PDA

View Full Version : [URGENT] Democratic senators offer gun control amendment for cybersecurity bill.

phill4paul
07-27-2012, 07:23 AM
http://thehill.com/video/senate/240657-cybersecurity-bill-includes-gun-control-measure

Democratic senators have offered an amendment to the cybersecurity bill that would limit the purchase of high capacity gun magazines for some consumers.

Shortly after the Cybersecurity Act gained Senate approval to proceed to filing proposed amendments and a vote next week, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), a sponsor of the gun control amendment, came to the floor to defend the idea of implementing some “reasonable” gun control measures.

The amendment was sponsored by Democratic Sens. Frank Lautenberg (N.J.), Barbara Boxer (Calif.), Jack Reed (R.I.), Bob Menendez (N.J.), Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.), Schumer and Dianne Feinstein (Calif.). S.A. 2575 would make it illegal to transfer or possess large capacity feeding devices such as gun magazines, belts, feed stripes and drums of more than 10 rounds of ammunition with the exception of .22 caliber rim fire ammunition.
The amendment is identical to a separate bill sponsored by Lautenberg. Feinstein was the sponsor of the assault weapons ban, which expired in 2004.

Philhelm
07-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Meanwhile, the nobility will maintain well-armed men-at-arms.

HOLLYWOOD
07-27-2012, 08:24 AM
It will never fly...
...Dianne Feinstein (Calif.). S.A. 2575 would make it illegal to transfer or possess large capacity feeding devices such as gun magazines, belts, feed stripes and drums of more than 10 rounds of ammunition with the exception of .22 caliber rim fire ammunition.
http://www.tonyrogers.com/humor/feinstein/dftf2.jpg
http://www.tonyrogers.com/humor/feinstein/chuckie.jpg

youngbuck
07-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Yea, three of my favorite senators of all time: Boxer, Feinstein, Schumer, yeehaw!

AuH20
07-27-2012, 08:34 AM
Yea, three of my favorite senators of all time: Boxer, Feinstein, Schumer, yeehaw!

AIPAC lackeys as well. Horrible horrible trio.

Brian4Liberty
07-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Just the Democrats? Hell, Bill Kristol called for banning everything but revolvers and hunting rifles. Oh yeah, I forgot, neo-conservatives are Democrats.

brushfire
07-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Looks good to me - poisoin the poisonous bill with more f'n poison... GTFO - table it...

Acala
07-27-2012, 08:58 AM
Looks good to me - poisoin the poisonous bill with more f'n poison... GTFO - table it...

Agreed. Surest way to kill a bad bill is to make it worse - especially to the remaining supporters. Few Republicans, who might like the domestic control aspects, will dare vote for any gun control right now.

Pericles
07-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Meanwhile, the nobility will maintain well-armed men-at-arms.

You may depend upon it.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-27-2012, 09:25 AM
make it illegal to transfer or possess large capacity feeding devices such as gun magazines, belts, feed stripes and drums of more than 10 rounds of ammunition with the exception of .22 caliber rim fire ammunition.

I don't even own a magazine that small.

Pericles
07-27-2012, 09:36 AM
I don't even own a magazine that small.

I do for the 1911s and older Walthers that I have - but not for anything I'm bringing to a serious gunfight.

Cowlesy
07-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Unbelievable.

This is spreading like wildfire over the internet tubes.

Cowlesy
07-27-2012, 10:43 AM
bump

Cowlesy
07-27-2012, 10:53 AM
I am being told by someone on the Hill we need to call our Senators and urge them *NOT* to pass this bill and especially oppose this amendment.

There is a legitimate chance the amendment could stand.

AuH20
07-27-2012, 10:58 AM
I am being told by someone on the Hill we need to call our Senators and urge them *NOT* to pass this bill and especially oppose this amendment.

You're kidding??? right??? If this passes, Schumer and Co. better move to another country for their safety.

phill4paul
07-27-2012, 11:01 AM

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm/

seyferjm
07-27-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm shocked, shocked I yell ya' that Schumer and other libtartd cronies would be behind this!

Cowlesy
07-27-2012, 01:22 PM
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm/

Good link.

Bump

PaulConventionWV
07-27-2012, 01:33 PM
You're kidding??? right??? If this passes, Schumer and Co. better move to another country for their safety.

Or just stick to their guns, which they will be given an exception for.

donnay
07-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Dems Sneak Gun Control Amendment Into Cybersecurity Bill

Ramsey Cox
The Hill
July 27, 2012

Democratic senators have offered an amendment to the cybersecurity bill that would limit the purchase of high capacity gun magazines for some consumers.

Shortly after the Cybersecurity Act gained Senate approval to proceed to filing proposed amendments and a vote next week, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), a sponsor of the gun control amendment, came to the floor to defend the idea of implementing some “reasonable” gun control measures.

The amendment was sponsored by Democratic Sens. Frank Lautenberg (N.J.), Barbara Boxer (Calif.), Jack Reed (R.I.), Bob Menendez (N.J.), Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.), Schumer and Dianne Feinstein (Calif.). S.A. 2575 would make it illegal to transfer or possess large capacity feeding devices such as gun magazines, belts, feed stripes and drums of more than 10 rounds of ammunition with the exception of .22 caliber rim fire ammunition.

The amendment is identical to a separate bill sponsored by Lautenberg. Feinstein was the sponsor of the assault weapons ban, which expired in 2004.

Full story here (http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/240657-cybersecurity-bill-includes-gun-control-measure)

Noob
07-28-2012, 01:26 AM
The next amendment I am sure well be to ban internet sales of ammo.

Kluge
07-28-2012, 01:57 AM
Lautenberg again. Schumer again. Boxer again. Feinstein too.

Those jackasses have so many anti-freedom bills that it's ridiculous.

Noob
07-28-2012, 02:00 AM
Rand should add an amendment to repeal the 1927 law banning the mailing of concealable weapons.

James Madison
07-28-2012, 02:04 AM
*Doesn't apply to cops

Tiso0770
07-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Lautenberg again. Schumer again. Boxer again. Feinstein too.

Those jackasses have so many anti-freedom bills that it's ridiculous.

Yes and Harry Reid and Nancy P has a few unconstitutional bills as well...how does these people always get re elected anyways.

Reason
07-28-2012, 11:06 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/240657-cybersecurity-bill-includes-gun-control-measure

Noob
07-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Democrats offer bill to ban online ammunition sales following Colorado shooting

Democratic Sen. Frank Lautenberg on Monday continued his lead role in advancing gun control legislation in the wake of the Aurora, Colo. mass shooting by introducing a bill to ban the online sale of ammunition.
"If someone wants to purchase deadly ammunition, they should have to come face-to-face with the seller," Lautenberg stated in his announcement. "It's one thing to buy a pair of shoes online, but it should take more than a click of the mouse to amass thousands of rounds of ammunition."

"The Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act" asserts the following: ammunition will only be sold by licensed dealers; buyers who are not licensed dealers will be required to present photo identification; and licensed dealers must maintain records of ammunition sales and report to officials the sale of more than 1,000 rounds to an unlicensed person. Democratic Rep. Carolyn McCarthy of New York, whose husband was killed and son severely injured in the 1993 Long Island Rail Road mass shooting, has signed on to publicly support the bill.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/democrats-offer-bill-ban-online-ammo-sales-following-182636084.html?_esi=1