to vote as a bloc. By July 3, the Yo Soy 132 Observer Commission had received 1,100 reports of alleged irregularities taking place during the elections, 635 of the reports from citizens. Out of those, 325 were accusations of vote-buying, and the rest referred to irregularities at the polling stations and party propaganda being posted on the election’s eve. Most of these irregularities are blamed on the PRI.

Demonstrators within the Yo Soy 132 movement have expressed frustration with the “monopolization” of Mexican politics and media, including the fact that media companies Televisa and TV Azteca control 95 percent of Mexico’s TV market.

Protesters have dubbed Televisa a “factory of lies,” and accuse the PRI of having won the election by vote-buying and an aggressive PR campaign waged largely via the country’s TV giant.

RickyJ
07-29-2012, 03:03 PM
The blackout has been very effective. This is the first I have heard about even a recent election in Mexico, much less a protest of this magnitude.

John F Kennedy III
07-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Is there any country with fair elections?

roho76
07-29-2012, 04:12 PM

No. Well, maybe Iceland. For now.

Ender
07-29-2012, 05:39 PM
says someone who just posted on a forum.

True- but I am not making fun of the protesters or inferring I am smarter by doing nothing.

Ender
07-29-2012, 05:40 PM
The blackout has been very effective. This is the first I have heard about even a recent election in Mexico, much less a protest of this magnitude.

Which means it was probably not a US backed protest.

Astralife
08-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Those images are from Tahrir Square in Egypt...

pcosmar
08-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Those images are from Tahrir Square in Egypt...

No,, I think not.
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/files/2012/07/mexico-yosoy.jpg

bolil
08-11-2012, 01:28 PM
And when the revolution begins, there are always those. The comfortably agitated, the keyboard warrior.

jbauer
08-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Screw thumb sucking. They're not going to shoot anyone with that many people around. We the people need to take back OUR government and sitting bitching about it on RPF doesn't do anything. I joined this forum to meet others like me and so stuff. Isn't that what we're all here for?

I rather waste my time risking a thumb blister than perhaps getting shot when I know the outcome can't change anything and it can even make things worse. So yeah..

jbauer
08-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Moon Base?

showpan
08-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Screw thumb sucking. They're not going to shoot anyone with that many people around. We the people need to take back OUR government and sitting bitching about it on RPF doesn't do anything. I joined this forum to meet others like me and so stuff. Isn't that what we're all here for?

you mean DO stuff.......yes, me too. Read my sig. And I'm not talking about participation in a rigged system.

Tiso0770
08-11-2012, 07:22 PM
All caps title is from the source.
The Mexican elections are contested (fraud) and huge amounts of people are protesting. (Dated ~July 10th)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-13ocunW64&feature=related

This will be us after the General elections. Hmmmm, he use the words 'Liberal Neo', sounds like Romney doesn't it.

Indy Vidual
08-11-2012, 09:05 PM
No,, I think not.
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/files/2012/07/mexico-yosoy.jpg

That's a powerful turnout, thanks for posting the pic.

pcosmar
08-11-2012, 09:08 PM
That's a powerful turnout, thanks for posting the pic.

Did a little search,, many photos were from stories that were scrubbed,,and no longer available.
media silence it telling.

Indy Vidual
08-11-2012, 09:19 PM
...media silence it telling.

There are limits to how much freedom and open protesting can be tolerated in our own backyard.

Carson
08-28-2012, 09:51 PM

I laughed out loud...

and then reinserted my thumb.

jclay2
08-28-2012, 09:52 PM
+1.
they should be fighting to remove all masters.

But its so much fun switching puppets:)

pochy1776
08-28-2012, 10:34 PM
I hope the US Constitution gets drafted all over the world. Scandinavia might have the pretty women but we have the best intellectuals and revolutionaries since since Diocleton and Constantine.