PDA

View Full Version : Breaking - UN gun ban treaty fails

Anti Federalist
07-27-2012, 05:14 PM
UN States Fail to Reach Global Arms Trade Treaty

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/states-fail-reach-global-arms-trade-treaty-16874375

U.N. member states have failed to reach agreement on a new treaty to regulate the multibillion dollar global arms trade.

Some diplomats and treaty supporters blamed the United States for triggering the unraveling of the month-long negotiating conference.

Hopes had been raised that agreement could be reached on a revised treaty text that closed some key loopholes by Friday's deadline for action. But the United States announced Friday morning that it needed more time to consider the proposed treaty — and Russia and China then also asked for more time.

AuH20
07-27-2012, 05:20 PM
back to the drawing board they say. It's not dead yet.

phill4paul
07-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Reload. 'Cause it is coming back.

ghengis86
07-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Victory for today. Celebrate it.

Then, stay vigilant because they will come again. They said they 'need more time', instead of the more Constitutional 'go fuck yourselves, UN'.

Anti Federalist
07-27-2012, 05:23 PM
back to the drawing board they say. It's not dead yet.

Reload. 'Cause it is coming back.

Nope, not by a long shot. (pun intended)

But, by god, I can cheer a little good news when it comes down.

The bastards got beaten back, at least for a time.

Brian4Liberty
07-27-2012, 05:25 PM
I support gun control. It's a matter of priorities.

!. Take all weapons away from all criminals. It's a matter of practicality and common sense.
2. Take all weapons away from all Police. It's a matter of principle and will avoid accidental killings of citizens and their pets.
3. Take all weapons away from the military. It's a matter of principle, and addresses the largest number of deaths by weapons.

If, and only if, all of the above are fully accomplished, the Constitution would have to be amended to allow for restrictions on arms for the average citizen.

AuH20
07-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Nope, not by a long shot. (pun intended)

But, by god, I can cheer a little good news when it comes down.

The bastards got beaten back, at least for a time.

Time to call in another false flag. :) Maybe the next one will be at a sporting event.

hazek
07-27-2012, 05:30 PM
You know what this means right? Since the Colorado staged shooting wasn't enough we will have to have two or three more of such staged events to really drive the fear of guns home in order to garner enough support. Right? :D

Oh people and their delusions.. :rolleyes:

hazek
07-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Time to call in another false flag. :) Maybe the next one will be at a sporting event.

Bwhahaha I wrote my post before even reading your's :D Great minds do think alike! :cool:

phill4paul
07-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Oh people and their delusions.. :rolleyes:

That can be said of anyone. ;)

Lucille
07-27-2012, 06:03 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/have-great-expectations-at-u-n-give-way-to-reality-on-arms-treaty

The big question now is what happens next? Global gun control proponents are not about to abandon their efforts, and were still apparently working on the measure late Friday. It is possible that some accord might be hammered out, but at what political cost to the Obama administration? Gun owners do not want anything that smacks of international gun control or an assault on the Second Amendment. This is an election year and they vote.

http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-gun-control-goes-back-under-the-radar

Regardless, new ways to advance citizen disarmament “under the radar” are still being explored, anticipating a time when it will be deemed safe to green light them. Among these could be moves that bypass the legislature altogether, such as executive orders designed to limit imports of “non-sporting” firearms and ammunition, and new and costly requirements for licensed gun dealers that could drive smaller ones out of business.

Additionally, anti-gun legislative measures are still advancing, buried in pending bills that would escape notice unless watchful eyes were ever present. A case in point, The Hill reported Thursday, is a cyber security bill sponsored by leading “safe” Senate anti-gunners, containing an amendment that “would make it illegal to transfer or possess large capacity feeding devices such as gun magazines, belts, feed stripes [sic] and drums of more than 10 rounds of ammunition with the exception of .22 caliber rim fire ammunition.” The bill is scheduled for debate and amendment votes next week, and while survival of that provision is questionable, it illustrates that the public liberty must be guarded with jealous attention, and that the devil is always lurking in the details.

http://reason.com/blog/2012/07/27/un-gun-treaty-not-looking-as-restrictive

The treaty’s unlikely to be finalized before the election. President Bush refused to include the United States from negotiations in the treaty, effectively scuttling them, but presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney hasn’t stated a position on the issue.
But we sure as hell know where he stands on the NDAA, assassination by presidential fiat, war w/ Iran (or any other country the imperial president deems a "threat"), and medical mj!

(BIRM (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?384441-Bombshell-Leaked-UN-Treaty-Does-Ban-Guns&p=4555355&viewfull=1#post4555355))

AuH20
07-27-2012, 06:05 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/have-great-expectations-at-u-n-give-way-to-reality-on-arms-treaty

http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-gun-control-goes-back-under-the-radar

http://reason.com/blog/2012/07/27/un-gun-treaty-not-looking-as-restrictive

But we sure as hell know where he stands on the NDAA, assassination by presidential fiat, war w/ Iran (or any other country the imperial president deems a "threat"), and medical mj!

(BIRM (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?384441-Bombshell-Leaked-UN-Treaty-Does-Ban-Guns&p=4555355&viewfull=1#post4555355))

He's going to wait after the election. That scheming weasel and his handlers. He may get re-elected but he will lose the Senate.

Anti Federalist
07-27-2012, 06:13 PM
but presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney hasn’t stated a position on the issue

Gun Rights and Mitt Romney

Tuesday, 22 November 2011 08:20

http://gunowners.org/mittromney-2012.htm

In the recent Presidential debate, Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann said America’s voters did not need to “settle” for the moderate candidate. Amen to that.

And gun owners do NOT want candidates who talk out of both sides of their mouths.

As the Gun Owners of America’s Board of Directors looks at the Republican candidates running to unseat radical anti-gun President Obama, we see several who have strong pro-gun backgrounds. Ron Paul, Rick Perry, Michelle Bachman all have solid pro-gun records and deserve a hard look from pro-gunners.

At least one frontrunner candidate stands in contrast with a decidedly mixed record on the gun issue. While Mitt Romney likes to “talk the pro-gun talk,” he has not always walked the walk.

“The Second Amendment protects the individual right of lawful citizens to keep and bear arms. I strongly support this essential freedom,” Romney assures gun owners these days.

But this is the same Mitt Romney who, as governor, promised not to do anything to “chip away” at Massachusetts’ extremely restrictive gun laws.

“We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts; I support them,” he said during a gubernatorial debate. “I won’t chip away at them; I believe they protect us and provide for our safety.”[1]

Even worse, Romney signed a law to permanently ban many semi-automatic firearms. “These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense,” Romney said in 2004. “They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”[2]

Romney also spoke in favor of the Brady law’s five day waiting period on handguns. The Boston Herald quotes Romney saying, “I don’t think (the waiting period) will have a massive effect on crime but I think it will have a positive effect.”[3]

Mitt Romney doesn’t seem to understand the meaning of “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.”

And that makes it all the more troubling that Romney refuses to answer GOA’s simple candidate questionnaire. In our more than 36 years of experience, a candidate is usually hiding anti-gun views if he or she refuses to come clean in writing with specific commitments to the Second Amendment.

Today, Romney may be a favorite “Republican Establishment” candidate of the national press corps. But that is exactly what gun owners DON’T need in a new President. We need someone who will stand by true constitutional principles and protect the Second Amendment.

sailingaway
07-27-2012, 06:35 PM
I should have known AF would have this first!

UN fails to reach deal on global arms trade treaty, as US asks for more time http://t.co/Zti35A36

Lucille
07-27-2012, 06:48 PM
They edited out all the good stuff. When I first read it, it was two pages.

Published: July 27, 2012 at 4:09 p.m. PDT — Updated: July 27, 2012 at 4:14 p.m. PDT

Salon (http://www.salon.com/2012/07/27/un_states_fail_to_reach_global_arms_trade_treaty/singleton/) has it:

It would require all countries to establish national regulations to control the transfer of conventional arms and to regulate arms brokers, and would prohibit states that ratify the treaty from transferring conventional weapons that violate arms embargoes or facilitate acts of genocide, crimes against humanity or war crimes.

In considering whether to authorize the export of arms, the draft says a country must evaluate whether the weapon would be used to violate international human rights or humanitarian laws or be used by terrorists or organized crime — and if there is “a substantial risk” the treaty would prohibit the transfer.

The new draft makes clear that doesn’t pertain only to arms exports but to all types of arms transfers, closing a loophole raised by campaigners.

National regulations requirements, regulate arms brokers, and all types of arms transfers, huh?

Crimes against humanity or war crimes? Some would say the US is guilty of lots of those!

If at first you don't succeed...:

Despite the failure to reach agreement, Moritan predicted that "we certainly are going to have a treaty in 2012."

He said there are several options for moving forward in the General Assembly which will be considered over the summer, before the world body's new session begins in September.

Tiso0770
07-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Talks over the UN Arms Trade Treaty fell apart today, effectively killing the agreement. The Arms Trade Treaty Legal Blog reports that the process seemed to be moving to completion when the United States requested an extension to the time to negotiate the agreement. This opened the door to other countries to begin registering objections, and it soon became clear that reaching agreement within the allowed timeframe would be impossible. The proposed treaty, which raised considerable domestic opposition from gun rights advocates in the United States, died before it had a chance to become a threat. As a delegate from China observed, "C'est la vie et la vie c'est ça."

The UN may take up the matter at a later date, but for now it is on indefinite hiatus.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/robbins-report/2012/jul/27/un-arms-treaty-dead/

ZENemy
07-27-2012, 07:42 PM
So this is basically the SOPA version.

This is the BIG bill that everyone woke up to, now its dead...

So now the secret bills will come like IE: Cispa/ACTA

Carson
07-27-2012, 07:54 PM
When I started looking into where the money was coming from to buy off the politicians and subvert the immigration laws of the world, I came across what may be the root of many of our problems. Fiat Money.

No matter how much real money people can put together to build their countries the way they want there are those that can print up what ever it takes to get their way.

They will keep rising up with things like this over and over like those guys in the scary movies that you think are dead. They can afford to. They are using our money.

LibertyEagle
07-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Time to get out of the UN and kick it out of the U.S.

ZENemy
07-27-2012, 08:02 PM

Yes please!

Tiso0770
07-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Cut the Serpents head off and the Cabal will have no funding, mainly the Federal Reserve...lol.

They will keep rising up with things like this over and over like those guys in the scary movies that you think are dead. They can afford to. They are using our money.[/QUOTE]

Anti Federalist
07-27-2012, 08:12 PM

Yes please!

Seconded.

AuH20
07-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Seconded.

Perfectly good riverfront property wasted.

http://blog.mediaglobal.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/unphoto.jpg

Pericles
07-27-2012, 08:31 PM
This is like voting to join the EU. If you vote no, you will have to vote again. And as long as you keep voting no, you will have to vote yet again, until you vote yes. Then you don't need to vote anymore.

erowe1
07-27-2012, 08:57 PM
This is impossible.

I thought the whole reason TPTB orchestrated the Aurora shooting was because that would make this treaty pass.

phill4paul
07-28-2012, 06:23 AM
This is impossible.

I thought the whole reason TPTB orchestrated the Aurora shooting was because that would make this treaty pass.

:rolleyes: You win the Witty Award for Wittiness.

No Free Beer
07-28-2012, 07:03 AM
damn straight

No Free Beer
07-28-2012, 07:03 AM
[QUOTE=Anti Federalist;4555365]UN States Fail to Reach Global Arms Trade Treaty

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/states-fail-reach-global-arms-trade-treaty-16874375

U.N. member states have failed to reach agreement on a new treaty to regulate the multibillion dollar global arms trade.

Some diplomats and treaty supporters blamed the United States for triggering the unraveling of the month-long negotiating conference.

USA! USA! USA!

jonhowe
07-28-2012, 07:18 AM
This is impossible.

That's what I read (here) too! Is MK Ultra all of a sudden inept?

That being said, glad to hear we got a brief respit from this.

Tod
07-28-2012, 07:52 AM

It is the only solution.

Dr.3D
07-28-2012, 08:46 AM
Maybe if we try hard enough, the UN will kick us out of it.

:D

Working Poor
07-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Well after the election it will come up again this snake's head has not be severed yet.

Chester Copperpot
07-28-2012, 10:14 AM
I support gun control. It's a matter of priorities.

!. Take all weapons away from all criminals. It's a matter of practicality and common sense.
2. Take all weapons away from all Police. It's a matter of principle and will avoid accidental killings of citizens and their pets.
3. Take all weapons away from the military. It's a matter of principle, and addresses the largest number of deaths by weapons.

If, and only if, all of the above are fully accomplished, the Constitution would have to be amended to allow for restrictions on arms for the average citizen.

And even then it wouldnt matter because I have a right to defend myself. Shred the Constitution for all I care.. Its a God-damned piece of paper right??

No piece of paper is taking away my inalienable rights.

Brian4Liberty
07-28-2012, 12:01 PM
And even then it wouldnt matter because I have a right to defend myself. Shred the Constitution for all I care.. Its a God-damned piece of paper right??

No piece of paper is taking away my inalienable rights.

Of course. I was just outlining a reasonable compromise. ;)

hazek
07-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Well after the election it will come up again this snake's head has not be severed yet.

Yes and be prepared for another false flag operation that will stage about 50 - 100 people getting shot and some killed, you know you got to first have one of those to pass any such laws or treaties.. :rolleyes:

phill4paul
07-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Yes and be prepared for another false flag operation that will stage about 50 - 100 people getting shot and some killed, you know you got to first have one of those to pass any such laws or treaties.. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: