PDA

View Full Version : Harry Reid Twitter Town Hall on Monday

IDefendThePlatform
07-28-2012, 08:46 AM
Harry Reid is having a "twitter townhall" on Monday, July 30th at 2:30pm EST:

My Twitter Town Hall on clean energy will take place on Mon. 7/30 at 2:30 ET/11:30 PT. Be sure to follow and ask questions with#AskReidNCES (https://twitter.com/search/%23AskReidNCES)

https://twitter.com/SenatorReid/status/228897057023352832

T (https://twitter.com/SenatorReid/status/228897057023352832)his guy doesn't deserve a moment's peace until he brings #AuditTheFed to a vote.

Matt Collins
07-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Let the hilarity begin :D

Scott_in_PA
07-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Harry Reid is having a "twitter townhall" on Monday, July 30th at 2:30pm EST:

I predict it will end at 2:40....(or be screened and censored if that is possible:confused:)

ClydeCoulter
07-28-2012, 09:34 AM
I hope all of us Paul supporters will be polite and stick to the issues, trying to convince him to support S.202 instead of calling him every name in the book for his "vow".

We need to show support for S.202, not "hatred" for him.

What would convince you? Good arguments and sound facts, or yelling and screaming at you?

And this is what we don't want:

I predict it will end at 2:40....(or be screened and censored if that is possible:confused:)

sailingaway
07-28-2012, 10:06 AM
fascinating.

sailingaway
07-28-2012, 10:07 AM
I hope all of us Paul supporters will be polite and stick to the issues, trying to convince him to support S.202 instead of calling him every name in the book for his "vow".

We need to show support for S.202, not "hatred" for him.

What would convince you? Good arguments and sound facts, or yelling and screaming at you?

And this is what we don't want:

and videos.

Y after years cosponsoring bills 2 audit fed including in 1993 to audit monetary policy, do u block it now?

IDefendThePlatform
07-28-2012, 11:01 AM
and videos.

Y after years cosponsoring bills 2 audit fed including in 1993 to audit monetary policy, do u block it now?

Agreed.

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

ClydeCoulter
07-28-2012, 11:15 AM
and videos.

:D

IDefendThePlatform
07-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Bump.

Freespeech468
07-29-2012, 11:29 PM
bumpin

MelissaCato
07-30-2012, 05:33 AM
FULL AUDIT of the FED Harry !!! :cool:

KingNothing
07-30-2012, 05:57 AM
So, does Harry not know what the internet is or how it works? There is absolutely no way that this ends well for him.

ClydeCoulter
07-30-2012, 06:07 AM
So, does Harry not know what the internet is or how it works? There is absolutely no way that this ends well for him.

I'm sure he will have "filterers", if that's a word, to read tweets, filter out the hate-mail, and tell him what the questions are.

That's what some people don't seem to understand, noone pays attention to "you're a piece of crap" streaming over and over, they just skim by all of that and look for something to answer.

If they get a lot of questions on a particular topic, they will eventually see that they need to address it.

One thing that trolls do to try to prevent good discourse is to flood the twitter or chat streams with a bunch of crap so that it's harder to find the good stuff. Ever notice in the Doug Wead live chats that he spends a lot of useless time looking for something to respond to?

So we will need to keep asking the good questions and make good comments over and over so they are seen, until responded to, just not re-posted too quickly. Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V are your friend :)

specsaregood
07-30-2012, 06:20 AM

On the contrary, I'm quite sure he realizes that the internet means he can run a "townhall" without actually having to come into close physical proximity to the mundanes.

Danke
07-30-2012, 06:26 AM
...mundanes.

I just added that word to the search database.

KingNothing
07-30-2012, 06:41 AM
I'm sure he will have "filterers", if that's a word, to read tweets, filter out the hate-mail, and tell him what the questions are.

That's what some people don't seem to understand, noone pays attention to "you're a piece of crap" streaming over and over, they just skim by all of that and look for something to answer.

If they get a lot of questions on a particular topic, they will eventually see that they need to address it.

One thing that trolls do to try to prevent good discourse is to flood the twitter or chat streams with a bunch of crap so that it's harder to find the good stuff. Ever notice in the Doug Wead live chats that he spends a lot of useless time looking for something to respond to?

So we will need to keep asking the good questions and make good comments over and over so they are seen, until responded to, just not re-posted too quickly. Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V are your friend :)

Well, for instance, a college football coach who recently spurned one university to take a job at another had a twitter town hall last week. Students at the spurned school completely took it over and had derogatory things about the coach trending nationally.

What hashtag is Harry going to use for this? Developing a similar hashtag and attaching it to every Tweet to get it trending too would be an awesome idea. If we can pull that off, and there's no reason that we can't, Reid's hypocrisy over the Fed will be blasted all over the intertubes.

#AuditTheFed might do the trick. ....has that been mentioned in this thread yet?

Also, we should retweet one another so that tweets critical of Reid's behavior are featured most prominently. And I've found that tweets of a humorous nature and of a liberal bent are the most highly regarded in the twitterverse. Working that angle may get people who are not entirely on our side to retweet, and push our agenda forward.

IDefendThePlatform
07-30-2012, 08:07 AM
What hashtag is Harry going to use for this?

#AuditTheFed might do the trick.

He's using #AskReidNCES for a hash tag. I'd think we would want to use that and #AuditTheFed in all our tweets today.

KingNothing
07-30-2012, 08:21 AM
He's using #AskReidNCES for a hash tag. I'd think we would want to use that and #AuditTheFed in all our tweets today.

Yep. We should use both #AskReidNCES & #AuditTheFed in each of our tweets to get both trending nationally. I wonder if we have the clout to pull that off.

IDefendThePlatform
07-30-2012, 08:29 AM
I just posted this over at Daily Paul as well, so if you have an account there please vote up and comment:

http://www.dailypaul.com/246808/harry-reid-twitter-town-hall-today-monday-july-30th-230pm-est

DEGuy
07-30-2012, 08:31 AM
Can someone come up with a constructive, non-hate filled tweet, that's posed is a way that might actually get answered? We could all tweet it or something really similar.

IDefendThePlatform
07-30-2012, 08:33 AM
Can someone come up with a constructive, non-hate filled tweet, that's posed is a way that might actually get answered? We could all tweet it or something really similar.

Probably not me, I'm pretty well filled with rage at this point. Sailingaway?

KingNothing
07-30-2012, 08:42 AM

That's a good idea. I'd also suggest that we ramp up the snark. Twitter LOVES snark.

Pointed, mildly offensive, caustic tweets at his expense, revolving around our desire to have the Fed audited, will be retweeted and favorited.

KingNothing
07-30-2012, 08:43 AM
Also, has Reddit picked up on this? The meme machine that it has become would be a good ally to have on our side here.

fj45lvr
07-30-2012, 10:33 AM
T (https://twitter.com/SenatorReid/status/228897057023352832)his guy doesn't deserve a moment's peace until he brings #AuditTheFed to a vote.

no kidding. if there was ever something worthy of 24/7 disturbing his peace this is one (for being such a damned liar like most politicians).

ClydeCoulter
07-30-2012, 11:12 AM

I hope so, otherwise it's a wasted effort, just trolling/hatefest. (do we want him to support it, or just tell him how much he digusts us, save the latter for later).

It will perhaps require an answered tweet followed by other questions, remarks from us.

1. Have you changed your position on S.202? #AuditTheFED (we need to see if all of the calls, emails, FB posts, tweets have had an effect first)

(IF NOT)
2. Why did you support #AuditTheFED before but now do not? (the answer to this is what could cause a ruckus)

...persuation?....

(IF SO)
Will you help get S.202 #AuditTheFED from committee to the floor for vote? (:D the best results start here)

etc...

BSU kid
07-30-2012, 12:19 PM
T-minus 11 minutes, I will be nice but firm at his event.

CPUd
07-30-2012, 12:38 PM
They are blocking like a mofo. Perhaps wait until it starts before posting anything about S 202

DonovanJames
07-30-2012, 12:40 PM
This is what I put.. Thought it had just the right amount of snark for Twitter.

DonovanJames‏@DonovanJames3

#AskReidNCES Hopefully Reid has a "renewed engery" to #AuditTheFed like he did in 1995. The serious question is: Why Not?

BSU kid
07-30-2012, 12:40 PM
I recommend molding S202 questions into clean energy comments. i.e..

"Did you know think that auditing the fed would reveal $, we can use for energy projects?"

ClydeCoulter
07-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Well, that was short and energy sweet...

Matt Collins
07-30-2012, 01:46 PM
What happened?

CPUd
07-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Senior staffer asking hand-picked questions... He talks a lot about his house in Searchlight, NV.

Then :

Senator Harry Reid @SenatorReid
1h
@Renzi8 We need to keep focus on this. The Tea Party & its funders have stalled most progress on clean energy. #AskReidNCES

This guy knows the game well. Since the vote last week in the House, he hasn't came out either way on it- just a position 'leaked' to the press, though I haven't found anything that has him directly saying he won't bring it to the floor. My guess is that there are so many for it, you have guys like Reid and Hoyer positioned as opponents so they can use it to bargain with.

McChronagle
07-30-2012, 07:24 PM
I have yet to see a direct quote either. All I've seen is that his office claims he will not bring it to a vote. It reminds me too much like a blatant lie or misquote about RP so I take it with caution. Either way pressure should be put on this to become an issue. I think we need to be careful though how we respond to this and remind ourselves that it could be very easy for the media, or our opponents, to get a rise out of us. Always be mindful of this and play above their level.

Lucille
07-30-2012, 08:03 PM
I hope someone mentioned legalizing HEMP for clean energy.