PDA

View Full Version : A Second 'Person of Interest' Was Interviewed in Aurora

donnay
07-24-2012, 10:24 AM
A Second 'Person of Interest' Was Interviewed in Aurora

Connor Simpson
The Atlantic Wire (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/second-person-interest-interviewed-aurora-142934285.html)
Sun, 22 Jul 2012 00:00 CDT

News broke Saturday night that Aurora police were sent a message electronically threatening more violence if James Holmes wasn't released from prison. Police found and interviewed him on Saturday, but he hasn't been charged with anything in connection with the crime.

This Fox Denver affiliate reports police received a message electronically that threatened more violence if Holmes wasn't released from prison. No one has released his name because he hasn't been charged with anything. But, according to the person's Facebook page, he has a master's in biomedical science, and Anshutz Medical Center confirmed he was in the same program Holmes withdrew from a month ago. ABC News Denver reports authorities traced the message to a router in Aurora, but it's uncertain whether the message was sent natively or whether someone routed it through there. He was picked up by police and interviewed Saturday afternoon.

Aurora police said there's "no reason to believe" the person was involved with the crime at all, but that they did learn more information about James Holmes from the interview. Police were able to get past the first line of defenses in Holmes' booby-trapped apartment yesterday. "This apartment was designed to kill. If you think we're mad, we're sure as hell angry," police said at a press conference on Saturday. The trip wire set when you enter the apartment was designed to kill the first person to enter the room. Police said there was evidence of "some calculation and deliberation," in the apartment.

Bruno
07-24-2012, 10:38 AM
That person of interest will soon disappear from mention just like the 2nd suspect in the Oklahoma City bombing.

donnay
07-24-2012, 11:15 AM
//

phill4paul
07-24-2012, 11:28 AM
That person of interest will soon disappear from mention just like the 2nd suspect in the Oklahoma City bombing.

And the Arizona shooting.

dannno
07-24-2012, 11:34 AM
And the Kennedy Assassination.

And there was that pesky third gunman at Columbine.

jmdrake
07-24-2012, 11:39 AM
....and the underwear bomber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WDvLs4YdQ8

Tod
07-24-2012, 11:45 AM
This apartment was designed to kill.

Bbzzzzzzz!

False statement: the fact that Holmes notified them in advance that it was booby trapped shows that he did not intend to kill anyone, only to "terrorize" people.

John F Kennedy III
07-24-2012, 11:57 AM

And the Arizona shooting.

And the Kennedy Assassination.

And there was that pesky third gunman at Columbine.

....and the underwear bomber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WDvLs4YdQ8

Funny how that always happens.

Kelly.
07-24-2012, 11:59 AM
and the underwear bomber

thoughtomator
07-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Bbzzzzzzz!

False statement: the fact that Holmes notified them in advance that it was booby trapped shows that he did not intend to kill anyone, only to "terrorize" people.

That presumes Holmes set the traps. Why would someone set an elaborate trap only to warn the very people who the trap was made to kill?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-24-2012, 12:25 PM
That presumes Holmes set the traps. Why would someone set an elaborate trap only to warn the very people who the trap was made to kill?

That was my first thought... actually got me started looking into the fishiness of this whole thing. Prior to hearing of that, I was just following right along. Now I've reads the threads here and elsewhere and and there are plenty of things that are odd.

Revolution9
07-24-2012, 12:36 PM

My bet is the stocky guy seen running to the apartment with him that night was the idea guy for the boobytraps. He fits a military/ex-military profile..stocky and a proclivity for green shirts.. I am thinking the guy from Anschluz maybe knows something about James being set up? He is educated and obviously of deft intellect. Why message the police with threats?? This whole affair has too many bloody strange loose ends and weird reactions to it.

Rev9

Bruno
07-24-2012, 12:38 PM
My bet is the stocky guy seen running to the apartment with him that night was the idea guy for the boobytraps. He fits a military/ex-military profile..stocky and a proclivity for green shirts.. I am thinking the guy from Anschluz maybe knows something about James being set up? He is educated and obviously of deft intellect. Why message the police with threats?? This whole affair has too many bloody strange loose ends and weird reactions to it.

Rev9

Odd, a guy so smart yet he doesn't know that the police would be able to track him down so quickly from his threatening email to them.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Odd, a guy so smart yet he doesn't know that the police would be able to track him down so quickly from his threatening email to them.

Are we sure they are saying that is the same person who allegedly made the threats?

ABC News Denver reports authorities traced the message to a router in Aurora, but it's uncertain whether the message was sent natively or whether someone routed it through there. He was picked up by police and interviewed Saturday afternoon.

Aurora police said there's "no reason to believe" the person was involved with the crime at all

So this person either admitted sending the threats, or they don't know where they came from. I have a hard time believing they wouldn't arrest someone sending them threats, even under regular circumstances.

emazur
07-24-2012, 02:06 PM
The apartment came within an inch of killing someone (and if it was rigged extensively enough, possibly quite a few someones). TLDR: very loud music started playing around the times of the shooting, a neighbor went to the door and almost opened it but decided not to:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/police-use-fire-truck-ladder-and-camera-to-peer-into-apartment-of-colo-movie-shooting-suspect/2012/07/20/gJQAJkrrxW_story.html

Kaitlyn Fonzi, 20, a graduate student at University Hospital, said she lives in the apartment below that of the suspect.

About midnight, Fonzi said she heard like techno-like, deep-based reverberating music coming from that unit apartment. She went upstairs to the suspect’s place and put her hand on the door handle. She felt it was unlocked, but she didn’t know if he was there and decided not to confront him.

“I yelled out and told him I was going to call the cops and went back to my apartment,” she said.

Fonzi called police, who told her they were busy with a shooting and did not have time to respond to a noise disturbance. She said she was surprised to learn later that the apartment was booby trapped and was shaken by the news.

“I’m concerned if I had opened the door, I would have set it off,” she said.

You can try and twist it into a conspiracy theory that he didn't set off the loud music in order to kill neighbors or apartment personnel who'd try to enter the apartment to shut off the music, and that his real intent was to kill police who would enter so warning them about it was obviously a false flag. Nobody has to accept this theory b/c the bottom line is that the man was willing to kill indiscriminately and the booby troops nearly added onto what he already accomplished. There would have been no point in turning on the loud music other than to lure somebody in and have them killed with a trap (sooner or later, whether music was playing or not, cops would have entered his building)

Bruno
07-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Are we sure they are saying that is the same person who allegedly made the threats?

threats?

So this person either admitted sending the threats, or they don't know where they came from. I have a hard time believing they wouldn't arrest someone sending them threats, even under regular circumstances.

Yes, according to the article, it is the same person who reportedly sent the email. The police state they don't believe he was associted with the crime (i.e., the theater shooting).

phill4paul
07-24-2012, 02:23 PM
And yet he warned them about this. If he had made this set up then wouldn't he, in his mind, think that it was a done deal? Possibly he was fishing for conformation? I dunno, there is much parsing yet to do.

The apartment came within an inch of killing someone (and if it was rigged extensively enough, possibly quite a few someones). TLDR: very loud music started playing around the times of the shooting, a neighbor went to the door and almost opened it but decided not to:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/police-use-fire-truck-ladder-and-camera-to-peer-into-apartment-of-colo-movie-shooting-suspect/2012/07/20/gJQAJkrrxW_story.html

You can try and twist it into a conspiracy theory that he didn't set off the loud music in order to kill neighbors or apartment personnel who'd try to enter the apartment to shut off the music, and that his real intent was to kill police who would enter so warning them about it was obviously a false flag. Nobody has to accept this theory b/c the bottom line is that the man was willing to kill indiscriminately and the booby troops nearly added onto what he already accomplished. There would have been no point in turning on the loud music other than to lure somebody in and have them killed with a trap (sooner or later, whether music was playing or not, cops would have entered his building)

Bruno
07-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I don't get the "Hey, I went through weeks of painstaking trouble and details to boobytrap my entire apartment, don't go in there, you'll get blown up.

Except perhaps I think it was MelissaWV that commented he might have wanted to be recognized for how intricitate his devices were, which is what has ended up happening.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I don't get the "Hey, I went through weeks of painstaking trouble and details to boobytrap my entire apartment, don't go in there, you'll get blown up.

Except perhaps I think it was MelissaWV that commented he might have wanted to be recognized for how intricitate his devices were, which is what has ended up happening.

Legit theory at this point. Although, I haven't heard much specifically, and expect cops to act like any booby trap is a giant puzzle of magnificence.

Revolution9
07-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Legit theory at this point. Although, I haven't heard much specifically, and expect cops to act like any booby trap is a giant puzzle of magnificence.

Since plastic explosives can be made with dog crap and bleach they could say anybody with a dog and a bottle of bleach had bomb making materials.

Rev9