PDA

View Full Version : I'm attending a tea party event in southern NJ on Aug. 7th

Sovereign Forever
07-27-2012, 11:47 PM
The Tea party I'm attending is 85% in the bag for Romney before that they were Santourm people and before that Newt was all the rage so you know what I'm going up against.

I've pretty much given up trying to convert people as soon as they see my Ron Paul shirt or anything dealing with Central Banking ... the insults fly and I'm suddenly told VOTE ROMNEY or it's your fault that Obama gets re-elected.

In short you could light a 60 watt bulb for all of 25 seconds with the collective brain power in the room

This event usually gets 200 - 300 people

Here is my question

Do I attend in my usual garb of Ron Paul 2012 shirt with info packets and try once more to put out a raging fire with a squirt gun ?

or

Do I dress all in black with a ( 9-11 was a inside job ) shirt on and a piece of gray duct tape over my mouth with the word PATRIOT ACT on it ?

specsaregood
07-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Doesn't sound like you care for the people hosting or attending the event, so it doesn't sound to me like you should bother going.

GunnyFreedom
07-28-2012, 12:14 AM
You could always just dress like a normal everybody and hand out US Constitutions and tell people "America is heading for a calamity, and if you vote for anybody that will violate this Constitution, then you are helping to kill America."

You know, actually win people to the platform and awaken them from slumber rather than driving them to retrench. Just a thought.

FSP-Rebel
07-28-2012, 11:00 AM
You could always just dress like a normal everybody and hand out US Constitutions and tell people "America is heading for a calamity, and if you vote for anybody that will violate this Constitution, then you are helping to kill America."

You know, actually win people to the platform and awaken them from slumber rather than driving them to retrench. Just a thought.
Yep, blend in and rep the platform hard. We win coalition support with other republicans and tea partiers when we stick to the issues and not offer anything too divisive that takes more than 15 seconds to explain. Bill O has his so-called talking points memo that he does on Fox radio, so we need to fine-tune our own to pull conservatives our way w/o educating people too thoroughly. Fiscal platitudes work. Regarding seniors, it's worked for me to ask them how they think their entitlements will be funded when we have such an extravagant foreign policy. Some really think when I ask them how much money we'd have saved if we just went to war under a Congressional declaration, instead of under UN mandates or Prez orders. Just a thought