PDA

View Full Version : Ed Failor lied, candidates were not selected months in advance.

literatim
06-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Press Release, dated June 8th:
http://www.iowapolitics.com/index.iml?Article=97674

Iowans for Tax Relief, Iowa Christian Alliance: Presidential candidate forum set for June 30 in Des Moines
6/8/2007

DES MOINES, IA—Iowans for Tax Relief (ITR) and the Iowa Christian Alliance (ICA) are hosting a Presidential Candidates Forum in Des Moines, Iowa.

ITR and ICA are non-partisan organizations with combined memberships of over 55,000 Iowa voters. Our members are motivated by tax relief and social issues; we are creating a platform for our members to hear the various candidates speak.

All credible Democrat and Republican Presidential candidates were invited.

Event Details:
Saturday, June 30, 2007
1:00pm- 5:00pm
Iowa Events Center; Hy-Vee Hall
730 Third Street
Des Moines, IA 50309

Event Schedule:
Candidates will have 20 minutes to address the audience and 10 minutes for clarification on positions asked by David Stanley, ITR Chairman and Steve Scheffler, ICA President.

Confirmed Speaking Order:
1:30pm Honorable Tommy Thompson
2:05pm Governor Mike Huckabee
2:40pm Senator Sam Brownback
3:15pm Governor Mitt Romney
3:50pm Congressman Tom Tancredo
4:25pm Governor Jim Gilmore

Press Release dated June 19th rivising the candidates.
http://www.iowapolitics.com/index.iml?Article=98442

Iowans for Tax Relief, Iowa Christian Alliance: Updated line-up for June 30 presidential candidates forum
6/19/2007

DES MOINES, IA— Iowans for Tax Relief (ITR) and the Iowa Christian Alliance (ICA) are hosting a Presidential Candidates Forum on Saturday, June 30, 2007 in Des Moines, Iowa.

ITR and ICA are non-partisan organizations with combined memberships of over 55,000 Iowa voters. Our members are motivated by tax relief and social issues; we are creating a platform for our members to hear the various candidates speak. All credible Democrat and Republican Presidential candidates were invited.

Confirmed Candidate UPDATE; Congressman Hunter will be speaking in Governor Gilmore’s absence.

UPDATED Speaking Order:
1:30pm Honorable Tommy Thompson
2:05pm Governor Mike Huckabee
2:40pm Senator Sam Brownback
3:15pm Governor Mitt Romney
3:50pm Congressman Tom Tancredo
4:25pm Congressman Duncan Hunter

Event Schedule:

Candidates will have 20 minutes to address the audience and 10 minutes for clarification on six questions that have been sent to the campaigns. Clarification will be asked by David Stanley, ITR Chairman and Steve Scheffler, ICA President. The questions are listed below for you.

BLS
06-20-2007, 09:47 PM
That C()CKsuka.

Not like we all didn't know that...but I think we need to get a collective approach to overloading their phones tomorrow.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-20-2007, 09:53 PM
That C()CKsuka.

Not like we all didn't know that...but I think we need to get a collective approach to overloading their phones tomorrow.

Agree. I didn't call today, but will hit the phones, fax and email again tomorrow.

wecandoit
06-20-2007, 09:56 PM
so this makes his claims of recieving threatning phone calls even less credible.

Brandybuck
06-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Yes, call them. But be polite, call the office not the home, and call during reasonable business hours. Failor is on the radio saying we are calling him at home at midnight and harrassing his wife and kids.

Don't give him any ammunition!

We can't stop all the rude vulgar loudmouths in the movement, but maybe we can cut down on the number a bit.

zMtLlC
06-20-2007, 10:06 PM
And he also cited a Mason-Dixon poll as the poll that made his decision on who was "credible," and Thompson, Gilmore, and Tancredo were TIED with Dr. Paul.

link (http://www.ballot-access.org/2007/06/09/nh-mason-dixon-presidential-primary-poll/)

BLS
06-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Wow...he flat out lied.

And although I do NOT believe anyone called him at his home and was rude to his wife or kids, I can't prove it didn't happen.

That being said.....that's highly inappropriate.
CAlling and being firm, demanding a straight answer is ONE thing..but losing your couth only enables the other parties to stray off conversation.

You DON'T have to be nice....but you should act dignified.

pazzo83
06-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Agreed, be firm, be resolute, but be professional. Round 2 starts tomorrow people.

mesler
06-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Out of hundreds of supporters, it is possible that a handful sounded physically upset and it came across as threatening over the phone. It's all about perception.

LibertyCzar
06-20-2007, 10:37 PM
How about if we try to find out what the 55,000 members think too?

Spirit of '76
06-20-2007, 10:55 PM
How about if we try to find out what the 55,000 members think too?

Yeah, I've been hoping that a mailing list of these organizations' members would show up. It'd be good for them to discover what their "leaders" don't want them to know.

It's quite clear that they're not going to learn it in the mainstream media. Of all the emails I sent out yesterday (so many of the same letter that gmail disabled my ability to send mail for 24 hours), the ONLY real live reply I got was from the Ombudsman of the New York Times, who said that she would forward my letter to the political editors.

Other than that, nada.

I mean, this is NEWS and these people won't touch it. The depth of the conspiracy to bury this man's message of freedom is horrifying.

RPR-omaha
06-20-2007, 11:01 PM
The article says "all credible democrat/republ canidates were invited." This is past tense. Therefore we have no proof he was lying. :mad: The article does not say when the canidates were invited.

FSUSeminolesR#1
06-21-2007, 06:01 AM
Someone in Iowa should make up a tri-fold brochure with all of Dr Pauls ideas/strengths. They ask RP headquarters to run off about 20K brochures and they stand there and hand them out to people as they come to the event.

AjaxPress
06-21-2007, 08:35 AM
I don't see any Democrats on the invite list. Is he trying to say not a single Dem was credible?

osofaux
06-21-2007, 09:01 AM
The article says "all credible democrat/republ canidates were invited." This is past tense. Therefore we have no proof he was lying. :mad: The article does not say when the canidates were invited.

That thought went through my mind as well. However, the change in line-up in the second release does prove that they not unable to make changes, but flat out unwilling in Paul's instance.