PDA

View Full Version : Cop ‘Looked Up’ Attractive Woman’s License Plate Number To Stalk Her on Facebook

donnay
07-25-2012, 11:35 PM
Cop ‘Looked Up’ Attractive Woman’s License Plate Number To Stalk Her on Facebook

Daily Mail.co.uk
July 25, 2012

A woman outside Philadelphia attracted the attention of a creepy cop for no other reason than driving down the road and being attractive, prosecutors say.

Officer Jeffrey Tyther seemed to like the woman so much, he allegedly looked up her license plate number in the state police database so he could stalk her on Facebook and send her messages and e-mails.

After the second time Tyther contacted her, the woman was so unsettled that she told a friend, who reported the 14-year police veteran to authorities.

Tyther, 44, was arrested on Monday on accusations that he used the police database, which has secret personal information officers use for traffic stops and investigations, as his own personal dating site, the Philadelphia Daily News reported.

Continued... (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2178556/Officer-Jeffrey-Tyther-used-license-plate-database-stalk-woman-Facebook.html#ixzz21eNNlxjH)

oyarde
07-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Well ..... cops are creepy , women are attractive and it is Philadelphia, I am not suprised , but, I would not live there and pay that tax rate for the tax ticks or creeps ...

Anti Federalist
07-26-2012, 12:02 AM
Why, oh why, do people feel the need to put their real name on FedBook?

Anti Federalist
07-26-2012, 12:02 AM
Tyther, 44, was arrested on Monday on accusations that he used the police database, which has secret personal information officers use for traffic stops and investigations, as his own personal dating site, the Philadelphia Daily News reported.

O' Rly?

Like...???

Cutlerzzz
07-26-2012, 12:11 AM
How attractive? We need to consider this before rediculing the man.

Anti Federalist
07-26-2012, 11:26 AM
///

Brian4Liberty
07-26-2012, 11:31 AM
When a person has a Ring of Power, they will use it.

/Tolkien reference

Nirvikalpa
07-26-2012, 11:34 AM
New Jersey State Police... not surprised. They seem to love hiring wife-beaters, wife-cheaters, stalkers, and just the low of the low on the male pole all around.

He was suspended from the police force without pay and released from jail.

For once.

Brian4Liberty
07-26-2012, 11:34 AM
O' Rly?

Like...???

Height, weight, marital status, true gender identity, aliases, home address, phone numbers, outstanding bills, warrants, arrests, priors, medical conditions, internet habits, friends, associates, etc...

Anti Federalist
07-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Height, weight, marital status, true gender identity, aliases, home address, phone numbers, outstanding bills, warrants, arrests, priors, medical conditions, internet habits, friends, associates, etc...

Freedom.

AGRP
07-26-2012, 11:51 AM
He was clearly concerned over her safety and wanted to make sure she was protected at all times. We need to come together and organize an award ceremony for this officer's act of bravery.

Spikender
07-26-2012, 12:22 PM
New Jersey State Police... not surprised. They seem to love hiring wife-beaters, wife-cheaters, stalkers, and just the low of the low on the male pole all around.

For once.

I can't believe this guy was suspended without pay. That doesn't happen very often.

Although I bet he did get a few pats on the back and few thumbs up from his coworkers. Gotta stick together, ya know? And besides, it was just a harmless little thing... it's not like he did anything wrong. He was just making sure she wasn't a terrorist. Can never be too sure, especially with those attractive ones.

JK/SEA
07-26-2012, 12:37 PM
'officer in question has received back pay and promoted to detective grade. Woman in question was arrested for whatever bullshit they could make up' and has hired an attorney....out of court settlement is pending.

libertyfanatic
07-26-2012, 01:03 PM
'officer in question has received back pay and promoted to detective grade. Woman in question was arrested for whatever bullshit they could make up' and has hired an attorney....out of court settlement is pending.
It's sad when I'm not sure if your being serious or not.

Nickels
07-26-2012, 01:20 PM

yep, exactly. But I think many people do because they want to help promote their business, and/or they have family members on there. But none of that really is worth getting your name stalked. In addition, you can privatize a lot of stuff.

The Goat
07-26-2012, 01:43 PM
It's sad when I'm not sure if your being serious or not.

I was thinking the same thing.

Philhelm
07-26-2012, 01:55 PM
When a person has a Ring of Power, they will use it.

/Tolkien reference

(Book) Faramir wouldn't.

TonySutton
07-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Philly cops are a LOT worse than this. I was stationed just north of Philly for 3.5 years. There was always some sort of corruption going on.

QuickZ06
07-26-2012, 02:27 PM
I can't believe this guy was suspended without pay. That doesn't happen very often.

Although I bet he did get a few pats on the back and few thumbs up from his coworkers. Gotta stick together, ya know? And besides, it was just a harmless little thing... it's not like he did anything wrong. He was just making sure she wasn't a terrorist. Can never be too sure, especially with those attractive ones.

He is probably on farcebook right now posting dumb status like, it was not him and how its all a mix up. Of course his bros are backing him.

PaulConventionWV
07-26-2012, 04:05 PM

Logic certainly cannot be applied to today's law enforcement. Cops don't get punished for the worse of atrocities, or they get a paid vacation, which I guess is considered "punishment." If you stalk someone on facebook, though, all of a sudden you can get fired for it.

GunnyFreedom
07-26-2012, 04:30 PM

Some of us have a valid reason.

CaptainAmerica
07-26-2012, 04:41 PM
http://chzhistoriclols.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/funny-pictures-history-disregard-the-constabulary.jpg

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzaviXlcs34q7WvO5WtfPflZldJUrHy aD_HnrKB4aV51jZI6MPYUnvCfKy

LibForestPaul
07-26-2012, 05:06 PM
CAPPSII threat assessment score

Anti Federalist
07-26-2012, 05:09 PM
http://chzhistoriclols.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/funny-pictures-history-disregard-the-constabulary.jpg

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24016220.jpg

Working Poor
07-26-2012, 05:19 PM
I had a cop stalking me when I was younger he broke into my house and waited inside for me(luckily my dog was with me) he pulled me over several times and would follow me in my car if I was alone. It was a really scary time for me and I did not know what to do about it. Finally, he started stalking a rich man's daughter and he got fired. I am sure if my dad had been alive he would have helped me know what to do about it. He is probably still doing crap like that though.

Anti Federalist
07-26-2012, 05:34 PM
I had a cop stalking me when I was younger he broke into my house and waited inside for me(luckily my dog was with me) he pulled me over several times and would follow me in my car if I was alone. It was a really scary time for me and I did not know what to do about it. Finally, he started stalking a rich man's daughter and he got fired. I am sure if my dad had been alive he would have helped me know what to do about it. He is probably still doing crap like that though.

Cop hating hippie.

Go smoke some dope.

Don't you know police officers are heroes?

/s/

heavenlyboy34
07-26-2012, 05:44 PM
And home location, photos, schools attended! ...Why not post your personal info in the fucking newspaper while you're at it to make the creeps' job even easier? :eek:

oyarde
07-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Freedom.

Stop it , your killin' me . LOL.

oyarde
07-27-2012, 12:01 AM
I had a cop stalking me when I was younger he broke into my house and waited inside for me(luckily my dog was with me) he pulled me over several times and would follow me in my car if I was alone. It was a really scary time for me and I did not know what to do about it. Finally, he started stalking a rich man's daughter and he got fired. I am sure if my dad had been alive he would have helped me know what to do about it. He is probably still doing crap like that though. It is only because he may have had a moment where he realized what a Great catch you would be, by now he has already got a Mrs and had to settle for less :) he should have just asked .

oyarde
07-27-2012, 12:03 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24016220.jpg I love that second one , creepy as hell , may use that for training matl. for my Grand Daughters :) Kind of reminds me of one of my High School Deans ...

Anti Federalist
07-27-2012, 12:11 AM
I love that second one , creepy as hell , may use that for training matl. for my Grand Daughters :) Kind of reminds me of one of my High School Deans ...

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/joseph-ducreux-archaic-rap

Working Poor
07-27-2012, 06:57 AM
It is only because he may have had a moment where he realized what a Great catch you would be, by now he has already got a Mrs and had to settle for less :) he should have just asked .

At the time I was in love with a CIA agent I should have just told him but he was gone so much....

brushfire
07-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Thats why IL has a special process for processing 4473 and background checks for firearms. Because they want to keep the data - despite the fact that its illegal to do so.

Data, once collected, almost never goes away... Its just a matter of time before its used for evil purposes. Whether that be for polical reasons, or because your looks arrouse some creep.

People should keep that in mind, whenever they post something on the web, or send something in an email. People should also be aware of any false sense of anonymity. Unlike words that come out of our mouths, the text we type is forever, and facebook/google/even RPF are not going to protect anyone's identity when the sh!t goes down.

Brian4Liberty
07-27-2012, 08:23 AM
(Book) Faramir wouldn't.

Hmmm, what's the ratio of Isildurs and Boromirs to Faramirs? And wasn't Faramir barely convinced not to take it?

/LotR nerd break ;)

Brian4Liberty
07-27-2012, 08:25 AM
CAPPSII threat assessment score

No doubt.