PDA

View Full Version : HuffPo blogger Paul Abrams predicts Romney will withdraw before convention

rp08orbust
07-26-2012, 08:04 PM
I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet (if it has, sorry):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-abrams/prediction-romney-will-no_b_1684234.html

FSP-Rebel
07-26-2012, 08:09 PM
interesting take, we need to get Ron that VP spot

Dublin4Paul
07-26-2012, 08:12 PM
That would be amazing, but I'm not holding my breath. If he were an average guy, he would be in huge trouble over his finances, sure, but those in high places like him don't have to worry about consequences for anything I'm afraid. The media narrative as a whole, even on MSDNC, is to immediately staunchly defend him from doing anything illegal, 'cause it's Mitt Romney, how could someone of his stature do something against the law?

MelissaCato
07-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Ron Paul 2012 !!

sailingaway
07-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Ron Paul 2012 !!

this^^

rp08orbust
07-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Romney needs to be hounded with questions about whether he participated in the IRS's amnesty program.

Frankly, if we must have Obamney for president, I think it would be awesome to have a known tax evader. What better way is there to publicly undermine unjust laws than to have a president who broke them?

LibertyEagle
07-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Romney needs to be hounded with questions about whether he participated in the IRS's amnesty program.

Frankly, if we must have Obamney for president, I think it would be awesome to have a known tax evader. What better way is there to publicly undermine unjust laws than to have a president who broke them?

Maybe, I guess. But, they are all over Congress and Obama's cabinet and I haven't noticed it doing much good.

rp08orbust
07-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Where was this guy's insight before the New Hampshire primary, I wonder?

sailingaway
07-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Where was this guy's insight before the New Hampshire primary, I wonder?
I think he was just speculating, in the beginning when Romney's tax returns became a big deal, then started to look into whether it fit. I guess he believes it does.

Suzu
07-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Well thank goodness Ron Paul's campaign still has plenty of cash on hand!

Indy Vidual
07-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Dr. Ron vs Jeb at the convention?
Wow, we need to win this...

MJU1983
07-26-2012, 10:37 PM

Coke heads and pot heads have been/are President. Guess what? They still lock non-violent non-criminals in federal rape cages.

AJ Antimony
07-26-2012, 10:45 PM
LOL and Republicans overwhelmingly voted for this guy

ClydeCoulter
07-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Could Dali paint this?

hammy
07-26-2012, 11:10 PM
This doesn't seem legit at all. I'm all for high spirits, but let's be realistic here. Working towards a Federal Reserve audit is the most important thing we can do at this moment.

rockandrollsouls
07-27-2012, 08:58 AM
Would be wonderful if this was the case, but I just see republicans sweeping it under the rug.

If we really wanted it to go the former direction, we could start sending the information to major democrats or liberal leaning programs. They may pick up on it, which is what would be needed for this to come to fruition, but I wouldn't put our odds so high for that. May be worth the try, though.

Sam I am
07-27-2012, 09:03 AM
ITT: People take random blogger seriously

sailingaway
07-27-2012, 09:04 AM
ITT: People take random blogger seriously

Huff Po is MSM as blogs go, however. So we aren't the only ones reading this article.

angelatc
07-27-2012, 09:16 AM
I think he was just speculating, in the beginning when Romney's tax returns became a big deal, then started to look into whether it fit. I guess he believes it does.

Romney's tax returns are only a big deal to the liberals. Nobody with a lick of sense cares about Mitt's taxes.

sailingaway
07-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Romney's tax returns are only a big deal to the liberals. Nobody with a lick of sense cares about Mitt's taxes.

I don't care myself, UNLESS it means, as this blogger suggests, that he took a major amnesty, disqualifying him from running.

It sounds like the kind of thing that even if it does exist, TPTB wouldn't let out until it is too late, but since a black swan event is the only thing that would possibly get Ron the nomination, I'm friendly audience to discussions of black swan events by media.

Elwar
07-27-2012, 09:36 AM
So, this IRS amnesty thing was a legal thing to do right?

Just as if he had used a legal tax loophole while doing his taxes.

What illegal thing did he do?

sailingaway
07-27-2012, 09:49 AM
So, this IRS amnesty thing was a legal thing to do right?

Just as if he had used a legal tax loophole while doing his taxes.

What illegal thing did he do?

Amnesty implies that he was doing something illegal to begin with and 'fixed it' during a period when penalties were suspended if you fixed it. So the original acts are what you would want to look at, that he was getting amnesty FOR. But in this case the blogger suggests that just having a major amnesty (presumably in dollar amount) would disqualify him. Not precisely sure where he is coming from on that, but I'm open to it....

Liberty74
07-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Romney is not going to drop out.

Stop with this nonsense.

jbauer
07-27-2012, 10:41 AM
The truley funny thing here is the GOP could have run a monkey against obama and won. Romney on the other hand isn't going to get it done.

Toxic
07-27-2012, 10:46 AM
I brought up a similar theory (fantasy) a while ago. What would be great about Romney dropping out is that team Obama has already spent so much time and money on going after Romney, that they'll have to start all over with Paul. Meanwhile, plenty of work has already been done attacking Obama. If Romney has baggage that will eventually sink him, it would be in the GOP's best interest to let him go and totally blindside Obama by making Paul the nominee.

airborne373
07-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Why? Did Romney start illegal wars and kill women and children? No? Then why do you believe Romney will step down because of some financial issues? Really? In a world where trillions are stolen and U.S. Citizens are targeted for assassination you think Romney will step down over what exactly?

Am I living in the same world as everyone else?

thatpeculiarcat
07-27-2012, 01:34 PM

Stop with this nonsense.

This

affa
07-27-2012, 02:53 PM
you know what will absolutely GUARANTEE Romney doesn't drop out, or get forced out? If every time there is a possible reason it may happen, people just go 'it'll never happen' and look the other way. In your sad pursuit to sound 'rational', all you naysayers do is create a really crappy self-fulfilling prophesy. Oh, and insult those that do pursue alternate methods while you're at it. Can't forget that.

bbwarfield
07-27-2012, 03:01 PM
When you do something during an amnesty period it assumes breaking the law prior to this point and are correcting it during the suspension. It is similar to the logic that you must accept guilt to accept a pardon..... Richard Nixon was never found guilty of water gate... he accepted a pardon..... but you cannot accept a pardon unless you admit you did the crime and that it was a crime.....

hence the amnesty argument grows from the old pardon argument.... if you find out what he took the amnesty for you can find out what law he broke before hand

sailingaway
07-27-2012, 05:29 PM

Stop with this nonsense.

Honestly, you take this too seriously, we are allowed to dream.

Note that this particular fantasy didn't start at rpf but at Huff Po. And someone at realclearpolitics was saying something.

rp08orbust
07-27-2012, 05:32 PM

Note that this particular fantasy didn't start at rpf but at Huff Po. And someone at realclearpolitics was saying something.

As was a guest, Catherine Crier, on Al Shaprton's MSNBC show.

rockandrollsouls
07-27-2012, 05:45 PM
so...we shouldn't be looking at the realistic and serious paths to the nomination? :rolleyes:

Dreaming is the proper way to describe it. You and the other mods have been stuck in a dream world. First, that a lawyer who has no record of measurable success will deliver us the nomination and now that Romney will drop out...

Maybe it's time you START taking this seriously....

sailingaway
07-27-2012, 06:08 PM
so...we shouldn't be looking at the realistic and serious paths to the nomination? :rolleyes:

what realistic path to nomination of RON do you have in mind that we should be looking at? Because if we are missing one, let's look at it.

And if you are opposed to discussions of how Ron might be nominated, whether idly playing with a 'what if' some blogger proposed, or not, it seems to me the Ron Paul 2012 Campaign grassroots forum isnt the best place to read the threads.

RonPaulRules
07-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Let's get this to happen!

rockandrollsouls
07-27-2012, 07:08 PM
This doesn't even belong in the grassroots! We can't even get our delegates to be treated properly...shouldn't we start THERE first instead of hoping the powers to be will make Romney the first huge figurehead in history they decimate for tax evasion?

Good lord....:rolleyes: That will NEVER happen.

what realistic path to nomination of RON do you have in mind that we should be looking at? Because if we are missing one, let's look at it.

And if you are opposed to discussions of how Ron might be nominated, whether idly playing with a 'what if' some blogger proposed, or not, it seems to me the Ron Paul 2012 Campaign grassroots forum isnt the best place to read the threads.

Michigan11
07-27-2012, 07:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ5Os1400uc

rockandrollsouls
07-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Mitt isn't some small-time house member. He's a Bilderberger. He was head of corporate monster Bain. Comparing Mitt's situation to Jim is apples and oranges. The powers to be chose him. They didn't choose Jim.

Michigan11
07-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Mitt isn't some small-time house member. He's a Bilderberger. He was head of corporate monster Bain. Comparing Mitt's situation to Jim is apples and oranges. The powers to be chose him. They didn't choose Jim.

I posted that video as my sarcastic take on this thread/subject... LOL

rockandrollsouls
07-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Eh, noted. But this is being discussed when the campaign files a challenge one day before the deadline regarding LA delegates......

People are willing to hope for a miracle but not do the work that needs to be done and vet the official campaign. Another level of higher-ups that doesn't communicate with us, has isolated us, and is throwing roadblocks so we are once again, nullified. I'm sick of it. I've been sick of it for years. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see what the problem is. This nonsense is just another distraction.

I posted that video as my sarcastic take on this thread/subject... LOL

sailingaway
07-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Eh, noted. But this is being discussed when the campaign files a challenge one day before the deadline regarding LA delegates......

People are willing to hope for a miracle but not do the work that needs to be done and vet the official campaign. Another level of higher-ups that doesn't communicate with us, has isolated us, and is throwing roadblocks so we are once again, nullified. I'm sick of it. I've been sick of it for years. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see what the problem is. This nonsense is just another distraction.

You aren't suggesting anything constructive. Assume for the moment that everyone agrees with you. So what does that have to do with this story in Huff Po?

devil21
07-27-2012, 08:24 PM
We have tax evaders all over the Federal Government, including the SecTreas. Doubt this tax thing forces Mitt out but it does reinforce to the party and delegates just how terrible of a nominee he would be. I do think the blogger suggesting that Pawlenty would be the nominee is hilarious since that guy literally missed every primary and caucus. They won't nominate someone that hasn't been vetted at all and didnt even participate in the campaign.

rockandrollsouls
07-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Stop engaging in complacency for a miracle, ie this nonsense or the lawsuit nonsense, and get on the campaign to actually do what we donated to them to do. Win. Stop the pandering to Romney, more support and communication with our delegates, etc. etc.

Funny. Everyone here is so gung-ho about working as a group to denounce another liberty candidate or support some lawsuit with a random lawyer who couldn't even file it correctly. But that same group can't get on the campaign's **s to do their job.

And at the SAME time, people here are cheering when the RNC absorbs our staffers! :confused:

You aren't suggesting anything constructive. Assume for the moment that everyone agrees with you. So what does that have to do with this story in Huff Po?

rockandrollsouls
07-27-2012, 08:31 PM
This.

We have tax evaders all over the Federal Government, including the SecTreas. Doubt this tax thing forces Mitt out but it does reinforce to the party and delegates just how terrible of a nominee he would be. I do think the blogger suggesting that Pawlenty would be the nominee is hilarious since that guy literally missed every primary and caucus. They won't nominate someone that hasn't been vetted at all and didnt even participate in the campaign.

sailingaway
07-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Stop engaging in complacency for a miracle, ie this nonsense or the lawsuit nonsense, and get on the campaign to actually do what we donated to them to do. Win. Stop the pandering to Romney, more support and communication with our delegates, etc. etc.

Funny. Everyone here is so gung-ho about working as a group to denounce another liberty candidate or support some lawsuit with a random lawyer who couldn't even file it correctly. But that same group can't get on the campaign's **s to do their job.

And at the SAME time, people here are cheering when the RNC absorbs our staffers! :confused:

You seem awfully determined to tell other people what THEY should do. And I like Gary Howard. If for some bizarre reason Ron wasn't going to keep him (and Gary was close to the best of the bunch) I'm glad he got a good position while he waits for the next worthy candidate to emerge. I would have gotten rid of different people and kept Howard, personally. I AM unhappy with the campaign but jumping up and down about it isn't going to get us anywhere. Meanwhile, Gary Howard can't wait to eat and pay his bills until the next great liberty candidate comes along with a budget to hire him.

None of that has anything to do with the fact that this is Ron's race, probably his LAST race, and I am behind HIM winning until the nominee is actually selected, which will happen in just shy of thirty days - but has not happened yet.

jabowery
07-28-2012, 10:41 AM
There needs to be a court injunction against Mitt Romney's nomination for President pending discovery.

Chester Copperpot
07-28-2012, 10:51 AM
T'Pau from Vulcan has a better chance than T'Paw