PDA

View Full Version : Should we stop responding to any polls

terryp
11-17-2007, 07:21 PM
I do not vote in the online polls "as a rule", but after all of this flak should every one of RP's supporters purposely not vote?
Would it make our presence less conspicuous and maybe harder for them to
gauge?
We could let everyone that doesn't follow these forums closely vote, and we would know our own strength.
Our strength, as stated by one follower is "6% of the people vote in primaries
and we would chew our shackled legs off to go".

reaver
11-17-2007, 07:23 PM
I've stopped. It just gives people extra traffic and creates a vicious cycle of useless poll victories.

hopeforamerica
11-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Polls are a waste of time.

Pharoah
11-17-2007, 08:05 PM
So long as I know who is behind a poll and they are transparent about why they're doing it, I don't mind. It's the sneaky "pose as a Ron Paul supporter" pollsters that annoy me. Don't respond to any poll that refers you to youpolls.com

Adamsa
11-17-2007, 08:18 PM
I like the idea of a potential voter coming across the poll, not knowing who Ron Paul is and seeing him at the top - deciding to have a look at him.

Wyurm
11-17-2007, 08:20 PM
I pick and choose my polls. I only vote here and there once in a while.

me3
11-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Find two more Paul supporters, get them to register (R) and make sure they vote in the primary. Make sure they actually show up and vote.

You'll be way ahead of voting on any internet polls.

Visual
11-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Unless the results are for a TV show... I've been cutting back

theseus51
11-17-2007, 08:30 PM
I tend to vote if it's close, but if it's a blowout, no point. Huge blowouts make people question the legitimacy of a poll.

Menthol Patch
11-17-2007, 08:44 PM
The more we blow out polls the better!

It shows we are SERIOUS about supporting our candidate!

davidhperry
11-17-2007, 08:56 PM
I tend to vote if it's close, but if it's a blowout, no point. Huge blowouts make people question the legitimacy of a poll.

This is my opinion as well. We have a legitimate amount of support out there and when the polls are overwhelmed it makes people think we're just "hacking" them. I generally don't vote in them anymore.

Voice
11-17-2007, 09:05 PM
High showings in internet polls probably got us the original support, making Dr. Paul the top Internet candidate by far. The time for that is past. We now need to reach people who rely on other media, especially the dis-enchanted voters who don't even watch the news anymore.

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-18-2007, 04:50 AM
don't listen to the disinfoers here packing up on us.

continue to vote in the polls.

as others mentioned when non knowing people stumble across the poll and see his name at the top they will check into it.

Remember this place is so infested with disinfo it's not even funny.
and many of them have a thousand plus post because they actually get paid to post on here and derail us all day long.

Flirple
11-18-2007, 04:58 AM
I think we should take a poll on this.

freelance
11-18-2007, 05:20 AM
High showings in internet polls probably got us the original support, making Dr. Paul the top Internet candidate by far. The time for that is past. We now need to reach people who rely on other media, especially the dis-enchanted voters who don't even watch the news anymore.

I agree. They served their purpose well.

jrich4rpaul
11-18-2007, 06:41 AM
If we stop voting in polls, it'll be easy for Fox to say "Paul's support is dropping on the internet to match his real-life poll numbers. See? We've been telling the truth the whole time."

Keep voting. make it a habit so you'll vote in the elections :)

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-18-2007, 12:49 PM
yeah always vote.

so much damn disinfo on here it's unbelievable.

who pays them to come try and sabotages?
or are they doing it on their free time?

FreeTraveler
11-18-2007, 01:08 PM
I think we should take a poll on this.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jojo
11-18-2007, 01:37 PM
If we stop voting in polls, it'll be easy for Fox to say "Paul's support is dropping on the internet to match his real-life poll numbers. See? We've been telling the truth the whole time."

Excactly!

Don't vote in polls? What kind of logic is that?! Polls seem to matter quite a lot to the mainstream media. MSM has been using that "hardly registers in polls" as "proof" that he's not a legitimate candidate. By voting in online polls we show that he is and that our numbers are great.

By not voting in the online polls you're playing into MSM's hands. They question the legitimacy of the polls that he does win and your reaction to that is to not vote in them anymore??? They win.

This place is indeed infested by trolls.

Lord Xar
11-18-2007, 01:41 PM
I'd prefer people get out and promote in a real way and not just be internet warriors..

but if you have the time.. sure.. else please get out and do "real" promotion..

me3
11-18-2007, 01:41 PM
If you have registered Republican
and you have joined up to be a volunteer at the official campaign
and if you have watched the 2+ hours of grassroots training videos
and if you have contacted your local GOP
and looked into becoming a delegate
and talked to everyone you know to get them to donate, register and promise to get to the polls

then you should definitely vote on online polls.

But the election is not being held on the internet. The campaign needs delegates and confirmed voters to contact either the state HQ or national office.

Don't put the online campaign ahead of what it is going to take to win. Word of Mouth is important, but the primaries are close. What was important 3 months ago, may not be as important now.

And this isn't disinformation. It's about doing what it takes to actually win, not just what it takes to make some noise about Ron Paul.

me3
11-18-2007, 01:43 PM
I'd prefer people get out and promote in a real way and not just be internet warriors..

QFT and bolded.

To repeat, even if you won't get out of your house, email the campaign with your contact details, and tell them to add you to their voter database.

Jojo
11-18-2007, 01:49 PM

Of course. But we can and should do both, in my opinion. The online polls take about ten seconds of my time. Then I go out and Paulinate my town!