PDA

View Full Version : RP Needs To Distance Himself From Nov. 5th Kooks

libertygrl
11-17-2007, 01:46 PM
This came from a conservative from another forum:

... if Paul wants more respect from mainstream conservative voices-and to date there's no evidence that he does-then perhaps he should disassociate himself from the kooks who organize things like a Guy Fawkes fund-raiser, try to find someone more credible Alex Jones to tout his presidential campaign on the airwaves, and explain why he won't return contributions from white supremacists like Don Black-or, at the very least, denounce him while he's cashing those checks....

First of all, could someone please claify the Nov. 5th fundraiser. I thought it had to do with "V" for Vandetta rather than Guy Fawkes Day. And how do I explain that it has nothing to do with terrorism?

Also, this is the first I've heard about white supremacists and that Ron Paul won't give back the money. Is this true?

Kregener
11-17-2007, 01:54 PM
The MSM ignoring has nothing to do with the Nov 5th fund raising drive. Explain their silence BEFORE that event.

RP scares the HELL out of the establishment elite.

Goldwater Conservative
11-17-2007, 02:12 PM
First of all, could someone please claify the Nov. 5th fundraiser. I thought it had to do with "V" for Vandetta rather than Guy Fawkes Day. And how do I explain that it has nothing to do with terrorism?

You're right. The YouTube video that spawned the idea was all about V for Vendetta, and that movie's resolution, which took place on Nov. 5 in the movie and was what the "remember, remember" refrain was all about, was peaceful.

Besides, Guy Fawkes Day commemorates the thwarting of the Gunpowder Plot, not its near-execution.

I also find it funny, in a sad way, that libertarians, who base their philosophy on opposition to coercion and respect for property rights, have been linked to violence and anarchy, when it's those doing the criticizing who support wars of aggression and the occupation of entire foreign nations. Orwell would be proud.

Also, this is the first I've heard about white supremacists and that Ron Paul won't give back the money. Is this true?

It's true. Paul only gives back money that is illegally contributed. He doesn't discriminate based on the views of his supporters. He has openly disavowed racism and fascism (think about it, he's against collectivism and statism), and has said that if people who support such views still want to donate to him, then let them... it's a free market, after all.

And why not demand Giuliani, Romney, or Hillary return the money they've raised from racists, fascists, criminals, etc.? In the midst of all the money they've raised, I'm sure there have been "let's bomb all the brown people" racists who have donated to Giuliani and "La Raza" racists who have donated to Hillary.

But of course, people only focus on Paul, simply because they dislike his politics, so they use Orwellian tactics to portray him as being the opposite of the liberty-loving champion of the Constitution that he is. Pathetic.

klamath
11-17-2007, 02:15 PM
This racist donated to Bush and Bush didn't return it.

Ozwest
11-17-2007, 02:24 PM
There must be a lot of "kooks" out there, because whilst other campaigns lose their support base and struggle to maintain their fundraising levels, Ron Pauls campaign goes from strength to strength. Beware the "kooks!"

torchbearer
11-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Kooks raise too much money, get rid of them. Its better to have a poor campaign that isn't going anywhere so the media will be appeased and the neocons can sleep better at night.

We need to just shut up and obey every command the media gives us because they speak for everyone. /sarcasm

pcosmar
11-17-2007, 03:01 PM
This came from a conservative from another forum:

... if Paul wants more respect from mainstream conservative voices-and to date there's no evidence that he does-then perhaps he should disassociate himself from the kooks who organize things like a Guy Fawkes fund-raiser, try to find someone more credible Alex Jones to tout his presidential campaign on the airwaves, and explain why he won't return contributions from white supremacists like Don Black-or, at the very least, denounce him while he's cashing those checks....

Don't worry about it, That is not a thinking Conservative, that is an Ostrich.

libertygrl
11-17-2007, 03:14 PM
You're right. The YouTube video that spawned the idea was all about V for Vendetta, and that movie's resolution, which took place on Nov. 5 in the movie and was what the "remember, remember" refrain was all about, was peaceful.

Besides, Guy Fawkes Day commemorates the thwarting of the Gunpowder Plot, not its near-execution.

I also find it funny, in a sad way, that libertarians, who base their philosophy on opposition to coercion and respect for property rights, have been linked to violence and anarchy, when it's those doing the criticizing who support wars of aggression and the occupation of entire foreign nations. Orwell would be proud.

It's true. Paul only gives back money that is illegally contributed. He doesn't discriminate based on the views of his supporters. He has openly disavowed racism and fascism (think about it, he's against collectivism and statism), and has said that if people who support such views still want to donate to him, then let them... it's a free market, after all.

And why not demand Giuliani, Romney, or Hillary return the money they've raised from racists, fascists, criminals, etc.? In the midst of all the money they've raised, I'm sure there have been "let's bomb all the brown people" racists who have donated to Giuliani and "La Raza" racists who have donated to Hillary.

But of course, people only focus on Paul, simply because they dislike his politics, so they use Orwellian tactics to portray him as being the opposite of the liberty-loving champion of the Constitution that he is. Pathetic.

All excellent points. Thanks for clarifying, but didn't "V" set out to do something similar toward the end of the movie? I do recall the explosions at the end. I don't see how referenceing this movie will make Conservatives feel any better! ;0

Well, I think we were all aware that the hit pieces will come on even stronger now that RP is gaining momentum.

First they ignore you. (yep)
Then they ridicule you. (yep)
Then they fight you. (I think we are in the early stages of this)
Then you win! (Hope Ghandi is right!)

jgmaynard
11-17-2007, 03:35 PM
I GUARANTEE you that if I went through the FEC records of Guiliani, Hillary, Romney, whoever, I could find at least one numbnuts who donated to them.

JM

Goldwater Conservative
11-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks for clarifying, but didn't "V" set out to do something similar toward the end of the movie?

He did kill a couple of the crooked people at the top, but that's it. Also, there was more to the movie than V, who himself is not meant to be a clear "good guy" or "bad guy" (at least if we go by the original graphic novel, but even in the movie this is somewhat true). When the time came and all the people "remembered, remembered", they revolted peacefully. That's what the YouTube video emphasized, and nothing about the This Nov. 5th website even referenced the film or Guy Fawkes, if I recall correctly. They were just taking advantage of a catchy slogan recognizable from a popular movie about fighting totalitarianism.

By the way, I hated the movie. I think the Matrix brothers really sold out with that one.

lucius
11-17-2007, 04:02 PM
...By the way, I hated the movie. I think the Matrix brothers really sold out with that one.

Agreed!

Man from La Mancha
11-17-2007, 04:08 PM
By the way, I hated the movie. I think the Matrix brothers really sold out with that one
Disagree, I loved that movie.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)..http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8947/brighton7gs5.gif (teaparty07.com)..copy,paste,linked to teaparty07.com , either one, only 1 million people at $100

Goldwater Conservative
11-17-2007, 04:18 PM

I think its biggest shortcomings were not making V a morally ambiguous enough figure and having a very weak ending. I just felt it had so much more potential than was actually realized, and I sense that was a conscious decision to increase its commercial appeal.

lucius
11-17-2007, 04:20 PM

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)..http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8947/brighton7gs5.gif (teaparty07.com)..copy,paste,linked to teaparty07.com , either one, only 1 million people at $100

'V' not reviewed per se but good insight as well, 'Hoodwinked: Watching Movies with Eyes Wide Open': http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0971004226/sr=1-5/qid=1195337474/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1195337474&sr=1-5&seller=

Five Star Review by Solari Action Network Broadcast, November 18, November 26, 2004
By C. A. Fitts "Catherine Austin Fitts" (Hickory Valley, Tennessee) - See all my reviews

In 1998, in the hopes of staying alive, I went on a reading binge to try to understand the political economy and the devastation it was wrecking on the real economy -- including my company and me. I read about 1,000 books in a three year period, consuming many more articles and lots of cassettes and videos. By 2000, I figured out that distilling things down to the "best of" was what a lot of my friends and family needed. Finally, I realized that most of what I had learned could be accessed quickly by simply watching movies. The truth was lying in wait down at the local video store for anyone who wanted it.

As things turned out, my favorite movie reviewer turned out to be Uri Dowbenko, a writer, artist and publicist par excellence who lives in Montana with his beautiful family in a home right out of a scene from "A River Runs Through It" -- which was indeed filmed nearby. Uri had a successful career in LA, saw the writing on the wall and moved outside the political economy.

After sweeping up his stories on corruption and crime in high places, "Bushwhacked: Inside Stories of True Conspiracy," Uri has published a collection of his movie reviews published over the years on the Internet. It's called "Hoodwinked: Watching Movies with Eyes Wide Open."

Uri's biting movie reviews always illuminate "the real deal" on a movie and how a particular movie tells you the truth that you will never hear on network news. Warning -- these are not for the faint of heart or folks who think we can fix things in the next election.

Uri's reviews cover numerous movies that Solari recommends to investment strategy and risk management clients who are far too busy hanging out with their lovely families or running useful businesses to read 1,000 books -- including, Enemy of the State, Anti-Trust, Eyes Wide Shut, Swordfish, Conspiracy Theory, Bulworth and Wag the Dog.

For those who want a highly opinionated, highly entertaining "real deal" movie guide, you can buy copies of "Hoodwinked" at all the usual places or call Uri at Liberty Press toll free at 1-866-317.1390.

Catherine Austin Fitts
Solari Action Network
http://www.solari.com

Catherine Austin Fitts CV: http://www.solari.com/about/ca_fitts.html

Man from La Mancha
11-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Hoodwinked sounds like a great way to find hidden meaning. But on a more superficial level, I just liked the peaceful resolution of awakened people taking back their liberties. And these 2 quotes.

"A revolution without dancing isn't one worth having." Ron is always telling us to have fun with all this.

"Beneath this mask lies an idea, and ideas are bulletproof."

lucius
11-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Hoodwinked sounds like a great way to find hidden meaning. But on a more superficial level, I just liked the peaceful resolution of awakened people taking back their liberties. And these 2 quotes.

"A revolution without dancing isn't one worth having." Ron is always telling us to have fun with all this.

"Beneath this mask lies an idea, and ideas are bulletproof."

Well put!

angelatc
11-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Eyes Wide Shut? I must have missed the message in that one.

libertygrl
11-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Eyes Wide Shut? I must have missed the message in that one.

I think it had to do with The Illuminati - or at least some sort of secret society.

I thought "V" was entertaining. I never read the graphic novel so I really can't compare. But I did like some of those memorable lines as well. And now they have an even deeper meaning as I help out with the RP campaign:

V
You see? You cannot kill me.
There is no flesh and blood within
this cloak to kill. There is only
an idea.

V smiles.

V
And ideas are bulletproof. ALSO.....

EVEY
Since mankind's dawn a handful of
oppressors have accepted the
responsibility over our lives,
responsibility that we should have
accepted ourselves. By doing so,
they took our power. By doing
nothing, we gave it away.

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/V-for-Vendetta.html

Paul4Prez
11-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Here's a response:

98,344 people have donated to Ron Paul since October 1st. There's bound to be a few kooks in there.

jenninlouisiana
11-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Since the donation form doesn't ask "are you a racist (etc)", how exactly is Paul supposed to identify money that other people have decided he needs to give back.

Frankly, I think it is best to ignore these kinds of people. People will come around to Ron Paul on their own timetable and to say something like "giving back racist money" will hasten that process is just ridiculous.

It goes back to the concept that you don't dignify stupidity with a response....

torchbearer
11-17-2007, 07:38 PM
If Ron Paul gives someone their donation back he has denied them their right to participate in the political process. Do these people suggest that since they don't like a certain group of people that they don't have the right to participate in the political process?