PDA

View Full Version : New 'Joker' Massacre Foiled By Maryland Cops

phill4paul
07-27-2012, 12:01 PM
One week after Colorado's movie theater shooting, Maryland cops arrested a heavily armed man who told his employer he was a "joker" who was going to "blow everybody up."

Police said today they believe they "thwarted a massacre."

The suspect, identified as Neil Edwin Prescott in a court document obtained by ABC News, was being dismissed from his job. He made threatening statements to his supervisor at least twice on Monday, police said.

Prescott allegedly had an arsenal of about 25 firearms at his residence, including semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and handguns, law enforcement sources said. Police also said he had thousands of rounds of ammunition.

He was quoted as telling his employer, "I am a joker, I'm going to load my guns and blow everybody up," police said.

"It is clear that the comments made by Prescott reference a recent mass murder which occurred in Colorado within the last several days in which the alleged shooter called himself the Joker, died [sic] his hair red and shot up a movie theater containing men, women and children and showing the 'The Dark Night Rises,'" according to the court document.

ABC News
Law enforcement officials address the media... View Full Size

Men Arrested in Separate 'Dark Knight' Incidents Watch Video

James Holmes' Notebook Reveals Shooting Plans? Watch Video

James Holmes' Notebook Discovered? Watch Video
"Prescott also stated that he would like to see the supervisor's brain splatter all over the sidewalk," the document said.

Prescott allegedly acknowledged to his employer that he should not be making these statements over the phone, saying, "It's kind of foolish of me to say this kind of things [sic] over government phone."

"In light of what happened a week ago in Aurora, Colorado, it's important to know that we take all threats seriously and if you're going to make a threat, we will take action," Prince George's County Chief Mark Magaw said at a news conference today.

When police arrived at Prescott's house on Thursday to speak to him, he was wearing a t-shirt with the writing, "Guns don't kill people, I do."

He was taken into custody based on an emergency petition for medical treatment, police said. Aurthorities said Prescott's demeanor was "very quiet" when he was taken into custody and that he was cooperative.

Law enforcement sources tell ABC News that he is from Crofton, Md.

The man was facing termination from his job with a company doing contract work for Pitney Bowes, a leading company in producing postage meters and machines.

The company released the following statement: "The suspect arrested is an employee of a subcontractor to Pitney Bowes. At Pitney Bowes we have clear security protocol and when we had concerns about this individual, we contacted authorities."

The Prince George Police Department declined to comment, but said they will be sharing more information at a 1 p.m. news conference.

On July 20, shooting suspect James Holmes allegedly opened fire in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater during a midnight showing of the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises." Twelve people were killed and 58 were wounded.

Holmes told police he was The Joker, a villain in the Batman movies, police said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/man-claiming-joker-threatens-blow/story?id=16869716#.UBLaLmFSSvA

brushfire
07-27-2012, 12:28 PM
"an arsenal of 25 firearms"... " Police also said he had thousands of rounds of ammunition." Oh boy... that's more than 1 for every finger and every toe.

Good job, ABC. You managed to find another freak to serve your agenda. Why not just sell a bunch of guns to known felons, and drug cartel members. The resulting killings should help you with your anti-gun agenda.

ghengis86
07-27-2012, 12:30 PM
" Why not just sell a bunch of guns to known felons, and drug cartel members. The resulting killings should help you with your anti-gun agenda.

I believe that was called Fast and Furious

brushfire
07-27-2012, 12:33 PM
I believe that was called Fast and Furious

Chicken Dinner...

PaulConventionWV
07-27-2012, 01:10 PM
This seems unbelievably scripted.

Indy Vidual
07-27-2012, 01:14 PM
This seems unbelievably scripted.

Yes, by a rather poor writer:
...he was wearing a t-shirt with the writing, "Guns don't kill people, I do."

Weston White
07-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Here is a t-shirt quote for your next gun grabbing article ABC News: “I don’t kill people, my own government does.”

Oh, please this is so utterly disgusting it is plainly obvious, even to the insanely inept.

Nirvikalpa
07-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Hmm. Fox News says differently:

Police said that when they took the man into custody, they found an "arsenal" of weapons inside his home. The Associated Press reports that a search of the suspect's home turned up more than 20 guns, including assault rifles and handguns, and more than 400 rounds of ammunition.
The man was about to get fired from his job at Pitney Bowes, a software and mailroom supplier in Prince George's County, authorities said. He was arrested at his home in Crofton, Md., Thursday night.

CONSPIRACY!!!

chudrockz
07-27-2012, 01:31 PM
"an arsenal of 25 firearms"... " Police also said he had thousands of rounds of ammunition." Oh boy... that's more than 1 for every finger and every toe.

Good job, ABC. You managed to find another freak to serve your agenda. Why not just sell a bunch of guns to known felons, and drug cartel members. The resulting killings should help you with your anti-gun agenda.

+rep! My wife and I have a similar "arsenal," better watch out for us!! :)

Anti Federalist
07-27-2012, 02:28 PM
"What we need right now is a clear message to the people of this country. This message must be read in every newspaper, heard on every radio, seen on every television. This message must resound throughout the entire Interlink! I want this country to realize that we stand on the edge of oblivion. I want every man, woman and child to understand how close we are to chaos. I want everyone to remember why they need us!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IPIHGNyczE

CaptainAmerica
07-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Listen to them kiss their own asses because they "foiled" a "terrorist". America has simply forgotten what the meaning of "innocent before proven guilty" and "suspect" mean. We are just suppose to believe these asshats who stand infront of podiums telling us what to believe as they kiss their own asses.

Sam I am
07-27-2012, 03:04 PM
i think it's a conspiracy by Marvel Studios to make the batman movies less popular.

silverhandorder
07-27-2012, 03:07 PM
You know it could easily be that people hate that guy and knew about his arsenal. So they reported him for making joker threats.

Bosco Warden
07-27-2012, 03:20 PM
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j338/Americasforum/487299_478181188860983_1180994907_n.jpg

shane77m
07-27-2012, 03:58 PM
"What we need right now is a clear message to the people of this country. This message must be read in every newspaper, heard on every radio, seen on every television. This message must resound throughout the entire Interlink! I want this country to realize that we stand on the edge of oblivion. I want every man, woman and child to understand how close we are to chaos. I want everyone to remember why they need us!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IPIHGNyczE

Sounds like our "news".