PDA

View Full Version : Ron for VP?

sailingaway
07-21-2012, 12:50 PM
I disagree on Ron not having 5 states to be nominated as president nominee, from the floor, I agree with those who say binding has no impact on the NOMINATION just the ballot vote. However:

http://lewrockwell.com/orig13/oliva4.1.1.html

Schifference
07-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Ron Paul could do more for the cause as VP than as Retiree

alucard13mmfmj
07-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Ron Paul could do more for the cause as VP than as Retiree

i agree. Even if media and romney doesnt let him do anything or appear anywhere, it helps the morale that we got one of our guys up there and his supporters didnt do hundreds of millions of hours of work for possibly nothing.

as VP, he should have 1-3 national speaking time on national/international TV every year. he can address and educate millions of people on freedom and liberty.

VP is not a stressful role as well. you pretty much just sit behind the president and sleep. just think of VP being a transition phase before retiring. hectic congressman/running for president -> chill VP role (or he can work hard as VP) -> retirement.

There might be at least 1 VP debate so he gets national TV time too. ALTHOUGH, the problem is Ron and Romney has totally different views.... I dont know how would Ron explain why he should be VP under Romney. Ron would have to lie through his teeth or deflect it to another subject matter.

A lot of people won't like it and would see it as tarnishing his reputation and legacy.

Schifference
07-21-2012, 02:10 PM
He is there to add balance and perspective to the office and represent the republic