PDA

View Full Version : When is the audit vote scheduled for?

brandon
07-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Sorry if dupe thread. THe vote is today, right? Is it scheduled for a certain time, or is it just whenever congress gets around to it?

Prophet Muhammad
07-24-2012, 07:42 AM
July 24th

http://www.democraticunderground.com/111619052

brandon
07-24-2012, 07:43 AM
derp

odamn
07-24-2012, 07:53 AM
In just the last few hours, C4L received word that the vote on H.R. 459, the Audit the Fed bill, could be moved to this Wednesday, July 25, with debate on the legislation still expected to start tomorrow (Tuesday).

No matter when the final vote comes, it’s clear that time is running out to secure all the support we can for Audit the Fed.

With a vote that could likely come any time in the next two days, you and I must keep the pressure on.

So if you haven’t yet contacted Congress, please leave a message with your representative’s office tonight and call back to make sure the staff received it as soon as you can tomorrow.

If you’ve already called, you can still follow up with an email, fax, or one more call to make it clear how strongly you believe in this issue.

Even if your representative is already a cosponsor, it’s critical to send a reminder you expect them to support the bill all the way through final passage.

Be sure to stay tuned to www.CampaignForLiberty.org for the latest on the Audit the Fed vote!

brandon
07-24-2012, 07:59 AM
TY

QWDC
07-24-2012, 09:39 AM
If it is voted on today, though, it appears you should expect it around 2:45.

tsai3904
07-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Many sources are now saying it will be debated on today but voted on tomorrow.

We have all day today to contact our Reps.

Tinnuhana
07-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Surely, like last time, Bernanke will be working overtime having private meetings with TPTB in congress, telling them how disastrous it would be to pass the bill. I'd make it a point to let the representatives know that you're aware of this and that we would not appreciate them being part of the destruction of the US economy. I'm still waiting for a reply from my cosponsoring congressman (Bass-NH).

Kylie
07-24-2012, 12:43 PM
Ron is on C-Span right now talking about it.

Saw of fb that the vote is at 4 pm today, but i see the offshore drilling up right now.

Kylie
07-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Called my congressman, had the husband do the same. We threatened Costello back in 07 on the tarp bill, and it worked. He voted no. So im hoping that it will work again and he will vote yes this time. Unfortunately he is jot running again, so its a crap shoot how he will vote.