PDA

View Full Version : St. Peters trial begins for Paul activist accused of trespassing (Brent Stafford, MO)

sailingaway
07-26-2012, 09:27 PM
I almost didn't post this because it is infuriating if you know the truth and have seen the videos, but Brent deserves to have us all pulling for him.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/stltoday.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/89/8897a63e-caff-5f8e-a2b0-d2ce38d96dc4/4f84f9917d998.preview-620.jpg

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/st-peters-trial-begins-for-paul-activist-accused-of-trespassing/article_41524e3a-1dd5-533a-9d40-7cc32602b9f2.html

ClydeCoulter
07-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Damnit! How can a police officer be considered a police officer when hired by someone as security?

I'm so sick and tired of this crap, GARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

And, whose "SIDE" are they going to take, their paymasters or the people?

Origanalist
07-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Comments from the link;

If Brent Stafford can be said to have been guilty of anything on March 17, it was knowing the caucus rules far better than those who were in charge and insisting on following those rules even when the caucus's so-called leaders decided to pack up their toys and go home.

Reply · 19 ·

· Yesterday at 7:37am

Catherine Moody Dreher · Owner at Catie Beth

When you're told to "expect trouble" then chances are, you will go looking for it. I believe the central committee knew that what they were going to do was wrong and outside the scope of the rules they were given to run the caucus. There was no trouble at the second caucus when the MO GOP followed the rules for conducting a caucus. There has to be consistent rules and agreed upon parlimentary procedure (Robert's Rules of Order). Otherwise, you can expect chaos. The Central Committee created the chaos by creating and acting on their own rules that only they were privy to. Ron Paul AND Romney supporters protested because they knew the Central Committee was hijacking the caucus by applying their own rules and shutting out the voices of everyone else. Those in charge have admitted to creating their own rules and not understanding or bothering to learn the actual rules of a caucus.

Reply · 13 ·

· Yesterday at 9:19am

Tylor Messmer · Francis Howell North High School

good point catherine..if you don't beleive her, listen to it in Dokes own words on the Allman in the morning show .. youtube it.

Reply ·

· Yesterday at 8:46pm
William Phelps · Missouri Southern State University

How can one be charged with trespassing on a side walk? Or am I missing something? This case is nothing short of a joke.

Reply · 9 ·

· Yesterday at 7:57am

Mark Kane · Top Commenter · I.N.T.E.G. ( International Non-Destructive Testing and Education Group )

This is laughable.

Reply · 5 ·

· Yesterday at 12:13am

Ken Abate · Top Commenter · Saint Louis, Missouri

Hickey was one of two off-duty officers hired by caucus organizers for security. Because of loud disputes at the caucus over issues such as a rule barring videotaping, about 30 more officers were called to the scene before the gathering broke up without any delegates selected.

"The environment became such that we were afraid for everybody's safety," Hickey said.

Hickey said he was told in advance by caucus organizers "to expect problems from Ron Paul people and they turned out to be correct."

Sounds to me Hickey did what he was paid to do, go looking for trouble, what a sorry excuse of a cop.

Reply · 4 ·

· Yesterday at 1:53pm

Scott Koeneman · Saint Charles, Missouri

Bryan Spencer and Eugene Doakes RIGGED THE CAUCUS. Spencer was caught on hidden camera admitting to this! Don't take my word for it, look at the video for yourselves. Maybe this will tell you why there is contention between Doakes/Spencer, and the rest of us: http://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=v5R7mRxmAVg.

Reply · 3 ·

· 15 hours ago

If the link doesn't work, go to YouTube and search "st. charles caucus rigged", and it will come up.

Reply ·

· 15 hours ago
Brian Perry · Buying agent at Perry Auto Sales - MISSISSIPPI

Before the GOP's Eugene Dokes & Bryan Spencer broke all rules by denying the votes to be counted, before the caucus go'ers were surrounded by over 30 cops and while the crowd was calmly & patiently waiting for the caucus to resume, this "hired", lying a$$ cop says: "The environment became such that we were afraid for everybody's safety".... yeah right. What a waste of taxpayer money that day to have so many cops & a helicopter brought in to suppress the voice of the people at our county caucus.

Reply · 2 ·

· 16 hours ago

Heather Elizabeth · Saint Louis, Missouri

How do I view the actual article? This is taking me to the comment section

Reply ·

· 16 hours ago

try this link....
http://www.stltoday.com/​article_41524e3a-1dd5-533a-​9d40-7cc32602b9f2.html?fb_​action_ids=4054150844689&f​b_source=timeline_og&actio​n_object_map=%7B%224054150​844689%22%3A10151 053372318​960%7D&action_type_map=%7B​%224054150844689%22%3A%22o​g.r ecommends%22%7D&action_​ref_map=[]

Reply ·

· 16 hours ago

ALSO:
Bryan Spencer and Eugene Doakes RIGGED THE CAUCUS. Spencer was caught on hidden camera admitting to this! Don't take my word for it, look at the video for yourselves. Maybe this will tell you why there is contention between Doakes/Spencer, and the rest of us:
http://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=v5R7mRxmAVg

Reply ·

· 15 hours ago

Joe Prichard · Top Commenter · Southeast Missouri State University

Ron Paul, god that he is, will not be on the ballot. Gary Johnson will. But, by all means, let's have nothing but Ron Paul articles regarding libertarians.

Reply · 2 ·

· Yesterday at 9:00am

Lesley Slakes Teitge Peter · Vice President at The Bank of Bad Habits

I assume you have been wrong before and you are wrong now. Ron Paul will be on the ballot ... check out the facts not the Media's made up hokum!

Reply · 3 ·

· Yesterday at 12:41pm

Will the republicans nominate him, or will Gary Johnson step down and have him take the libertatian nomination. Or other?

Reply ·

· Yesterday at 4:12pm

He has enough states to be nominated at the GOP convention and the GOP says he will be on the ballot. News on this is scant ... but check Ben Swann ... he is reliable and says it is true as well as other news outlets. It is a victory of sorts in my book. Nothing to do with Mr. Johnson.

Reply · 1 ·

· Yesterday at 4:54pm

View 3 more.
Buddy Hardin · President at MMCS INC.

The Police were acting on false information provided to them by Dokes, et al. There was no danger. And the GOP Central Committee had no right to assert trespassing after adjournment of the meeting. Their claim to the premises was over. According to past precedents, attendees had the free right to reorganize the caucus due to the chair not receiving a majority of votes for adjournment. On a voice vote, the chair declared they had the votes, but then refused a call for "division" the accepted way to verify any vote in a Caucus. So, there can be no trespassing, because the complainant had no standing. He had virtually abandoned the Chair. The Caucus belongs to the people, not to the Central Committee.

Reply · 1 ·

· Yesterday at 4:13pm

Dot O'Hara-Pinkham

Yes, two Paul supporters were arrested falsely, but lets not forget, Dokes , Spencer et al. disenfranchised BOTH Romney & Paul supporters who were equally outraged at the caucus. Where are the supportive comments from the injured Romney supporters?

Reply · 1 ·

· 14 hours ago

Go to YouTube and search "st. charles caucus rigged", if the following link doesn't work: http://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=v5R7mRxmAVg.

Reply · 1 ·

· 14 hours ago

The Real Skid 129

How long can America stand, if those in charge continue to re-write the rules in order to suppress the will of the people?

Reply ·

· 14 hours ago

Judy Parker · Top Commenter · Office Assistant at Star Furniture

Crap like this is the reason Paul supporters will not vote for the GOPS puppet. That and the fact he's a flip flopping crook.

Reply ·

· Yesterday at 8:02pm

ohn Brackmann · Washington Universty

No, it's not laughable! It is another tragic account of people in today's society refusing to be respectful of those with whom they disagree.

Reply ·

· Yesterday at 5:22am

Justin Edward Vincent Strohm · Washington University in Saint Louis

I wholeheartedly agree, Eugene Dokes should be ashamed of the way he tried to disenfranchise the Paul supporters at the first caucus.

Reply · 14 ·

· Yesterday at 7:59am
Mike Urban · Top Commenter

What a waste of time and money (stolen money mind you).

Reply ·

· about an hour ago

Romney Pres Trump Vp · Top Commenter · Works at IBEW

Makes SEIU members look like girl scouts.

Reply ·

· 11 hours ago

Laurie Seekins-Shuck · Top Commenter

Ron Paul or BUST!

Reply ·

· Yesterday at 2:36pm

I second that!

Reply ·

· Yesterday at 8:50pm

David Roland · Director of Litigation at Freedom Center of Missouri

If Brent Stafford can be said to have been guilty of anything on March 17, it was knowing the caucus rules far better than those who were in charge and insisting on following those rules even when the caucus's so-called leaders decided to pack up their toys and go home.

Reply · 19 ·

· Yesterday at 7:37am

Catherine Moody Dreher · Owner at Catie Beth

When you're told to "expect trouble" then chances are, you will go looking for it. I believe the central committee knew that what they were going to do was wrong and outside the scope of the rules they were given to run the caucus. There was no trouble at the second caucus when the MO GOP followed the rules for conducting a caucus. There has to be consistent rules and agreed upon parlimentary procedure (Robert's Rules of Order). Otherwise, you can expect chaos. The Central Committee created the chaos by creating and acting on their own rules that only they were privy to. Ron Paul AND Romney supporters protested because they knew the Central Committee was hijacking the caucus by applying their own rules and shutting out the voices of everyone else. Those in charge have admitted to creating their own rules and not understanding or bothering to learn the actual rules of a caucus.

Reply · 13 ·

· Yesterday at 9:19am

good point catherine..if you don't beleive her, listen to it in Dokes own words on the Allman in the morning show .. youtube it.

Reply ·

· Yesterday at 8:46pm
William Phelps · Missouri Southern State University

How can one be charged with trespassing on a side walk? Or am I missing something? This case is nothing short of a joke.

Reply · 9 ·

· Yesterday at 7:57am

Mark Kane · Top Commenter · I.N.T.E.G. ( International Non-Destructive Testing and Education Group )

This is laughable.

Reply · 5 ·

· Yesterday at 12:13am

Ken Abate · Top Commenter · Saint Louis, Missouri

Hickey was one of two off-duty officers hired by caucus organizers for security. Because of loud disputes at the caucus over issues such as a rule barring videotaping, about 30 more officers were called to the scene before the gathering broke up without any delegates selected.

"The environment became such that we were afraid for everybody's safety," Hickey said.

Hickey said he was told in advance by caucus organizers "to expect problems from Ron Paul people and they turned out to be correct."

Sounds to me Hickey did what he was paid to do, go looking for trouble, what a sorry excuse of a cop.

Reply · 4 ·

· Yesterday at 1:53pm

Bryan Spencer and Eugene Doakes RIGGED THE CAUCUS. Spencer was caught on hidden camera admitting to this! Don't take my word for it, look at the video for yourselves. Maybe this will tell you why there is contention between Doakes/Spencer, and the rest of us: http://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=v5R7mRxmAVg.

Reply · 3 ·

· 15 hours ago

If the link doesn't work, go to YouTube and search "st. charles caucus rigged", and it will come up.

Reply ·

· 15 hours ago

Before the GOP's Eugene Dokes & Bryan Spencer broke all rules by denying the votes to be counted, before the caucus go'ers were surrounded by over 30 cops and while the crowd was calmly & patiently waiting for the caucus to resume, this "hired", lying a$$ cop says: "The environment became such that we were afraid for everybody's safety".... yeah right. What a waste of taxpayer money that day to have so many cops & a helicopter brought in to suppress the voice of the people at our county caucus.

Reply · 2 ·

· 16 hours ago

Heather Elizabeth · Saint Louis, Missouri

How do I view the actual article? This is taking me to the comment section

Reply ·

· 16 hours ago

try this link....
http://www.stltoday.com/​article_41524e3a-1dd5-533a-​9d40-7cc32602b9f2.html?fb_​action_ids=4054150844689&f​b_source=timeline_og&actio​n_object_map=%7B%224054150​844689%22%3A10151 053372318​960%7D&action_type_map=%7B​%224054150844689%22%3A%22o​g.r ecommends%22%7D&action_​ref_map=[]

Reply ·

· 16 hours ago

ALSO:
Bryan Spencer and Eugene Doakes RIGGED THE CAUCUS. Spencer was caught on hidden camera admitting to this! Don't take my word for it, look at the video for yourselves. Maybe this will tell you why there is contention between Doakes/Spencer, and the rest of us:
http://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=v5R7mRxmAVg

Reply ·

· 15 hours ago

Ron Paul, god that he is, will not be on the ballot. Gary Johnson will. But, by all means, let's have nothing but Ron Paul articles regarding libertarians.

Reply · 2 ·

· Yesterday at 9:00am

I assume you have been wrong before and you are wrong now. Ron Paul will be on the ballot ... check out the facts not the Media's made up hokum!

Reply · 3 ·

· Yesterday at 12:41pm

Will the republicans nominate him, or will Gary Johnson step down and have him take the libertatian nomination. Or other?

Reply ·

· Yesterday at 4:12pm

He has enough states to be nominated at the GOP convention and the GOP says he will be on the ballot. News on this is scant ... but check Ben Swann ... he is reliable and says it is true as well as other news outlets. It is a victory of sorts in my book. Nothing to do with Mr. Johnson.

Reply · 1 ·

· Yesterday at 4:54pm

View 3 more.

Buddy Hardin · President at MMCS INC.

The Police were acting on false information provided to them by Dokes, et al. There was no danger. And the GOP Central Committee had no right to assert trespassing after adjournment of the meeting. Their claim to the premises was over. According to past precedents, attendees had the free right to reorganize the caucus due to the chair not receiving a majority of votes for adjournment. On a voice vote, the chair declared they had the votes, but then refused a call for "division" the accepted way to verify any vote in a Caucus. So, there can be no trespassing, because the complainant had no standing. He had virtually abandoned the Chair. The Caucus belongs to the people, not to the Central Committee.

Reply · 1 ·

· Yesterday at 4:13pm

Dot O'Hara-Pinkham

Yes, two Paul supporters were arrested falsely, but lets not forget, Dokes , Spencer et al. disenfranchised BOTH Romney & Paul supporters who were equally outraged at the caucus. Where are the supportive comments from the injured Romney supporters?

Reply · 1 ·

· 14 hours ago

Go to YouTube and search "st. charles caucus rigged", if the following link doesn't work: http://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=v5R7mRxmAVg.

Reply · 1 ·

· 14 hours agoThe Real Skid 129

How long can America stand, if those in charge continue to re-write the rules in order to suppress the will of the people?

Reply ·

· 14 hours ago

Judy Parker · Top Commenter · Office Assistant at Star Furniture

Crap like this is the reason Paul supporters will not vote for the GOPS puppet. That and the fact he's a flip flopping crook.

Reply ·

· Yesterday at 8:02pm

John Brackmann · Washington Universty

No, it's not laughable! It is another tragic account of people in today's society refusing to be respectful of those with whom they disagree.

Reply ·

· Yesterday at 5:22am

Justin Edward Vincent Strohm · Washington University in Saint Louis

I wholeheartedly agree, Eugene Dokes should be ashamed of the way he tried to disenfranchise the Paul supporters at the first caucus.

Reply · 14 ·

· Yesterday at 7:59am

Mike Urban · Top Commenter

What a waste of time and money (stolen money mind you).

Reply ·

· about an hour ago

Romney Pres Trump Vp · Top Commenter · Works at IBEW

Makes SEIU members look like girl scouts.

Reply ·

· 11 hours ago

Laurie Seekins-Shuck · Top Commenter

Ron Paul or BUST!
Reply ·

· Yesterday at 2:36pm

I second that!
Reply ·

· Yesterday at 8:50pm

--------------------------

Wow! That post went on forever!

Valli6
07-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Aren't they using any of the video evidence at the trial?
And what about the "pushing match" outside? Didn't anyone get that on video so police and the city prosecuter can clear up the discrepancy over "who pushed first"?

Brian4Liberty
07-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Wow! That post went on forever!

Deleting blank space when posting is encouraged. ;)

sailingaway
07-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Deleting blank space when posting is encouraged. ;)

+rep

DonovanJames
07-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Brent came down to Springfield for our State Convention and I spoke with him in a closed meeting. While among the mostly beer oriented conversation, he mentioned his trial and the charges that were still being filed. He said that he was given a plea bargain from the beginning that would drop the charge to a littering offense which is a $50 ticket and you're done.

He said no. He is raising his boys in the Scouts and was a volunteer Scoutmaster. He championed unto them the importance of conservation and keeping Missouri land and waterways free of trash and footprints. He confessed that the biggest tragedy that could outcome from this trial, for him, was not about curtailing the Freedom of Assembly, but to lose face infront of his children over the morality in which he raised them.

It wasn't said on a soapbox and was just in general conversation, but I gained a lot of respect for him after that and have been supporting his fight in this trial. It's too bad we didn't have the numbers at the Convention to hoist him into the chairman position; I'm sure he would of done a great job.

sailingaway
07-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Brent came down to Springfield for our State Convention and I spoke with him in a closed meeting. While among the mostly beer oriented conversation, he mentioned his trial and the charges that were still being filed. He said that he was given a plea bargain from the beginning that would drop the charge to a littering offense which is a $50 ticket and you're done.

He said no. He is raising his boys in the Scouts and was a volunteer Scoutmaster. He championed unto them the importance of conservation and keeping Missouri land and waterways free of trash and footprints. He confessed that the biggest tragedy that could outcome from this trial, for him, was not about curtailing the Freedom of Assembly, but to lose face infront of his children over the morality in which he raised them.

It wasn't said on a soapbox and was just in general conversation, but I gained a lot of respect for him after that and have been supporting his fight in this trial. It's too bad we didn't have the numbers at the Convention to hoist him into the chairman position; I'm sure he would of done a great job.

Good for Brent.

I'm sorry he wasn't able to be chair of state, as well. That would have been epic.

His attorneys had better refer to security as security, not as 'the police', imho.

trey4sports
07-27-2012, 05:53 PM
sure hope this goes the right way.

freedomordeath
07-28-2012, 03:12 AM
I know I'm jumping the gun here, but if he wins his case, can't he sue them as a civil matter, not saying do this for the money, but out of principle to make sure the police are wary of doing this kinda thing again.

Barrex
07-28-2012, 08:22 AM
LibertyEagle HATES ME :(

P.s.

Doesnt have sence of humor.

P.p.s.
You mean you want me to delete this one by originalist:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?384474-St.-Peters-trial-begins-for-Paul-activist-accused-of-trespassing-(Brent-Stafford-MO)&p=4554426&viewfull=1#post4554426
(http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?384474-St.-Peters-trial-begins-for-Paul-activist-accused-of-trespassing-(Brent-Stafford-MO)&p=4554426&viewfull=1#post4554426)
?

Barrex
07-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Congratulations I broke "quote button"....

When will we receive update about this?

P.s.

Sailingaway made good observation: they were private security.

CaptainAmerica
07-28-2012, 09:09 AM
this is the man that was pushed to the floor correct and his hip was put out of place?

Tinnuhana
07-28-2012, 09:18 AM
No, that was in Louisiana, if I remember correctly. I think Brent was arrested in the parking lot while running the rump convention after the first one closed down to prevent the selection of Ron Paul delegates. Romney people came on board since it seemed Santorum people were railroading the caucus. Of course, my memory is prone to information drift.

ClydeCoulter
07-28-2012, 09:19 AM
this is the man that was pushed to the floor correct and his hip was put out of place?

No, Brent Stafford of St Charles, MO. (You're thinking of Louisiana, I think).
edit: Yes, Tinnuhana ^^ is on target (not sure if it was Rom or Sant people we were working with).

LibertyEagle
07-28-2012, 10:08 AM

What the hell? Because I sent you a PM and nicely asked you to remove some of the blank spaces from your post???? Which you refused to do, by the way.

No, I don't hate you, but now you've really irritated me by lying.

What game are you trying to play?

Origanalist
07-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty

Deleting blank space when posting is encouraged.

+rep

Done.:o That's the last time I pull that one. :eek:

ClydeCoulter
07-28-2012, 10:45 AM
What the hell? Because I sent you a PM and nicely asked you to remove some of the blank spaces from your post???? Which you refused to do, by the way.

No, I don't hate you, but now you've really irritated me by lying.

What game are you trying to play?

HUH? Wasn't it Origanalist's post?

Barrex has a dry sense of humor, which I often enjoy and ROFL at his bumps :)

ClydeCoulter
07-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Congratulations I broke "quote button"....

When will we receive update about this?

P.s.

Sailingaway made good observation: they were private security.

Yes, but they want to "flip" back to being "police" as soon as they want to abuse that authority.

Origanalist
07-28-2012, 10:51 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?384474-St.-Peters-trial-begins-for-Paul-activist-accused-of-trespassing-(Brent-Stafford-MO)&p=4554426&viewfull=1#post4554426
(http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?384474-St.-Peters-trial-begins-for-Paul-activist-accused-of-trespassing-(Brent-Stafford-MO)&p=4554426&viewfull=1#post4554426)
?

I wouldn't blame you for that. What a mess that turned out to be. :o

LibertyEagle
07-28-2012, 01:07 PM
HUH? Wasn't it Origanalist's post?

Barrex has a dry sense of humor, which I often enjoy and ROFL at his bumps :)

Yes, yes, it was. Apparently I forgot the poster by the time I got to the end of his post. Which took FOREVER.

LibertyEagle
07-28-2012, 01:11 PM

P.s.

Doesnt have sence of humor.
Where is the humor in you posting in bold on the board that I hate you? I fail to see it.

P.p.s.
?

No, of course not. However, it might have been helpful to just tell me that I had goofed; that it wasn't your post. Instead of this:

Ah come on it is a joke... and I think it is funny in an annoying kind a way...... I promise I wont do it again.

http://www.zingerbug.com/Comments/glitter_graphics/corporate_made_me_do_it.gif

:rolleyes: