PDA

View Full Version : Crowds gathering in Dallas after Shooting (LIVE)

Tyler_Durden
07-24-2012, 05:18 PM
This is going on right now. Crowds are gathering. Police are calling in SWAT. Reminds me of what happened in Anaheim over the weekend......

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/19103767/police-kill-suspect-in-pleasant-grove

Live link:

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/category/234333/live

Origanalist
07-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Running from cops and shot from behind.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Running from cops and shot from behind.

They say that happened in Tampa the other day. Of course, police accounts don't match other witnesses. And no one is claiming this kid in Tampa shot at anyone, either.

The Goat
07-24-2012, 06:06 PM

sailingaway
07-24-2012, 07:22 PM
from twitter:

Police in riot gear on scene in Southeast Dallas! Crowd yelling and angry! @CW33News pic.twitter.com/Nvd78exr

https://p.twimg.com/Aym1JLiCcAAxTGd.jpg

Katrina Briggs ‏@Trinanowtweets
@GisellePhelps @cw33news I'm watching & this is making me very nervous!! I am not getting a good feeling!!

kathy88
07-24-2012, 07:33 PM
WFAA TV ‏@wfaachannel8
UPDATE: Sheriff's Deputies now backing up DPD as crowds continue to linger near SE Dallas shooting scene.
Collapse
Reply Retweet Favorite

kathy88
07-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Glitter Dog ‏@lolprol
Angry crowds form in Dallas after officer-involved shooting #FTP #ACAB

kathy88
Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews
Police from all across Dallas called to scene of fatal shooting in South Dallas where hundreds have gathered - @dallasnews
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Anti Federalist
Haven't these assholes gone on strike yet?

kathy88
Marcus ‏@OG_Marco
How the police shoot a black dude in Dallas but didn't shoot the white dude in Colorado?
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
1h OVOTravis ‏@ApoCOLElypse
R.I.P. James Harper 31 yr old black man killed by dallas pd. unarmed. You will be missed. RT to show respect.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

kathy88
07-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Chris Van Horne ‏@CVHReports
Can't say I've ever seen this many police cars at something like this. Live NBC5 chopper video: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Possible-Officer-Involved-Shooting-in-Dallas-163617666.html
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

kathy88
07-24-2012, 07:36 PM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2012/07/24/dallas-police-officer-kills-suspect.html

A man was shot and killed by a Dallas police officer on Tuesday, prompting an angry outpouring from the community. Hundreds of people gathered outside of a local grocery store to try to figure out who the victim was, but the police were keeping mum on the man’s identity, according to news reports. The police, some of whom were dressed in riot gear, tried to keep the crowd calm as tensions mounted over the police’s use of deadly force. Before the incident today, Dallas police had been involved in 13 shootings resulting in seven deaths this year.

kathy88
07-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Dallas Police Depart
‏@DallasPD

Follow

7628: Response Teams from the 7 substations have been called to the scene of the shooting for traffic/crowd control

Anti Federalist
07-24-2012, 08:00 PM
If there was ever a time to stay far away from any cops, it's now.

sailingaway
07-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Glitter Dog ‏@lolprol
Angry crowds form in Dallas after officer-involved shooting #FTP #ACAB

Ah.

sailingaway
07-24-2012, 08:07 PM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2012/07/24/dallas-police-officer-kills-suspect.html

wow. Like Anaheim.

hazek
07-24-2012, 08:25 PM
wow. Like Anaheim.

I thought I read somewhere this guy shot at them, if so it was justified this time.

Anti Federalist
07-24-2012, 08:33 PM
I thought I read somewhere this guy shot at them, if so it was justified this time.

Word is that he was unarmed.

But, still in flux.

I stand by my warning, cops are amped up, coast to coast and just itching to blow somebody away right now.

Stay away.

Ronulus
07-24-2012, 09:08 PM
All I know is, stay the hell out of south dallas. There is a reason it has a reputation for being the place you don't want to go.

donnay
07-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Is this Oak Cliff?

James Madison
07-24-2012, 09:13 PM
At least the people in south Dallas are standing up against the cops. Maybe they heard that ICE-T interview from a few days ago.

ZENemy
07-24-2012, 09:20 PM
How odd it is that there is virtually the same exact thing happening in Southern California RIGHT NOW.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/crossxbones

AME3
07-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Some times a false rumor about a "shot in the back" originates from someone seeing a victim rolled over into a prone position (face down) while being examined by EMS or M.E. and a bloody wound is spotted by a curious bystander. The truth however, sometimes is that the posterior (back) injury is an exit wound and the individual was shot from another position. I have personally witnessed this misunderstanding and the resulting spread (unbelievably rapid sometimes too) of such misinformation several times during my professional career of thirty years.

Other times people just make it up to stir up a mob or incite a riot or something. Not saying that's what happened here or in Ca the other day, just pointing out my experience in these regards for your consideration.

ghengis86
07-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Dupe post

ghengis86
07-24-2012, 10:08 PM
It's a hot summer. Draught across the country. People are pushed to their breaking point, have lost everything and have nothing left to lose. Cops are increasingly militarized. Trained and armed by an ever encroaching tyrannical federal government. The tinder is stacked deep and is bone dry.

Keep your wits about you and avoid these situations. If for some reason you're engulfed in it, safely and quickly extricate yourself from the situation. This is not a good sign of things to come.

Mobs of people are inherently dangerous in emotionally charged situations. Whatever happened, street justice is not the best option. It lowers us to their level. Defend yourself, but do not incite a riot.

Shit's getting' real people.

QuickZ06
07-24-2012, 10:11 PM
At least the people in south Dallas are standing up against the cops. Maybe they heard that ICE-T interview from a few days ago.

He surprised the crap out of me, talking 2nd amendment, less gun laws, more guns in the hands of american people. Guy was solid.

mport1
07-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Let's hope the protests stay peaceful so they can really show the cops for the thugs they are.

Pericles
07-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Is this Oak Cliff?

Pleasant Grove

Think of Oak Cliff as basically south of I-30 and west of I-35 and the Grove as south of I-30 and east of I-45.

If you find yourself south of I-30 and you are in Dallas County, you are not where you want to be. in fact, with few exceptions, if you are south of the northern part of I-635, you are wrong.

Cleaner44
07-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Chris Van Horne ‏@CVHReports
Can't say I've ever seen this many police cars at something like this. Live NBC5 chopper video: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Possible-Officer-Involved-Shooting-in-Dallas-163617666.html
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Notice that the dead guy is cast as a criminal and that he "had a wad of cash in his pocket" which certainly means he was an outlaw...

When cash is outlawed, only outlaws will have cash.

Pericles
07-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Notice that the dead guy is cast as a criminal and that he "had a wad of cash in his pocket" which certainly means he was an outlaw...

If he was a fine upstanding citizen, he would just have had his EBT card. Only criminals carry cash.

LibertyEagle
07-24-2012, 11:23 PM
It's a hot summer. Draught across the country. People are pushed to their breaking point, have lost everything and have nothing left to lose. Cops are increasingly militarized. Trained and armed by an ever encroaching tyrannical federal government. The tinder is stacked deep and is bone dry.

Keep your wits about you and avoid these situations. If for some reason you're engulfed in it, safely and quickly extricate yourself from the situation. This is not a good sign of things to come.

Mobs of people are inherently dangerous in emotionally charged situations. Whatever happened, street justice is not the best option. It lowers us to their level. Defend yourself, but do not incite a riot.

Shit's getting' real people.

Draught is beer from a cask.

Drought is low rainfall.

:p :)

If there really was draught across the country, people would at least be a lot happier. lol

donnay
07-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Pleasant Grove

Think of Oak Cliff as basically south of I-30 and west of I-35 and the Grove as south of I-30 and east of I-45.

If you find yourself south of I-30 and you are in Dallas County, you are not where you want to be. in fact, with few exceptions, if you are south of the northern part of I-635, you are wrong.

Gotcha! I know exactly where you are talking about. Is Al Lipscomb and John Wylie Price still around?

donnay
07-25-2012, 12:05 AM

When cash is outlawed, only outlaws will have cash.

Now if he was carrying a pocket Constitution, he would be considered the head of a domestic terrorist organization.

kcchiefs6465
07-25-2012, 01:04 AM
Draught is beer from a cask.

Drought is low rainfall.

:p :)

If there really was draught across the country, people would at least be a lot happier. lol
lol should be Lol. :p Seriously, grammar and spelling 'nazis' annoy me to the point of replying. We all understood the point that the poster was trying to relay. No need to assert internet 'superiorty' by going through a poster's spelling/grammar with a fine tooth comb. I think corrections are more of a pet peeve to me than, "they're, their, there" typos/mistakes. Thank you for the lesson though, in a summer's drought, I need a draught.

Pericles
07-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Gotcha! I know exactly where you are talking about. Is Al Lipscomb and John Wylie Price still around?

Funny you should ask: http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Federal-agents-at-the-home-of-John-Wiley-Price--124595889.html

The tipping point seemed to be when the recently elected Mayor refused to use the service of a buddy of Price's for political consulting on his campaign.

and on the other one http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/06/18/former-dallas-councilman-al-lipscomb-dies-at-86/

Philhelm
07-25-2012, 08:01 AM
lol should be Lol. :p Seriously, grammar and spelling 'nazis' annoy me to the point of replying. We all understood the point that the poster was trying to relay. No need to assert internet 'superiorty' by going through a poster's spelling/grammar with a fine tooth comb. I think corrections are more of a pet peeve to me than, "they're, their, there" typos/mistakes. Thank you for the lesson though, in a summer's drought, I need a draught.

Superiority... :toady:

Pericles
07-25-2012, 08:08 AM

Because I'm an old fart, and therefore unworthy of your notice, I would just mention to the other candid readers, that we tend to view the ability to use the proper word (and its correct spelling) as a sign of education. I tend to give more credence to the opinions of the educated, than I do to the ignorant.

FindLiberty
07-25-2012, 08:22 AM
...give more credence to the opinions of the educated, than I do to the ignorant.

Allwayz Bekairfool ov Slicksters – they can spell too.

libertyjam
07-25-2012, 08:23 AM

Lipsomb was convicted and died about a year ago, JWP made County Commissioner is under investigation and about to be indicted. http://www.dallasobserver.com/related/to/John+Wiley+Price/