PDA

View Full Version : I bumped into a RP Rally in Atlanta!

Mani
11-17-2007, 04:42 PM
I witnessed a Ron Paul rally!

I'm in downtown Atlanta for the weekend. Flew in last night and leaving tomorrow. I was having lunch around 2pm and I noticed some people carrying flags and some signs.

I'm thinking, who could be randomly walking around with those patriotic items, usually just Ron Paul people do that!

Then I noticed the familiar dark blue Ron Paul signs, and I'm, Those are Ron Paul supporters! There's a Ron Paul rally going on!!

I walked outside and a couple blocks away they had gathered. I couldn't tell if there was a particular event they were rallying around or what was the deal. My wife and I had an appt to run to, so we couldn't stay, but it was awesome!

Even on vacation I see Ron Paul support!

hopeforamerica
11-17-2007, 04:49 PM
It's supposed to be the 3rd Nation Wide march today. Phoenix did a smaller scale one in a business district today. Cool that you got to witness one in action unexpectedly! I hope you gave them a shout out.

garrettwombat
11-17-2007, 05:02 PM
i was up there if your talking about at freedom park... we do it every saturday.

ThePieSwindler
11-17-2007, 05:02 PM
we had a table set up here at the georgia tech-UNC game, and a half dozen of us or so ended up talking to dozen of people - i had at least 40+ people voice support and ask for bumper stickers and buttons, and like a half dozen people that had barely heard of him but really liked what he had to say. It KICKED ASS!

ThePieSwindler
11-17-2007, 05:03 PM
i was up there if your talking about at freedom park... we do it every saturday.

Hey, the Georgia-Georgia tech game is this coming saturday... itll be HUGE.. the atlanta meetup groups should show up in full force to help us students out!

Mani
11-17-2007, 05:06 PM

Is freedom park where they have the ice rink and big Christmas tree?

garrettwombat
11-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey, the Georgia-Georgia tech game is this coming saturday... itll be HUGE.. the atlanta meetup groups should show up in full force to help us students out!

ill try to work something out, we already have 5 meetups going on that day around atlanta.

garrettwombat
11-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Is freedom park where they have the ice rink and big Christmas tree?

yup.

ThePieSwindler
11-17-2007, 05:11 PM
ill try to work something out, we already have 5 things going on that day around atlanta.

hmm true.. but this IS a pretty damn big game. I havent asked the meetup groups for assistance because all previous games were able to be covered by 5-6 of us, but this will be alot bigger... any help would be appreciated, even if just a few people come up. We have supplies (though more would be appreciated), but we might not have the manpower to canvass effectively.

garrettwombat
11-17-2007, 05:13 PM
hmm true.. but this IS a pretty damn big game. I havent asked the meetup groups for assistance because all previous games were able to be covered by 5-6 of us, but this will be alot bigger... any help would be appreciated, even if just a few people come up.

ill talk to justin in the atlanta meetup group tomorrow when he gets back from south carolina and see about adding it as an event... are you in the atlanta meetup group or no?

georgia_tech_swagger
11-17-2007, 05:40 PM

I'm driving down for that one ... where will you guys be setup?

Looks to be a great day. We'll either rip down the goalposts or fire Chan Gailey. All while singing the praises of Ron Paul! :D

ThePieSwindler
11-17-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm driving down for that one ... where will you guys be setup?

Looks to be a great day. We'll either rip down the goalposts or fire Chan Gailey. All while singing the praises of Ron Paul! :D

We will be set up on boddy dodd way, right across from the stadium. Youll see our two massive Ron Paul signs.. feel free to come early (3+ hours before the game) and help us talk to tailgaters and students. We've been very successful so far and our consistent presence at every gameday thus far has really gotten ALOT of people interested and talking to us.