PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to ask this question but...

DeanToPaulIn4Years
11-17-2007, 06:15 PM
If Ron doesn't win the nomination, what happens to the donated money? I certainly wouldn't want my money going to support any of the other Republican candidates. I know Ron has said he wouldn't necessarily support the nominee if the nominee's policies were too different from his own, but I would like a guarantee from him that he wouldn't under any circumstances use that money to help another candidate.

If he promises that then I'd enthusiastically contribute as much as I can on the 16th. Without that guarantee, I'm not so sure I could.

theseus51
11-17-2007, 06:18 PM
You can hold the money for future runs. In the old days, politicians would be able to keep the money when they retire, but nowdays I think most donate it to charity when they eventually leave office.

njandrewg
11-17-2007, 06:19 PM
he will win the nomination. And don't worry the GOP will not see a dime out of the money raised for each campaign

Dave Wood
11-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Good question and good point.

I think he has talked about this before but it will take some time to dig it up. Valid question........I for one couldnt stand to see my dollars going to support the other candidates with the exception of a small handful. I`d rather have him continue to grow the movement...

Ron Paul Fan
11-17-2007, 06:23 PM
It's an invalid and moot question because Ron Paul will be the nominee of the Republican Party. He's going to need all the money he can get to defeat Hillary so that's what I'm worried about.

schmeisser
11-17-2007, 06:23 PM
I think I heard somewhere that he will spend every dime in this effort. That is certainly what I expect and hope he will do. No matter what the outcome of the race, I donated my money to further the cause of liberty and changing the discussion at the national level.

Indy Vidual
11-17-2007, 06:24 PM
If Ron doesn't win the nomination, what happens to the donated money? I certainly wouldn't want my money going to support any of the other Republican candidates. I know Ron has said he wouldn't necessarily support the nominee if the nominee's policies were too different from his own, but I would like a guarantee from him that he wouldn't under any circumstances use that money to help another candidate.

If he promises that then I'd enthusiastically contribute as much as I can on the 16th. Without that guarantee, I'm not so sure I could.

Once you fully understand the 'extreme' nature of following the Constitution, then you will automatically know your investment is safe with Dr. Ron Paul. :)

adwads
11-17-2007, 06:24 PM
I don't think that candidates give their money to other candidates. Ron Paul will spend it all, now, that's a given. There's no reason NOT to spend it all.

Just Come Home
11-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Ron Paul is either going to win the nomination, or use the money to race for St. Paul to win it there in an appeal to the delegates.

dircha
11-17-2007, 06:28 PM

Congressman Paul gets asked fairly often (from reporters and pundits assuming he will lose) whether he will be willing to support or endorse the candidate who receives the GOP nomination if he doesn't get it.

His response has been that he will not support or endorse another candidate who does not share his position on foreign policy and ending the war. The implication is that this excludes any other current GOP or Democratic frontrunner.

That's probably as close to a promise as we will get.

MozoVote
11-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Most candidates blow all their money in a few early states, then have to frantically raise more later in the campaign, even if they succeeded. I suspect Ron will dole his out methodically and campaign far longer than his competitors are ready for. Ron could lose several early states and keep chugging. McCain, Tancredo, Hunter, and Thompson, probably not.