PDA

View Full Version : FreedomWorks FreePAC Is Streaming Now

ProvincialPeasant
07-26-2012, 05:07 PM
http://live.freedomworks.org

This looks like it's going to big and amazing. Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Glenn Beck, Ted Cruz, Richard Mourdock, Matt Kibbe, et. al will be there: http://connect.freedomworks.org/portals/freepac/register?source=www-feature

ClydeCoulter
07-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Have to have an account to watch?

ProvincialPeasant
07-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Have to have an account to watch?

Nope. Only if you want to comment, then you need an account. Any one with GBTV can watch it there (apparently).

GeorgiaAvenger
07-26-2012, 05:14 PM
I really love what FreedomWorks has been doing. It is almost identical to the CFL.

Like what Armey said the other day, if we ban guns, why not ban cars? Holmes could have driven a car into a bus.

ProvincialPeasant
07-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Photo showing the crowd:

http://s1-02.twitpicproxy.com/photos/full/624960983.jpg?key=640478

ClydeCoulter
07-26-2012, 05:15 PM
I really love what FreedomWorks has been doing. It is almost identical to the CFL.

Like what Armey said the other day, if we ban guns, why not ban cars? Holmes could have driven a car into a bus.

Or flew a plane into a building...dang no more planes...no need for TSA :)

ProvincialPeasant
07-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Greg Fettig, the guy who launched the Indiana tidal wave, is introducing Richard Mourdock to speak now!

tbone717
07-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Photo showing the crowd: http://twitpic.com/ac32zb

That's a nice size crowd. Are there estimates on the attendance?

ProvincialPeasant
07-26-2012, 05:39 PM
That's a nice size crowd. Are there estimates on the attendance?

I think there's meant to be ~20 000.

trey4sports
07-26-2012, 05:55 PM
oh boy maybe if we're lucky we can catch a couple minutes of Glenn Beck!?>

ProvincialPeasant
07-26-2012, 06:00 PM

Don't know you, but he's done more for liberty than you.

trey4sports
07-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Don't know you, but he's done more for liberty than you.

lol....

tbone717
07-26-2012, 06:05 PM

I'm sure Beck is a reason for the large crowd, and if you have people there that have never heard Paul, Cruz, et al speak at length before then good for Beck for drawing a crowd.

ProvincialPeasant
07-26-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm sure Beck is a reason for the large crowd, and if you have people there that have never heard Paul, Cruz, et al speak at length before then good for Beck for drawing a crowd.

There we are. Someone who has a clue and who doesn't think the highest call in life is I'm-purer-than-you-libertarianism.

FSP-Rebel
07-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Ya, I guess this is the reason to stay on halfway decent terms with some of the mafiosi.

tbone717
07-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Ya, I guess this is the reason to stay on halfway decent terms with some of the mafiosi.

Agreed. I'm sure there are some here that would say, ”I would never share a stage with Beck”. Good thing Rand doesn't see things that way.

ProvincialPeasant
07-26-2012, 06:31 PM
As proof of not shunning non-Paulists, the chatroom is saying "Looking forward to Glenn" and "Has Glenn spoken yet?". But the second most common statement and question regarding speakers is, "Looking forward to Rand" and "Has Rand spoken yet?".

AGRP
07-26-2012, 06:35 PM

Dont forget Sarah Palin and Allen West! Dear God, I hope I live to hear them speak!

tbone717
07-26-2012, 06:42 PM
As proof of not shunning non-Paulists, the chatroom is saying "Looking forward to Glenn" and "Has Glenn spoken yet?". But the second most common statement and question regarding speakers is, "Looking forward to Rand" and "Has Rand spoken yet?".

Is that a GBTV chat or Freedom Works?

LibertyEagle
07-26-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm thinking that these folks are the low hanging fruit and it only makes sense to get out in front of them and share the message whenever we can. It doesn't mean we have become them.

I don't understand what insulting them gets us.

cajuncocoa
07-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Good Lord...this thread. http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/cajuncocoa/Emoticons/doh.gif

ProvincialPeasant
07-26-2012, 06:55 PM
http://live.freedomworks.org

Rand is coming up soon!

LibertyEagle
07-26-2012, 06:58 PM

The folks running FreedomWorks do not share all of our principles. They do some good things, yes, but we still need our own organization.

ProvincialPeasant
07-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Apparently Jim DeMint, Lee, Paul and Beck are speaking next.

Feeding the Abscess
07-26-2012, 07:02 PM
The folks running FreedomWorks do not share all of our principles. They do some good things, yes, but we still need our own organization.

And we still need our own organization, as CFL has de-emphasized foreign policy.

ProvincialPeasant
07-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Just featured Atlas Shrugged Part II trailer and executive producer.

Yeah, FreedomWorks is pretty shit

ProvincialPeasant
07-26-2012, 07:06 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AyxX0_NCEAA9lio.jpg

Jimi
07-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Good Lord...this thread. http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/cajuncocoa/Emoticons/doh.gif

What, you mean it's not a joke ?

trey4sports
07-26-2012, 07:14 PM
good god this dude is annoying. Kinda like the conservative "comic" who performed at CPAC '10.

ProvincialPeasant
07-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Mike Lee speaking now: http://live.freedomworks.org

LibertyEagle
07-26-2012, 07:18 PM
That's interesting. Matt Kibbe is a huge Ayn Rand fan. Wasn't she pretty interventionist with regard to foreign policy?

trey4sports
07-26-2012, 07:20 PM
yes but i don't think that was really what most folks remember about her.

LibertyEagle
07-26-2012, 07:21 PM
And we still need our own organization, as CFL has de-emphasized foreign policy.

What makes you believe that? I saw plenty of stuff over there about foreign policy, before it hibernated during Paul's campaign.

LibertyEagle
07-26-2012, 07:22 PM
yes but i don't think that was really what most folks remember about her.

I'm just wondering if it explains why FreedomWorks is also pretty interventionist.

trey4sports
07-26-2012, 07:22 PM
What makes you believe that? I saw plenty of stuff over there about foreign policy, before it hibernated during Paul's campaign.

IIRC there was some kind of article or something that said C4L was going to de-emphasize FP in order to grow their membership and get more done. Essentially, take the Rand Paul route.

trey4sports
07-26-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm just wondering if it explains why FreedomWorks is also pretty interventionist.

Honestly, they seem to have a big FP tent. They will support most any fiscal conservative. I think there was even something about Kibbe or the other dude wanting to cut the defense budget.

AuH20
07-26-2012, 07:25 PM
IIRC there was some kind of article or something that said C4L was going to de-emphasize FP in order to grow their membership and get more done. Essentially, take the Rand Paul route.

Definitely a no-brainer and emphasize the fiscal angle. The escalation of war & fiat based debt go hand and hand if you examine world history.

ProvincialPeasant
07-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Rand Paul speaking now!

AuH20
07-26-2012, 07:31 PM
They introduced him to the sounds of Rush. ROFL

AuH20
07-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Rand is unbelievable. Reaganesque communication abilities.

LibertyEagle
07-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Rand is unbelievable. Reaganesque communication abilities.

Not quite. But, it was good all the same. :)

AuH20
07-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Not quite. But, it was good all the same. :)

He talks to the audience like adults as opposed to children. Like they are his senate peers.

ProvincialPeasant
07-26-2012, 07:49 PM
DeMint speaking next, I think.

AuH20
07-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Not too bad. Rand's applause compared to the mentioning of superstar Rubio. He's gaining on that fraud little by little.

FSP-Rebel
07-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Not too bad. Rand's applause compared to the mentioning of superstar Rubio. He's gaining on that fraud little by little.
Let's pretend this is The Village and he's^ whom we shall not speak of. Dude gives me the creeps.

AuH20
07-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Gods of the Copybook Headings. What a fantastic poem and completely relevant in these dark days.

jct74
07-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Rand Paul is trending on twitter right now.
http://twitter.com/

#RomneyShambles
#FreePAC
#ObamaBirthdayGifts
CL Bryant
Rand Paul
Neil Reed
Santana and Hafner
Tim Thomas
Verlander

LibertyEagle
07-26-2012, 08:21 PM
All Beck talked about was love, love, love. Not one thing that I heard about principles. The people in the chat were all fired up, but they didn't seem to understand what they were "not backing down" from. They have no compass.

We need to get busy. These are low hanging fruit.

AuH20
07-26-2012, 08:27 PM
All Beck talked about was love, love, love. Not one thing that I heard about principles. The people in the chat were all fired up, but they didn't seem to understand what they were "not backing down" from. They have no compass.

We need to get busy. These are low hanging fruit.

I think Beck is resigned to the fact that we can never beat this behemoth head on and must prepare accordingly to pick up the pieces after the parasitic system implodes on itself. I think that is why he emphasized love in a communal sense so much. Politically speaking, the ability to save this country is an extreme longshot, but educating and in the process building closely, entwined communities is the key to the future. And that's what Ron Paul did during his oft maligned career in the house. He inspired enough disciples to spread his message far and wide in preparation for the real battle that awaits.

LibertyEagle
07-26-2012, 08:30 PM
I think Beck is resigned to the fact that we can never beat this behemoth head on and must prepare accordingly to pick up the pieces after the parasitic system implodes on itself. I think that is why he emphasized love in a communal sense so much. Politically speaking, the ability to save this country is an extreme longshot, but educating and in the process building closely, entwined communities is the key to the future. And that's what Ron Paul did during his oft maligned career in the house. He inspired enough disciples to spread his message far and wide in preparation for the real battle that awaits.

Maybe. But, if people do not understand or have any principles, what good are they in fighting any battle whatsoever?

Tinnuhana
07-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Any of this up on youtube yet?
Beck's been pushing this all month on radio...probably longer.

AGRP
07-26-2012, 09:01 PM
All Beck talked about was love, love, love.

Glenn Beck gets it. Is there a better way for us to spread the message of aggressive unconstitutional warfare than with love? We should also spread the message of rape as long as its done with love. God bless Glenn Beck.

jct74
07-26-2012, 09:15 PM
a lot of people there

http://c0014404.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_d9f6a66

http://p.twimg.com/Ayxh9DOCcAIYzxe.jpg

https://p.twimg.com/Ayxh5UiCQAEWiuY.jpg:large

https://p.twimg.com/AyxhP4xCcAARBkX.jpg:large

https://p.twimg.com/Ayxh9DOCcAIYzxe.jpg:large

low preference guy
07-26-2012, 09:18 PM
suit jacket with jeans? the guy is a misanthrope.

cajuncocoa
07-26-2012, 09:25 PM
Glenn Beck gets it. Is there a better way for us to spread the message of aggressive unconstitutional warfare than with love? We should also spread the message of rape as long as its done with love. God bless Glenn Beck.LOL

Carlybee
07-26-2012, 09:34 PM
suit jacket with jeans? the guy is a misanthrope.

The eighties called...they want their jeans back.

ProvincialPeasant
07-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Right Scoop has all the speeches here: http://www.therightscoop.com/

tbone717
07-27-2012, 04:53 AM
Right Scoop has all the speeches here: http://www.therightscoop.com/

Thanks for the link. I'll have to take some time this weekend and watch them all.

sailingaway
07-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Cooption in action.

Oh, well.

tbone717
07-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Cooption in action.

Oh, well.

Hey if new people got to hear Rand speak for the first time, it's a good thing. We cannot grow a movement by circle jerking (pardon the crude expression, but it is applicable).

AuH20
07-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Cooption in action.

Oh, well.

Um no. McConnell, Graham, Alexander, McCain & the rest of the republican establishment are our enemies. These people are our friends.

tbone717
07-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Um no. McConnell, Graham, Alexander and McCain are our enemies. These people are our friends.

That's how I see it. 4 out of the 5 elected officials/candidates were either our guys or our close allies. I think the jury is out still on Murdoch, but he is a vast improvement over Lugar.

This event with 20K people or so could very well have had Rubio, Christie, Cain, Palin and Jindal as the speakers. But instead the organization contacted Rand and the others to speak. Why people cannot see this as being a good thing is beyond me.

tbone717
07-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Um no. McConnell, Graham, Alexander and McCain are our enemies. These people are our friends.

That's how I see it. 4 out of the 5 elected officials/candidates were either our guys or our close allies. I think the jury is out still on Murdoch, but he is a vast improvement over Lugar.

This event with 20K people or so could very well have had Rubio, Christie, Cain, Palin and Jindal as the speakers. But instead the organization contacted Rand and the others to speak. Why people cannot see this as being a good thing is beyond me.

AuH20
07-27-2012, 10:00 AM

It's still a very small minority though. Until this faction takes over the leadership positions and committee assigning role, the Republican party will continue to be atrocious. McConnell and the old guard that rubberstamped Bush's freespending ways need to be purged and we're seeing that happen, but I fear it won't be soon enough. It's a long climb but progress is being made.

tbone717
07-27-2012, 10:07 AM
It's still a very small minority though. Until this faction takes over the leadership positions and committee assigning role, the Republican party will continue to be atrocious. McConnell and the old guard that rubberstamped Bush's freespending ways need to be purged and we're seeing that happen, but I fear it won't be soon enough. It's a long climb but progress is being made.

Totally agree. I think we very well might see Rand or one of his allies in a leadership position by 2016. Hell just imagine what the Senate would be like if McConnell, Kyl, Thune, Barrasso, and Blunt were replaced by Rand, DeMint, Lee, Coburn and Cruz.

The key to making this happen of course, if getting more of the guys we align with into office.

AuH20
07-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Totally agree. I think we very well might see Rand or one of his allies in a leadership position by 2016. Hell just imagine what the Senate would be like if McConnell, Kyl, Thune, Barrasso, and Blunt were replaced by Rand, DeMint, Lee, Coburn and Cruz.

The key to making this happen of course, if getting more of the guys we align with into office.

Why does Rand play nice with McConnell when he continually stabs him in the back??? At some point, Rand needs to use his political capital to oust McConnell unless he's just taking the high road to wait out his likely retirement:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/161251-paul-is-the-second-tea-party-senator-to-miss-coveted-budget-committee-slot

Several months back, he passed Rand over for Kelly Freaking Ayotte on the budget committee??? Ayotte is horrible as we've all seen. Eventually, our faction is going to take over the leadership role and then the real game will be afoot in controlling committee assignments. The GOP elders are going to howl in agony when the day comes.

tbone717
07-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Why does Rand play nice with McConnell when he continually stabs him in the back??? At some point, Rand needs to use his political capital to oust McConnell unless he's just taking the high road to wait out his likely retirement:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/161251-paul-is-the-second-tea-party-senator-to-miss-coveted-budget-committee-slot

Several months back, he passed Rand over for Kelly Freaking Ayotte on the budget committee??? Ayotte is horrible as we've all seen.

I would imagine, he is just biding his time. The more allies he has in the Senate, the more likely he will be able to take a run at the current leadership.

Feeding the Abscess
07-27-2012, 12:03 PM
DeMint rubberstamped Bush's freespending ways.

Just letting you guys in on that.

AuH20
07-27-2012, 12:06 PM
DeMint rubberstamped Bush's freespending ways.

Just letting you guys in on that.

Actually, he was practically the only one who stood his ground during the wholesale Republican sellout. He voted against the Medicare Part D Pharmaceutical giveaway, TARP and other nonsense. DeMint's lone sin was voting for the Patriot Act.

specsaregood
07-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Actually, he was practically the only one who stood his ground during the wholesale Republican sellout. He voted against the Medicare Part D Pharmaceutical giveaway, TARP and other nonsense. DeMint's lone sin was voting for the Patriot Act.

I suppose those pesky wars didn't cost anything.

AuH20
07-27-2012, 12:17 PM
I suppose those pesky wars didn't cost anything.

Ron Paul should know. He voted for the AUMF in Afghanistan which had a steep price tag attached to it. I don't see anyone attacking Ron Paul.

specsaregood
07-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Ron Paul should know. He voted for the AUMF in Afghanistan. I don't see anyone attacking Ron Paul.

Which was the only one that was somewhat in defense. How much did Demint spend on Iraq? How many spending bills regarding Afghanistan has he rubberstamped?
Hey, I don't want to go out of my way to hate on the guy but the Patriot act is not his "lone sin".

AuH20
07-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Which was the only one that was somewhat in defense. How much did Demint spend on Iraq? How many spending bills regarding Afghanistan has he rubberstamped?
Hey, I don't want to go out of my way to hate on the guy but the Patriot act is not his "lone sin".

The senate was largely misled with faulty intelligence as well as the strange reluctance by the Ba'athist regime to allow UN weapon inspectors into their country. Many informed anti-war democrats voted for the entrance into Iraq. I don't have a huge problem with that or the future funding in Iraq because you can't simply destroy the established power base of a country and then leave it in chaos. The Patriot Act vote is much harder to defend.

Elwar
07-27-2012, 12:33 PM
I heard Glenn Beck this morning talking about how that was the most freedom minded people to get together in the history of the world.

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/20080903/1t0r3931_540x360.jpg

As for Beck. F*&k anyone who still falls for the "we can use him to expose people to liberty!".

Please allow me to meet you and kick you in the balls, and then be nice to you and talk about freedom. Then kick you even harder in the nuts. Then talk about how great liberty is. Then take a hammer to your junk...and so on and so on...

AuH20
07-27-2012, 12:47 PM
DeMint's outlook on the GOP changed after Bush deceived him on LNCB in 2001:

http://www.humanevents.com/2011/01/03/senator-jim-demint-conservative-of-the-year/

Among the conservatives who cooled on Bush was Sen. Jim DeMint. DeMint recalled that Bush told him, at a White House meeting back in 2001, when the South Carolinian was a second-term House member, that Bush would fight for “flexibility” for state charter schools as part of his new federal education program, No Child Left Behind, according to a DeMint aide, who requested anonymity because he wasn’t authorized to speak to the press. DeMint was then far from the small-government agitator and tea party champion he has become. But the Bush plan disturbed DeMint, and he decided to vote no—until the president called him in and said, “Jim, I promise to get this [state flexibility] back in conference. But I need you not to make an issue of it on the House floor,” the aide recalled. “DeMint said, ‘OK, Mr. President, I’ll trust you.’ But Bush didn’t even lift a finger to get it in conference.”

For DeMint, it was the beginning of a decade of disappointments in his president and his party, as he gradually became more alienated from the GOP leadership.

tbone717
07-27-2012, 12:54 PM
As for Beck. F*&k anyone who still falls for the "we can use him to expose people to liberty!"

So basically then "F*&k Rand"?

AuH20
07-27-2012, 01:00 PM

I don't think he's saying that. But it does get tiresome reading all the Glenn Beck or Alex Jones bashing. We're all rowing to the same direction and I'm not going to blast anyone for expanding our reach whomever it may be.

tbone717
07-27-2012, 01:05 PM
I don't think he's saying that. But it does get tiresome reading all the Glenn Beck or Alex Jones bashing. We're all rowing to the same destination and I'm not going to blast anyone for expanding our reach whomever it may be.

I agree, though I do have reservations about Jones since he caters to the fringe. He reaches a small group, that tends to attach themselves to various political movements and attempt to force their own issues to the forefront. I think politicians need to proceed with caution in all areas with whom they align with. The pros and cons always have to be calculated.

Elwar
07-27-2012, 01:06 PM

Did Rand call all of Ron Paul's supporters terrorists?

Did Rand openly attack and mock one of our liberty candidates, comparing them to Hitler?

Did Rand endorse the biggest neo-con in the presidential race?

Did Rand Paul compare Ron Paul to Osama Bin Laden?

Has Rand Paul consistently joined the side of the neo-cons when it really mattered, only to change his tune once there is no voting taking place in order to bring those liberty lovers under his wing so that he can rinse and repeat once again the next time that it actually matters?

AuH20
07-27-2012, 01:08 PM
I agree, though I do have reservations about Jones since he caters to the fringe. He reaches a small group, that tends to attach themselves to various political movements and attempt to force their own issues to the forefront. I think politicians need to proceed with caution in all areas with whom they align with. The pros and cons always have to be calculated.

Say what you want about Alex's eccentric delivery, but he is very effective at what he does, in terms of bringing critical issues to the forefront. The same goes for Beck. They are both key assets in my view who advise their audiences to do their own research.

tbone717
07-27-2012, 01:11 PM

Did Rand openly attack and mock one of our liberty candidates, comparing them to Hitler?

Has Rand Paul consistently joined the side of the neo-cons when it really mattered, only to change his tune once there is no voting taking place in order to bring those liberty lovers under his wing so that he can rinse and repeat once again the next time that it actually matters?

No but Rand shared a stage with him, in order to get his message exposed to a wider audience. And I thought that you were insinuating in your post that I commented on that we shouldn't be sharing a stage with guys like Beck. That is why I asked for clarification.

tbone717
07-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Say what you want about Alex's eccentric delivery, but he is very effective at what he does, in terms of bringing critical issues to the forefront. The same goes for Beck. They are both key assets in my view.

I understand. I am referring for example to the recent situation where Luke Rudowski (sp??) felt it necessary to chase down Rand and ask him over and over about the Bilderberg Group. That's what I mean when I refer to using political movements to push their own pet agenda.

It is stuff like the image below that concerns me - whether it is from a Jones guy or a Beck guy, they should not attach their issues to a candidate that does not share that view.

http://www.ringospictures.com/photos/20071027/53.jpg

Elwar
07-27-2012, 01:26 PM
No but Rand shared a stage with him, in order to get his message exposed to a wider audience. And I thought that you were insinuating in your post that I commented on that we shouldn't be sharing a stage with guys like Beck. That is why I asked for clarification.

That is Rand's choice. It appears that he is playing the game. Sharing the stage with Glenn Beck is akin to going on the Rachel Maddow show to reach viewers. Both are snakes who are ready and willing to pounce at a moment's notice.

There is harm to using Glenn Beck to get more exposure. Just ask Debra Medina.

tbone717
07-27-2012, 01:31 PM
That is Rand's choice. It appears that he is playing the game. Sharing the stage with Glenn Beck is akin to going on the Rachel Maddow show to reach viewers. Both are snakes who are ready and willing to pounce at a moment's notice.

There is harm to using Glenn Beck to get more exposure. Just ask Debra Medina.

Rand is playing the game for sure, he has to in many ways. If he wants the nomination eventually, he is going to need roughly 5 times more votes than his dad received. I don't think relying on the RP grassroots is enough to do that, considering that it appears that a percentage aren't big fans of his in the first place. So over the next 4-8 years he needs to get as much exposure as possible while minimizing liabilities.

Feeding the Abscess
07-27-2012, 07:36 PM
DeMint's outlook on the GOP changed after Bush deceived him on LNCB in 2001:

http://www.humanevents.com/2011/01/03/senator-jim-demint-conservative-of-the-year/

http://lewrockwell.com/vance/vance285.html

Jim DeMint: Now or some other time.

LibertyEagle
07-27-2012, 08:22 PM
The senate was largely misled with faulty intelligence as well as the strange reluctance by the Ba'athist regime to allow UN weapon inspectors into their country. Many informed anti-war democrats voted for the entrance into Iraq. I don't have a huge problem with that or the future funding in Iraq because you can't simply destroy the established power base of a country and then leave it in chaos. The Patriot Act vote is much harder to defend.

If Ron Paul could find out it was bullshit, so could have Demint. If he made a mistake and admitted it, that's one thing. But, I'm not going to just pass it off.

LibertyEagle
07-27-2012, 08:24 PM

Yeah, he endorsed Romney. But, Romney is a Rockefeller-Republican. He's not a neocon.

I have no idea where you came up with the rest though.