PDA

View Full Version : The Nuge Colorfully Responds to Bill O'Reilly and Others about Gun Control

AuH20
07-26-2012, 12:09 AM
He does know his stuff in this particular realm.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/07/25/ted-nugent-flips-out-over-calls-for-more-gun-control-misinformation/

NUGENT: Well, yes. Number one, I can’t go further without saying that the Nugent family and everybody I know, I mean literally everybody says prayers for the victims and their families in the face of such a tragedy, but now we need to go on to the vile intentional misrepresentation of what did happen. And I think as soon as you can, Glenn, you need to talk to your friend Bill O’Reilly because I’ve never heard such nonsense in all my life and I think it epitomizes the ignorance out there when Bill O’Reilly states as a fact that anybody can go buy a bazooka and a machine gun without the government knowing it unless, of course, you’re in the crips and the bloods. My God in heaven, since 1934 machine guns ‑‑ by the way, bazookas are not available this week and they never have been.

GLENN: Really?

NUGENT: But to buy a machine gun, you have to go through such a vetting, such a federal BATF and local law enforcement, national law enforcement review, background check, fill out all kinds of documents and buy a $200 transfer tax certificate per purchase if they allow it. So this kind of information is just looney. And let me state as if fact that I know for a fact that most of the damage done by this devil in Aurora was done with the number one pheasant shotgun in the world, a Remington 870. His AR‑15 Smith & Wesson rifle is now the most popular sporting rifle in America. It is the number one competition, number one in self‑defense, it’s the number one sporting rifle for big game and small game. And if they keep calling it an assault weapon, I may have that aneurysm.

GLENN: You know why they call it that? Because of the way it looks. That’s it. Because of ‑‑ I was out shooting, what, two weeks ago and that’s exactly ‑‑ that’s the gun we were using. And we were target practice. I mean, that is the gun we would use. If I was going hunting, that would be the gun that I would use.

NUGENT: Oh, and most sporters do but let me ‑‑ you talk about the way it looks. Dianne Feinstein and her ‑‑ by the way, Dianne Feinstein who’s just literally going berserk on the misinformation about the weapons and the ammunition. This is the woman who had a concealed weapons permit but denied California citizens the right to have a concealed weapons permit. She demonized the concept of concealed weapon permit when she had one, Glenn, and she sat in a room with a friend of mine who will remain unnamed, unidentified, a Democrat congressman from one of my favorite states and she took out a copy of shotgun news. This is a publication that, you know, lists the different types of firearms available, legal firearms, and she got out a Sharpie and circled the ones she wanted banned in the original assault weapon ban and she circled ones that were black with folding stocks when, in fact, the exact same weapon, exact same rate of fire, exact same caliber, everything was the same but it was made out of wood. She didn’t want to ban those. This is lunacy. And remember, Glenn, this monster in Aurora took 20 minutes to do his evil. In 20 minutes you don’t need an assault weapon, you don’t need a machine gun, which he didn’t have either of, but you could do more damage with a single shot or a bolt action because he had 20 minutes.

Pericles
07-26-2012, 08:56 AM
Mr. O was seriously stupid on that segment. My mother, being a fan, was all on board with it. So I asked her when she was going to turn me in to the FBI? I also told her that they better bring a sack lunch when they show up, because it is going to take a while.

Rep. Chaffetz at least knew what the law was and what he was talking about. +rep for him.

Brian4Liberty
07-26-2012, 12:11 PM
This is the woman who had a concealed weapons permit but denied California citizens the right to have a concealed weapons permit.

Of course. Weapons are only for the royal class, and the various militarized personnel* that protect them. Mundanes need not apply.

(*Note: when in the presence of the royals, most security personnel can not possess weapons either. Only the most elite and vetted personal protector can have weapons in the royal presence).

Matt Collins
07-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Not a fan of Nugent, he didn't endorse Ron, and he is a bit to jingoistic for my tastes.

phill4paul
07-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Not a fan of Nugent, he didn't endorse Ron, and he is a bit to jingoistic for my tastes.

He's also a chicken hawk draft dodger.

QuickZ06
07-26-2012, 02:50 PM

But supports the military 100% :toady: just not with his own body.

coastie
07-26-2012, 02:53 PM

Chicken hawk, yes.

Draft dodger....good for him. I'm dodging the next one as well.;)