PDA

View Full Version : Is the Life of a Veteran Worth More Than the Life of a Civilian?

Anti Federalist
07-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Like many things these days, the answer is a confusing and convoluted mess:

Yes, when the veteran dies serving the Empire.

Not so much when the veteran dies getting fragged on a lonely hillside, because the brass knew he was going to shoot off his mouth when he got back home, and that his notoriety would ensure that people listen.

Yes, when the veteran dies in a shooting that can be hawked and barkered in a political sideshow.

Not so much when gunned down by cops in Orlando, Anaheim, Phoenix, NYC, San Diego, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Miami or Houston, to name just a few places.

Or when their dogs get shot by the cops.

Is the Life of a Veteran Worth More Than the Life of a Civilian?

Posted by Laurence Vance on July 25, 2012 05:30 PM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/116406.html

I keep hearing how some of the people killed in Colorado were veterans. President Obama specifically mentioned it in his speech at the VFW convention. Is the life of a veteran worth more than the life of a civilian? It seems like it. We have too many veterans and too many veterans of foreign wars.

JK/SEA
07-25-2012, 07:22 PM
its not who you meet and eat, its who you know and blow.

lx43
07-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Anyone who works for the govt is more important than any civilian who is enslaved to pay taxes.

Pericles
07-25-2012, 09:36 PM
No, but I will say that once been given responsibility for the lives of your fellow citizens, any other task you may be given in life shrinks to insignificance.

Yieu
07-25-2012, 09:51 PM
"The humble sage, by virtue of true knowledge, sees with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater [outcaste]." -- Bhagavad Gita 5:18

If one sees a difference, humility may be recommended.

muzzled dogg
07-25-2012, 09:56 PM
excuse me as i copy your post verbatim to my facebook wall

phill4paul
07-25-2012, 09:57 PM
"Worth" is subjective. Useless question. IMHO.

RickyJ
07-25-2012, 09:57 PM
I love Lawrence Vance. He is one of the few Christian preachers that does not worship the state and the military industrial complex, in other words, he is one of the few preachers in America that is actually a Christian.

oyarde
07-26-2012, 12:00 AM
I would imagine , in the eyes of God, that all souls are equal . That does not mean , in the eyes of man , that we all contribute to one another equally.