PDA

View Full Version : Hard to Break...

CoreyBowen999
11-17-2007, 07:39 PM
I have been trying to get my mom to understand why we should end this war in Iraq. I have told her that it is unconstitutional, its based on false claims, terrorists "dont hate us for our freedoms", and such. but she just keeps saying if we don't attack them over there, they will attack us here. Help:confused:

American
11-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Why do they attack us, or want to attack us.

Maybe its because we OCCUPY there country, we would do the same thing if anyone was here imposing there will on us......just like we are now, the Govt has been taken over, you see us taking to the streets in outrage dont you.

silverhandorder
Start telling her how the war is screwing us over. We wasting money, economy is falling because the world is pissed at us, soldiers dying (10x are getting crippled) and Russia and China planning something also.

Chester Copperpot
They said the same thing during Vietnam.. and it never happened... No domino theory.. no commies attacking us in California.. never happened..

False attempts to frighten the people

MusoSpuso
11-17-2007, 07:43 PM
I have been trying to get my mom to understand why we should end this war in Iraq. I have told her that it is unconstitutional, its based on false claims, terrorists "dont hate us for our freedoms", and such. but she just keeps saying if we don't attack them over there, they will attack us here. Help:confused:

Ask her what her reaction would be if China came and built a military base on her front lawn. Would she be cool with that or would she break out the shotgun?

They attack us because WE OCCUPY THEIR LAND and have been bombing and/or supporting despotic regimes in the middle east. How would she feel if someone did that to her on her back porch? Pretty simple logic.

TheConstitutionLives
11-17-2007, 07:44 PM

Ask her how she plans on paying for it! That's how I usually to get people to think b/c they never have an answer when they find out that we're putting this war on our Chinese credit card.

CoreyBowen999
11-17-2007, 07:46 PM
I have tried the China building bases, tried the Vietnam thing, and because we occupy there country. She just.. dosen't get it.

texasbelle
11-17-2007, 07:48 PM
What bout getting her a copy of "blowback" by chalmers johnson??

texasbelle
11-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Oh and get her to watch this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBR32X8vUy8

CoreyBowen999
11-17-2007, 07:49 PM
What bout getting her a copy of "blowback" by chalmers johnson??

She won't read it. Funny thing is.. I'm 14 and I get this stuff and would read it if i owned the book.

Mark Rushmore
11-17-2007, 07:52 PM

Tell her if we withdraw and they attack us here now, we can still afford to retaliate. If we sit around in someone else's civil war and wind up bankrupt with a broken army, then they can attack us here - over and over again.

Edit. The point is that she is obviously somewhat fearful, just get her to fear staying there more than fear bringing the troops home and you have it. The precise train of thought isn't so important as leveraging her fear.

mmarcman22
11-17-2007, 07:53 PM
If you think it isn't real, you better read! A very strategic location for China. They have already built a port in The Bahamas.

http://www.bajainsider.com/environment/port-punta-colonet.htm

me3
11-17-2007, 07:54 PM
See if she is willing to listen to the financial issues. If not, explain the moral issues of preventative war.

bbachtung
11-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Ask her how they'll get over here. It is not as if they have an air force or a navy.

CoreyBowen999
11-17-2007, 07:59 PM
I told her we are more vulnerable now. We have an open border.. but still. ITS SO FRUSTRATING!!

IHaveaDream
11-17-2007, 08:03 PM
If our nation minded its own business as the founders intended, what would the terrorists have to gain by attacking us? They know we are not afraid of war and they know we are not willing to accept a theocracy of any kind. The goal of a terrorist is to instill terror. Those who live in fear of them will always live with defeat, no matter where they are.

"He who angers you conquers you."
-- Elizabeth Kenny

hasan
11-17-2007, 08:06 PM
CoreyBowen999 I think the problem is that she doesn't want to get schooled by her own son. It might be a better tactic to ask someone else, an adult she knows and is in good terms with, to give her the info and educate her.

max
11-17-2007, 08:08 PM
There is an anti war Ron Paul video that will ur mom cry...

The one with the background music.."Its too late to say good bye"...

Show it to her!!

CoreyBowen999
11-17-2007, 08:09 PM
CoreyBowen999 I think the problem is that she doesn't want to get schooled by her own son. It might be a better tactic to ask someone else, an adult she knows and is in good terms with, to give her the info and educate her.

Lol.. that made me laugh about schooling her :D

hawkeyenick
11-17-2007, 08:10 PM

You can only reach people like this by talking about the monetary concept

The only way to pay for the war is to borrow from china...if china ever decided they wanted to hurt us, then could defeat us without ever shooting a single bullet

max
11-17-2007, 08:10 PM
I told her we are more vulnerable now. We have an open border.. but still. ITS SO FRUSTRATING!!

have you tried throwing yourself on the floor and threatening to not eat your veggies?..lol

I will try to find that video for you....and make sure she knows that Pat Tillman became antiwar...(but he ended up with 3 bullets in his head at close range from "friendly fire" before he could come home and discover RP