PDA

View Full Version : Washington GOP creates controvery over mailer endorsment

sailingaway
07-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Backing a PCO candidate against a Ron Paul supporting candidate in the primary -- unheard of, apparently.

http://www.examiner.com/article/washington-gop-creates-controvery-over-mailer-endorsment

surf
07-21-2012, 12:49 PM
they are bastards here. not sure if i can stay as one of them.

it's pretty clear that the party can not endorse someone in the primary election. one of my buddies is being constested by two others. haven't head of a mailing but wouldn't surprise me. there are so goddamn few of us here - though just about everyone hates war and has a bit of an affinity for civil liberties, these neocon bumblef#cks fight us every step of the way.

they proudly point to Dave Reichert, the guy that didnt catch the green-river killer and who voted for cap and trade, as a feather in their caps on the west-side of the mountains. i'm glad i'm not in his district anymore but the R candidate we have sucks just as much as Reichert (who still hasn't cosponsored audit-the-fed and supports global war).

sailingaway
07-21-2012, 12:52 PM
they want to drive you out. Giving them that satisfaction would be a pity.

cajuncocoa
07-21-2012, 01:03 PM
According to some, this is not an isolated incident but a growing trend to push away the growingliberty movement (http://www.libertarianism.com/content/the-liberty-movement/lib_mov) within the Republican Party.Well, well, well. Hate to say it, but I told you so.

Monotaur
07-21-2012, 01:23 PM
they are bastards here. not sure if i can stay as one of them.

it's pretty clear that the party can not endorse someone in the primary election. one of my buddies is being constested by two others. haven't head of a mailing but wouldn't surprise me. there are so goddamn few of us here - though just about everyone hates war and has a bit of an affinity for civil liberties, these neocon bumblef#cks fight us every step of the way.

they proudly point to Dave Reichert, the guy that didnt catch the green-river killer and who voted for cap and trade, as a feather in their caps on the west-side of the mountains. i'm glad i'm not in his district anymore but the R candidate we have sucks just as much as Reichert (who still hasn't cosponsored audit-the-fed and supports global war).

It may be a long shot, but have you ever thought of running?

surf
07-21-2012, 01:46 PM
i am a pco w/o an opponent - this time. i've considered running for something.

Monotaur
07-21-2012, 05:16 PM
i am a pco w/o an opponent - this time. i've considered running for something.

Excellent! I have also considered running for something (I did run for a precinct committee person position, but I mean something bigger).

Good luck in the future!

Victor Grey
07-21-2012, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't get too upset, these sort of actions can easily be turned publicly to bite them back square right in the ass.

The average voter never likes to claim they support the establishment. Work the angle.

These tactics will backfire. Look at it from unbiased objectivity. It's moves of desperation. One campaign ad and some newspaper editorial letters about the establishment's desperation and how it's "hurting" to the party, a candidate could return this with a political backhand and watch the tears.

I'd so rather they bleed money this way than using it some other manner.

JK/SEA
07-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Check out the Reagan wing site. https://thereaganwing.wordpress.com/ Doug Parris is kicking ass on the establishment locals in KING county.

I was just elected a PCO. It was automatic as no one ran against me. Just waiting for the next battle.

FSP-Rebel
07-21-2012, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't get too upset, these sort of actions can easily be turned publicly to bite them back square right in the ass.

The average voter never likes to claim they support the establishment. Work the angle.

These tactics will backfire. Look at it from unbiased objectivity. It's moves of desperation. One campaign ad and some newspaper editorial letters about the establishment's desperation and how it's "hurting" to the party, a candidate could return this with a political backhand and watch the tears.

I'd so rather they bleed money this way than using it some other manner.
Word. I've noticed this a lot in the situation going on in MI 11 where the insiders are trying to sabotage Bentivolio. During my recent sig collecting missions, I've made a point to explain the nuts and bolts of this ordeal to any republican I can get w/i my reach. Out of the many scores I've talked to recently, all but a few were flat out pissed about what the establishment was pulling. I've spoken to their level, never injected the Paul name, just used a lot of anti-insider language w/ points about how Palin usually backs upcoming conservatives and throw the Reagan name around. They eat it up like kids in a candy store. The few that took some umbrage to my seeming attacks at the party leadership get neutralized and often converted by the meme of the Bible saying that we need to clean our own house before suggesting others do the same. Works like magic.

tsai3904
07-21-2012, 08:19 PM
These PCO elections are VERY important in Washington. Since there are no write-in votes allowed, any vacant PCO position can only be filled by the County GOP after all the new PCOs are elected. So whoever controls the County GOP will control who gets to be appointed to any vacant PCO position in the future.

If you are in Washington and want to help campaign, ask around.

Carehn
07-21-2012, 11:28 PM
LOL

They did the same thing in Bannock county Idaho this year... Against a few of us running for PC.

RabbitMan
07-22-2012, 01:49 AM
Bump for having become a PCO this year in the 36th! Woo hoo!

Origanalist
07-22-2012, 06:37 AM
Backing a PCO candidate against a Ron Paul supporting candidate in the primary -- unheard of, apparently.

http://www.examiner.com/article/washington-gop-creates-controvery-over-mailer-endorsment

Crap, have to get on facebook to comment on the article. I don't facebook. I am starting to really not like this State more all the time. Oh yeah, and fuck Kirby Wilber.