PDA

View Full Version : Heard anything about Brent Stafford's trial?

SilenceDewgooder
07-24-2012, 05:38 PM
I thought it was suppose to start today. - Been busy the last few weeks.

sailingaway
07-24-2012, 05:42 PM
I haven't. I'll ask on twitter.

ClydeCoulter
07-24-2012, 06:21 PM
I haven't. I'll ask on twitter.

Any word?

brandon
07-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Removed

ClydeCoulter
07-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Removed. (me: thanks :))

He's a real hero for the movement from St. Charles, MO, that suffered for doing the right thing.

sailingaway
07-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Any word?

I went to check my email for a username and found my email had been hacked. I just finished dealing with that.... I'll ask now.

ClydeCoulter
07-24-2012, 06:39 PM
I went to check my email for a username and found my email had been hacked. I just finished dealing with that.... I'll ask now.

Hacked? How did you know?

kathy88
07-24-2012, 06:59 PM
I've had weird email stuff going on too sailing.

ClydeCoulter
07-24-2012, 07:02 PM
I've had weird email stuff going on too sailing.

What kind of stuff?

kathy88
07-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Like 300 undeliverable messages kicked back that I didn't send.

sailingaway
07-24-2012, 07:07 PM
What kind of stuff?

I couldn't get in with my username and password. I reset it. But I had to go through their customer service to do it.

sailingaway
07-24-2012, 07:08 PM

yahoo?

kathy88
07-24-2012, 07:39 PM
yahoo?

No, Frontier. My ISP through my phone co.

sailingaway
07-24-2012, 07:49 PM
No, Frontier. My ISP through my phone co.

mine is through my phone company too.

CPUd
07-24-2012, 07:51 PM

That doesn't necessarily mean your email acct was hacked. It is incredibly easy for someone to spoof the 'from' address in the headers. They send 3 million mails, some are bound to get bounced back to wherever the recipient server thinks it came from. Which in this unfortunate instance, is your email address.

Barrex
07-24-2012, 07:58 PM
So ISP and e-mail companies are sabotaging Brents trial? Should I panick?
bump

sailingaway
07-24-2012, 08:01 PM
So ISP and e-mail companies are sabotaging Brents trial? Should I panick?
bump

when I get some info on Brent's trial I'll post it. I hope everyone else will do the same.

Barrex
07-24-2012, 08:20 PM
when I get some info on Brent's trial I'll post it. I hope everyone else will do the same.
NOT ENOUGH! I demand to speak with director of internet!!!!.... that is it from me for tonight...I go home...bye.

ClydeCoulter
07-24-2012, 08:22 PM
NOT ENOUGH! I demand to speak with director of internet!!!!.... that is it from me for tonight...I go home...bye.

Good night Barrex, and thanks for the entertaining bumps :)

ClydeCoulter
07-24-2012, 08:23 PM
@sailingaway and kathy88

You might have a virus. Have you ran MalwareBytes lately?

sailingaway
07-24-2012, 09:15 PM
@sailingaway and kathy88

You might have a virus. Have you ran MalwareBytes lately?

I have not. Is it safe?

kathy88
07-24-2012, 09:17 PM
I have and I have jasper sky. No viruses. Barrex you'll have to take it up with Al Gore.

trey4sports
07-24-2012, 09:19 PM
i wish Brent the best. I was there that day, and he will forever be enshrined in the Liberty Hall Of Fame for his heroism. Hell, he's the reason we even had a shot at winning MO.

trey4sports
07-24-2012, 09:21 PM
I have not. Is it safe?

yes, malwarebytes is the best free virus removal tool and is trusted safe. After that, I recommend you use Kaspersky for your antivirus. I've had it nearly three years after switching from AVG and it truly is the best around. You can usually get it free after mail in rebate through select retailers. Just do a google search for kaspersky rebate.

ClydeCoulter
07-24-2012, 09:33 PM
MalwareBytes will even catch outgoing TCP connections from web pages to prevent web sites from making 2ndary connections to pass your info around.

ClydeCoulter
07-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Again, any word on Brent? Nothing on google....

sailingaway
07-24-2012, 09:42 PM
MalwareBytes will even catch outgoing TCP connections from web pages to prevent web sites from making 2ndary connections to pass your info around.

yes, malwarebytes is the best free virus removal tool and is trusted safe. After that, I recommend you use Kaspersky for your antivirus. I've had it nearly three years after switching from AVG and it truly is the best around. You can usually get it free after mail in rebate through select retailers. Just do a google search for kaspersky rebate.

thanks!

And no word yet on Brent

kathy88
07-24-2012, 09:59 PM
I use kaspersky too. It autocorrected

sailingaway
07-24-2012, 10:03 PM

I thought jasper sky was some new malicious download or something.... :p

Yeah, I've been thinking of getting that. I'll look into it.

ClydeCoulter
07-24-2012, 10:03 PM

autocorrected? what's autocorrected?
N/M KerriAnn filled me in, I'm not a smart phone user.

XNavyNuke
07-25-2012, 06:28 AM
As utterly fascinating as the virus thread deviation is ----

Stafford update:
Trial begins for Paul activist accused of trespassing (http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/trial-begins-for-paul-activist-accused-of-trespassing/article_41524e3a-1dd5-533a-9d40-7cc32602b9f2.html)

ST. PETERS • A local leader in Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul's campaign was arrested because he tried to "reorganize and reopen" the unruly St. Charles County GOP caucus March 17 after it disbanded, a St. Peters police officer testified Tuesday.

"He was attempting to keep the people from leaving," Sgt. Tim Hickey said on the opening day of the trial of Brent Stafford, 45, of O'Fallon, Mo., who faces a trespassing charge in municipal court. The trial resumes next Tuesday night.

...stay tuned!

XNN

LostNFoundNTx
07-25-2012, 07:01 AM

It's probably backscatter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backscatter_(e-mail)). For the non-technical person, that means "Bob" sends a thousand emails where the "From" part is falsely stated to be "Alice" (it's just a text field, pretty much any name/email could be put there by anyone). If only 700 email addresses Bob sent to are good, the remaining 300 bounce back to Alice because that's who it says it's from.

CPUd
07-25-2012, 08:54 AM
This doesn't look good : http://wentzville.patch.com/articles/ron-paul-supporters-dokes-scuffle-outside-trespassing-trial

"Republican Chairman Eugene Dokes said a group of Ron Paul supporters shoved and hit his wife; St. Peters Police say it's unclear who started the skirmish."

sailingaway
07-25-2012, 09:47 AM
This doesn't look good : http://wentzville.patch.com/articles/ron-paul-supporters-dokes-scuffle-outside-trespassing-trial

sounds like a late lie. Why didn't that come out in the weeks of interviews he gave after the event?

The man ruined his career acting as he did, and is desperate is what it sounds like to me.

Eagles' Wings
07-25-2012, 10:00 AM
I just called the Freedom Center of Missouri to find out how to donate to Brent's case because I do not do Paypal. Please go to www.mofreedom.org and designate that gift be given to Brent's case.

Also, I am blessed to have talked with Brent's lawyer, Dave Rolland who said he is very optimistic about the case and gave me permission to post our discussion here.

Facts of the case are clear: Brent was not told by the property owner or caucus leaders who were renting the gym that he must leave the property, only the gym. It seems that police acted on their own accord to arrest Brent and charge him with trespassing. It will be hard for police to prove this. There are many witnesses to go through and Dave is optimistic that criminal charges will be dismissed.

Dave also asked all of us to go to the website and read/post comments about the case. The top article on the website it about this case.

This is a grass roots effort that truly needs our money. God Speed Brent

ClydeCoulter
07-25-2012, 10:00 AM
sounds like a late lie. Why didn't that come out in the weeks of interviews he gave after the event?

The man ruined his career acting as he did, and is desperate is what it sounds like to me.

? what's a late lie ?
I think the scuffle happened at the site of the trial yesterday.

Stafford’s trial has been held over until the next municipal court date at 6:30 p.m. July 31.

Barrex
07-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Good news ;)

Re tweeted. Sailingaway could put links for retweet in OP or create blog on front page

Eagles' Wings
07-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Just to clarify donation:

Send check to:
Freedom Center of Missouri
P.O. Box 300464
St. Louis, Missouri 63130

and put Brent's name in memo.

sailingaway
07-25-2012, 10:14 AM
? what's a late lie ?
I think the scuffle happened at the site of the trial yesterday.

Oh, I thought they meant at the caucus.

sailingaway
07-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Just to clarify donation:

Send check to:
Freedom Center of Missouri
P.O. Box 300464
St. Louis, Missouri 63130

and put Brent's name in memo.

this^

thank you, Louise!

Eagles' Wings
07-25-2012, 10:21 AM
@sailingaway and Barrex - thanks to you, too, for keeping Brent on the "front page" where he belongs. This could be any one of us.

SilenceDewgooder
07-25-2012, 10:44 AM
2/3rds of this article had very little to due with Brent but the last paragraph added some insight but nothing decisive.

"Stafford’s trial

Stafford’s trial has been held over until the next municipal court date at 6:30 p.m. July 31.

“Some of the testimony was drawn out,” Stafford told Patch. “I wish we had gotten further along. Some of the questions had to be repeated or rephrased. But the judge said we’ll finish it (on July 31) if we have to go to midnight.”

Stafford commented on Ron Paul supporters donating money to support his legal defense.

“The Missouri Freedom Center isn’t charging me anything for legal representation, but they have costs and the money raised goes to support them,” Stafford said.

He said one fundraising effort paid for a privately supplied court reporter to work at the trial because municipal courts typically do not provide one.

“I’m thankful there’s a lot of people supporting us. These are real constitutional issues that are involved. On one hand, it’s a petty, personal thing against me. But on the other hand, it’s as basic as freedom of speech and freedom of assembly,” Stafford said."

http://stcharles.patch.com/articles/ron-paul-supporters-dokes-scuffle-outside-trespassing-trial

sailingaway
07-25-2012, 10:47 AM
@sailingaway and Barrex - thanks to you, too, for keeping Brent on the "front page" where he belongs. This could be any one of us.

I sure hope it could.

sailingaway
07-25-2012, 10:48 AM
On one hand, it’s a petty, personal thing against me. But on the other hand, it’s as basic as freedom of speech and freedom of assembly,” Stafford said."

http://stcharles.patch.com/articles/ron-paul-supporters-dokes-scuffle-outside-trespassing-trial

repeated for emphasis.

CPUd
07-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Someone from the DP posted this:

I saw the cut on the Paul supporters face. I arrived on the scene, after the fact, while the police were conducting their investigation. He told me he was accosted by Mrs. Dokes. He also told me he was assaulted by Eugene Dokes as well. He was also holding a camera and told me had captured much of the incident on video. If you don't see video of this soon, I would suspect the police are probably holding the camera as evidence. The St. Peters police like to do that ya know ;-)

BTW I happened to catch Dokes leaving the courthouse....He declined to comment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4jphiyVNkI

sailingaway
07-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Someone from the DP posted this:

it would be a first if one of ours hit THEM, it always has been the other way, that I am aware of, although it certainly isn't reported properly.

RonRules
07-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Drives a nice Jag, but I don't want to be stereotypical, so I won't elaborate.