PDA

View Full Version : Statesmen calls Dr. Paul's efforts to end the FED "Fruitless"

truthspeaker
07-21-2012, 06:06 PM
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20120720/OPINION/307200017/Ron-Paul-s-effort-end-Fed-ends-fruitlessly

Quotes from article:

<<Ron Paul ran for president three times, served nearly a quarter-century in Congress, spawned a national movement and saw his son elected to the Senate.

But in his singular objective — to “End the Fed,” as the title of his book put it — the libertarian obstetrician from Texas failed. He didn’t even make a dent in it. In a valedictory Wednesday before Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and his colleagues on the House Financial Services Committee, Paul raised the white flag.>>

<<For the fiery Paul, it was a subdued surrender. His colleagues — Democrats and Republicans alike — used this final hearing to honor Paul for his passionate service, treating him with the cautious affection one might use to address a crazy uncle.>>

<<Paul didn’t really argue with Bernanke; he used his time to deliver mini-lectures. In his first five-minute question period, he outspoke Bernanke eight words to one. Paul then got a second question period, yielded to him by Rep. Walter Jones, R-N.C., in a development the chairman drolly described as “pleasantly unexpected.” The Paul to Bernanke word ratio this time was 12 to 1.

Bernanke, arms folded in front of him, declined to be provoked. “There’s no constitutional reason why Congress couldn’t just take over monetary policy,” he said. “But I’m advising you that it wouldn’t be very good from an economic policy point of view.”>>

Teenager For Ron Paul
08-09-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm advising the Bernank that I don't give a fuck from a rational point of view.