PDA

View Full Version : CA-San Fran mayor fully committed to "stop and frisk" after CO shooting.

Anti Federalist
07-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Mayor Ed Lee committed to stop and frisk

http://blog.sfgate.com/cityinsider/2012/07/23/mayor-ed-lee-committed-to-stop-and-frisk/

Mayor Ed Lee remains resolute in implementing some form of a stop-and-frisk program – even if it’s not called that – in the wake of Friday’s horrific movie theater mass shooting in Aurora, Colo., and a trip to Philadelphia, which has its own controversial stop-and-frisk program.

“I am as, if not more, committed, and especially in light of the massacre that occurred in Aurora, but also the review of what’s happening in New York and Philadelphia and Chicago and the crime that’s committed,” Lee said Monday on the sidelines of an announcement about federal transportation funding.

Stop-and-frisk policing, where officers stop and search people they deem suspicious in an attempt to get illegal guns off the streets, has routinely been likened to racial profiling.

Lee’s consideration of such a practice has triggered an outcry.

Last week, the City Hall steps were filled with politicians and people carrying signs reading “Am I suspicious?” and calling stop and frisk the new Jim Crow. The protesters delivered 2,000 signatures decrying stop and frisk to the mayor’s office. Later, the Board of Supervisors unanimously passed a resolution opposing bringing the controversial policy to San Francisco.

Lee insists that he’s not considering any proposal that would violate someone’s constitutional rights, but he also wouldn’t say what specific policy changes he is weighing after a U.S. Conference of Mayor’s session in Philadelphia where he also met with the city’s top cop, Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey.

Last year, Philadelphia officials agreed to court monitoring of their stop-and-frisk program to settle a lawsuit brought by the American Civil Liberties Union and others, who alleged that police officers used racial profiling and stopped people with little or no justification.

“I’m not into any program that will violate people’s rights, but we’ve got to get to the guns,” Lee said Monday.

“There are individuals out there who are not listening, who are not only creating disputes, but they’re ending those disputes with the use of these guns. We’ve got to get to them,” Lee said. “That’s why I’ve been contemplating some kind of authority to put some fear into these kids that they can’t be carrying these guns thinking they can resolve all their problems with them.”

Lee did acknowledge that the term “stop-and-frisk” is freighted with negative connotations.

“We’ll be utilizing different phrases,” Lee said, “but clearly getting to the guns in the number one theme.”

aGameOfThrones
07-26-2012, 03:14 PM
“I’m not into any program that will violate people’s rights, but we’ve got to get to the guns,” Lee said Monday.

See mom? I can talk from both sides of my mouth.

“There are individuals out there who are not listening, who are not only creating disputes, but they’re ending those disputes with the use of these guns. We’ve got to get to them,” Lee said. “That’s why I’ve been contemplating some kind of authority to put some fear into these kids that they can’t be carrying these guns thinking they can resolve all their problems with them.”

Will cops be included? 'Cause they lately been trigger happy.

Lee did acknowledge that the term “stop-and-frisk” is freighted with negative connotations.

“We’ll be utilizing different phrases,” Lee said, “but clearly getting to the guns in the number one theme.”

Like calling slavery, freedom.

Anti Federalist
07-26-2012, 03:17 PM

DoublePlusGood comrade, I see you understand.

angelatc
07-26-2012, 03:19 PM
This is so fucked up. It's like people don't actually care if the government does it, just as long as they don't target minorities.

hazek
07-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Who is he to make that decision? Did he ask me for my consent? Did he ask anyone for anyone's consent? Him or other human beings who try and do what he says should be done without anyone's consent should be defended against with any force necessary.

Pericles
07-26-2012, 03:51 PM
The experts at "stop and frisk"

http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2011/8/3/23/enhanced-buzz-8752-1312430160-0.jpg

jkr
07-26-2012, 04:24 PM
the airport experience at a yard or street near yours...HEY IT IS YOURS

Anti Federalist
07-26-2012, 04:27 PM
This is so fucked up. It's like people don't actually care if the government does it, just as long as they don't target minorities.

Yup, that, precisely.

As long as it's non discriminatory, equal opportunity, tyranny, Boobus is just fine with it

aGameOfThrones
07-26-2012, 04:34 PM
San Francisco to implement a "stop and frisk" policy.

That doesn't sound good at all.

San Francisco to implement a "Friendly Check" policy.

Now it sounds amazingly good.

LibForestPaul
07-26-2012, 05:10 PM
That doesn't sound good at all.

I am waiting for suspicious apartment searches. If the landlord wants to be cozy with the inspectors, he'll participate no doubt.

Anti Federalist
07-26-2012, 05:12 PM
"Your paperzzz are not in order."

The experts at "stop and frisk"

http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2011/8/3/23/enhanced-buzz-8752-1312430160-0.jpg

PaulConventionWV
07-26-2012, 05:17 PM
See mom? I can talk from both sides of my mouth.

Will cops be included? 'Cause they lately been trigger happy.

People don't like the phrase? Call it something else. Problem solved.

Anti Federalist
07-26-2012, 05:19 PM

Doesn't it?

Here comes Officer Friendly and his pals now, for your "friendly check".

http://grantjkidney.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/0215L_SWAT1-e1323215914228.jpg

Pericles
07-26-2012, 05:50 PM
"Not long ago it was easy to tell who the bad guys were. They carried Kalashnikovs. Now it is much more complicated, but one thing is sure - any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen."

LTC Jeff Cooper USMC

Anti Federalist
07-26-2012, 05:54 PM
"Not long ago it was easy to tell who the bad guys were. They carried Kalashnikovs. Now it is much more complicated, but one thing is sure - any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen."

LTC Jeff Cooper USMC

http://www.guzer.com/pictures/swat-mask.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YHbDHf3qFp4/T1-VcFdhzfI/AAAAAAAABd0/oKnr7fQDZCw/s400/masked%2Bmen.jpg