PDA

View Full Version : Obama's "money bomb" turns out to be embarrasing dud

Pete Kay
11-17-2007, 06:51 PM
"If a bunch of crazy people can raise $5 million in a day for Ron Paul Matrix rEVOLutions Ayn Rand '08, we should be able to do the same for Obama"

Asked whether he was inspired by Texas congressman and Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul's supporters, who recently raised $4.2 million in 24 hours, Macchaiah said: "Not really -- I think Ron Paul's people are inspired by what we're doing online."

Oh wow, remember those words? Supporters of Obama thought what we did on the 5th would be pretty easy to replicate. They were wrong. What we have is a movement, not just a candidate. What they don't understand is: It's all about the message.

Barack tried:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/group/BaracksFridayNovthe16th

And raised a whopping 24 hour sum of...$4640! He even has a thermometer on his site, copying Ron Paul. I'm not trying to gloat here, but if his supporters are going to talk crap about us, then they need to put their money where their mouths are.

Oh and that meter was originally at 5 million, they dropped it down to a million to lessen the blow of shame.

VoteRonPaul2008
11-17-2007, 06:52 PM
LOL i love it.. I cannot stand Obama after he voted for the Patriot Act and said he can't bring home troops by 2013.. he's such a fake..

DrNoZone
11-17-2007, 06:53 PM
hahahahahaha! I knew it wouldn't amount to much. That's because Barack doesn't REALLY have a grass roots support like Paul does!

Zydeco
11-17-2007, 06:54 PM
hahahahahaha! I knew it wouldn't amount to much. That's because Barack doesn't REALLY have a grass roots support like Paul does!

His wife Michelle is a freakin' CFR member. This guy is more of the same.

curtisag
11-17-2007, 06:55 PM
OMG, it's going to take all of my strength and re-reading WWRPD over and over to stop myself from gloating over this. I love it!!! :)

DRV45N05
11-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Muhahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Buzz
11-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Only 3 orders of magnitude short of beating us. Not bad. :D

jkaufmann
11-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Sorry guys. feel bad for him. Would anyone mind if I donated a buck and listed my ocupation as professional Ron Paul Grassrooter?

quickmike
11-17-2007, 07:04 PM
I guess it just goes to show where he REALLY gets his money. Same could be said for Hillary and the other "top tier" candidates.

Now if we could only convince the military industrial complex and the big pharmacutical companies to give to Ron Paul on Dec 16th, we would REALLY be in good shape.:D

Pete Kay
11-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Sorry guys. feel bad for him. Would anyone mind if I donated a buck and listed my ocupation as professional Ron Paul Grassrooter?

That would be awesome! You should call yourself a compassionate Ron Paul Grassrooter. ;)

Ethek
Hmm, I think people love to swoon over how smooth talking he is. Getting down to the nitty gritty he pulled an average donation of $65.5 from 71 people.

Daswiz
Yup, none of the "top-tier" candidates could pull off what Ron did on November 5th. The bulk of their donations come from private corporations, not the actual supporters or voters.

davidkachel
11-17-2007, 07:07 PM
$4640... does that even rise to the level of money ladyfinger?
They just don't get it.
They think that roar they hear in the distance is the ocean.

AdoubleR
11-17-2007, 07:08 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I am a black man who doesn't support Obama! Policies and not Complexion are how I make my decisions...

RP08!

Pete Kay
11-17-2007, 07:09 PM
They just don't get it.

Hahaha! Perfect!

curtisag
11-17-2007, 07:12 PM
They just don't get it.

Thread over, you win! :)

speciallyblend
11-17-2007, 07:54 PM
isnt their a mitt bomb happening soon to? any word? obama sure bombed;)

Arkris
11-17-2007, 08:05 PM
The funniest part is, today, alone the good Doctor raised $18,700+, and it's just a normal day.

Kind of puts Obamas money bomb of $4,640 into perspective.

bc2208
11-17-2007, 08:08 PM
hysterical...

Pharoah
11-17-2007, 08:11 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm starting to believe there is no grassroots support for the "frontrunners" - only big corporate money creating the illusion of populism. Now if only the MSM would report on that!

Wyurm
11-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Obama is one of my two Senators. I still fail to understand exactly what Obama stands for. I do know he does not believe illegal aliens should be illegal, I know that. I don't know anything else, and its not for lack of trying to find out. He's made an art out of being terribly vague. I'm not dissing him, because I really haven't got any idea what his specific platform is. I really do wonder how many supporters of other candidates could accurately identify what their candidate believes and wants to accomplish as POTUS.

Pete Kay
11-17-2007, 08:12 PM
isnt their a mitt bomb happening soon to? any word? obama sure bombed;)

Yeah, Mitt has a "money bomb" planned on Dec. 7 to commemorate Pearl Harbor. Why did he pick that date? Maybe as symbolic gesture to show that he loves war?

And Fred Thompson has one planned too for November 21st!

http://www.fredsgivingday.com

So far he has 65 pledges. Good luck Fred.

TheEvilDetector
11-17-2007, 08:14 PM
The funniest part is, today, alone the good Doctor raised $18,700+, and it's just a normal day.

That's actually a bit of a low day, although this makes sense because alot of people are saving up for the moneybomb on the 16th.

Adamsa
11-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Obama really shot himself in the foot with that immigrant question at the debate. He did exactly what he shouted at Hillary for two weeks before. That and the crowd was stacked with Hillary lovers.

Thom1776
11-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Fred might actually break five digits!

TruckinMike
11-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Now now..Lets not gloat. We need to encourage them to try money bombs. Not humiliate them. Once they have all made their pathetic attempts, we can compare our grass roots efforts to all of the others...combined. It would be a good news story for Cafferty.:D

TruckinMike

davidkachel
11-17-2007, 08:24 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm starting to believe there is no grassroots support for the "frontrunners" - only big corporate money creating the illusion of populism. Now if only the MSM would report on that!

I think your hypothesis has already been proven. What did one New Hampshire commentator say the other day...? Something like, 'driving around New Hampshire you get the impression there is one ridiculously successful real estate agent in New Hampshire named Ron Paul.'

Considering all the efforts of the RP campaign so far, confirmed by the fact others are already trying to emulate the money bomb (I want to be a fly on the wall when they see the thermonuclear device we set off on Dec 16th!), if they had it (grassroots), they would be using it. They are not using it so they do not have it. There is no grass roots campaign for anyone but Ron Paul!!!

All we have to do is keep doing what we've been doing and growing at the same rate and victory is ours.

Pete Kay
11-17-2007, 08:32 PM

I didn't even think about that fact. Ron Paul raises money every single day. How is it even possible that Obama can barely raise any money on a "money bomb" day. This means that Obama and other campaigns must have days where they raise zero dollars. This really does say a lot about where the money is coming from.

ronpaulfan
11-17-2007, 08:39 PM
I didn't even think about that fact. Ron Paul raises money every single day. How is it even possible that Obama can barely raise any money on a "money bomb" day. This means that Obama and other campaigns must have days where they raise zero dollars. This really does say a lot about where the money is coming from.

We live in Nazi Germany. The MSM just hasn't told us yet.

Tidewise
11-17-2007, 08:39 PM
While I laugh at this pathetic attempt to replicate our dollar-backed enthusiasm, I would note that Obama has raised over $80 million. That's ten times more than RP has. We have no time to gloat (although I admit is is fun).

hawkeyenick
11-17-2007, 08:42 PM
While I laugh at this pathetic attempt to replicate our dollar-backed enthusiasm, I would note that Obama has raised over $80 million. That's ten times more than RP has. We have no time to gloat (although I admit is is fun).

Most of it in the first quarter, the special interests maxed out early

That's good news for us, as they are almost out of money, and ours is coming in faster and faster

Pete Kay
11-17-2007, 08:53 PM

Uh, but where is his money coming from? Supposedly, Obama has massive grassroots support, but he can't get more than 71 people to donate to him on a single day, let alone a special fundraising day that is listed on his own website? You would think a candidate that has raised $80 million would have money pouring in daily, but he doesn't. It really shows a lack of enthusiam for his campaign.

Sematary
11-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Did someone contact the media? :D

voytechs
11-17-2007, 09:03 PM

Brilliant!

weatherbill
11-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Boooowah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.......oh wait!.......

Boooo wah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .........LOL

Obama ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Delain
11-17-2007, 09:11 PM
They just don't get it.

lol

Got to remember that one! :)

O and here's a picture of "the mother-of-all fundraising challenge" (their own words)

The Good Doctor
11-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Ha ha. I can't wait until the 15th and 16th. I mean 11/5/07 will pale in comaprison to the Tea Party. Man it is going to be awesome! :D

Yeah, Mitt has a "money bomb" planned on Dec. 7 to commemorate Pearl Harbor. Why did he pick that date? Maybe as symbolic gesture to show that he loves war?

And Fred Thompson has one planned too for November 21st!

http://www.fredsgivingday.com

So far he has 65 pledges. Good luck Fred.

JohnCrabtree
11-18-2007, 08:28 AM
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/donordemCID.asp?id=N00009638&cycle=2008

looks like the vast majority of his donations come from maxed out donors.
"bundling" is a sport among these professional politicians.

Conza88
11-18-2007, 11:17 AM
OMG, it's going to take all of my strength and re-reading WWRPD over and over to stop myself from gloating over this. I love it!!! :)

LOL gold.!;)

EvilTwinkie
11-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Lol freds 'Party Popper of spare change' is 3 days away and hes at 66 pledges. Its so cute how clueless they are.