PDA

View Full Version : Alarming rise in whooping cough cases, in vaccinated children.

Anti Federalist
07-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Whoopsie.

CDC: Whooping cough rising at alarming rate in US

http://thedailynewsonline.com/lifestyles/article_17ee0062-d200-11e1-ade9-0019bb2963f4.html

MIKE STOBBE,AP Medical Writer The Daily News Online | 0 comments

ATLANTA (AP) — The U.S. appears headed for its worst year for whooping cough in more than five decades, with the number of cases rising at an epidemic rate that experts say may reflect a problem with the effectiveness of the vaccine.

Nearly 18,000 cases have been reported so far — more than twice the number seen at this point last year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday. At this pace, the number for the entire year will be the highest since 1959, when 40,000 illnesses were reported.

Nine children have died, and health officials called on adults — especially pregnant women and those who spend time around children — to get a booster shot as soon as possible.

"My biggest concern is for the babies. They're the ones who get hit the hardest," said Mary Selecky, chief of the health department in Washington, one of the states with the biggest outbreaks. Washington and Wisconsin have reported more than 3,000 cases each, and high numbers have been seen in a number of other states, including New York, Minnesota and Arizona.

Whooping cough has generally been increasing for years, but this year's spike is startling. Health investigators are trying to figure out what's going on, and theories include better detection and reporting of cases, some sort of evolution in the bacteria that cause the illness, or shortcomings in the vaccine.

The vaccine that had been given to young children for decades was replaced in the late 1990s following concerns about rashes, fevers and other side effects. While the new version is considered safer, it is possible it isn't as effective long term, said Dr. Anne Schuchat, who oversees the CDC's immunization and respiratory disease programs.

Some parents in California and other states have rebelled against vaccinations and gotten their children exempted from rules that require them to get their shots to enroll in school.

Washington state has one of the highest exemption rates in the nation. But the CDC said that does not appear to be a major factor in the outbreak, since most of the youngsters who got sick had been vaccinated.

Whooping cough, or pertussis, is a highly contagious disease that can strike people of any age but is most dangerous to children. Its name comes from the sound children make as they gasp for breath.

It used to be a common threat, with hundreds of thousands of cases annually. Cases gradually dropped after a vaccine was introduced in the 1940s, and the disease came to be thought of as a relic of another age. For about 25 years, fewer than 5,000 cases were reported annually in the U.S. The numbers started to climb again in the 1990s.

In both 2004 and 2005, cases surpassed 25,000. The numbers dipped for a few years but jumped to more than 27,000 in 2010, the year California saw an especially bad epidemic.

Experts believe whooping cough occurs in cycles and peaks every three to five years. But they have been startled to see peaks this high. Vaccinations are supposed to tamp down the amount of infection in the population and make the valleys in the cycles longer, said Pejman Rohani, a University of Michigan researcher who is co-leader of a federally funded study of whooping cough trends.

The government recommends that children get vaccinated in five doses, with the first shot at age 2 months and the final one between 4 and 6 years. A booster shot is recommended around 11 or 12.

Vaccination rates for young children are good — about 84 percent of 3-year-olds have gotten the recommended number of shots. But fewer than 70 percent of adolescents have gotten all their shots. Most states require pertussis vaccinations for school attendance.

In a possible indicator of a problem with the vaccine, investigators in Washington state were alarmed to see high rates of whooping cough in youngsters around 13 and 14.

Whooping cough typically starts with cold-like symptoms that can include a runny nose, congestion, fever and a mild cough. The CDC advises parents to see a doctor if they or their children develop a prolonged or severe cough. Whooping cough is treated with antibiotics, the earlier the better.

Health authorities are girding for what may be a bad couple of years.

"There is a lot of pertussis out there, and there may be more coming to a place near you," Schuchat said.

donnay
07-19-2012, 11:13 PM
I love how the article says:

"Washington state has one of the highest exemption rates in the nation. But the CDC said that does not appear to be a major factor in the outbreak, since most of the youngsters who got sick had been vaccinated."

Then you read further and it says this:

"The government recommends that children get vaccinated in five doses, with the first shot at age 2 months and the final one between 4 and 6 years. A booster shot is recommended around 11 or 12.

Vaccination rates for young children are good — about 84 percent of 3-year-olds have gotten the recommended number of shots. But fewer than 70 percent of adolescents have gotten all their shots. Most states require pertussis vaccinations for school attendance."

:rolleyes:

There is no law that says you must vaccinate your children, even if you send them to the dreaded prisons public schools. There are vaccine waivers, in all 50 states, they will never voluntarily give it to you, you have to ask for it. The feds give the schools more subsidies for the number of students whom have been vaccinated, so there is a motive for them to make you think there is a law.

Reason
07-19-2012, 11:48 PM
My VA doctor got all up in my face when I declined this vaccine.

I told her to pound sand.

donnay
07-20-2012, 12:11 AM
My VA doctor got all up in my face when I declined this vaccine.

I told her to pound sand.

Good for you! +rep

moostraks
07-20-2012, 05:38 AM
They fear monger at the hospital when you give birth now as well. We declined and have yet to have an issue with this.(it wasn't an easy decision because of the fear mongering that is done...) None of mine have had boosters and we stopped doing shots after a reaction with number 6 when she was around 2. I think it should be their decision as to these cocktails they want to bombard the children's system with and when they get older than can choose to embrace or decline the shots. We have a more limited contact with others in confined areas and practice healthy habits. I pray each day I have made the right decision, but once you have a child that has a reaction to shots you willfully imposed upon them you look at the issue much more critically than before.

Brian4Liberty
07-20-2012, 11:29 AM
For about 25 years, fewer than 5,000 cases were reported annually in the U.S. The numbers started to climb again in the 1990s.

In both 2004 and 2005, cases surpassed 25,000. The numbers dipped for a few years but jumped to more than 27,000 in 2010, the year California saw an especially bad epidemic.

As I have said in other threads, my Doctor at the time refused to make an official diagnosis, probably so he didn't have to fill out the paperwork. These things are always under reported.

As far as the new vaccine, I hope it works. Pertussis comes in the new Tdap vaccine. Believe me, you don't want Pertussis (or Tetanus). Unfortunately, the new vaccine itself will make your arm very sore for a couple of days.

donnay
07-20-2012, 11:50 AM
EDUCATE BEFORE YOU VACCINATE!

Red Alert: The Vaccine Responsible for Half the Awards for Injury and Death

By Dr. Mercola

Pertussis vaccine in the combination DPT shot for diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis that is supposed to prevent whooping cough has been associated with brain inflammation, permanent brain damage and infant death since it was used on a mass basis in the U.S. starting in the late 1940's.

A 1985 book DPT: A Shot in the Dark by Coulter and Fisher book described the questionable safety and effectiveness of the vaccine, which was replaced in the U.S. in 1996 by an acellular version (DtaP).

Recently, there have been reports of B. pertussis whooping cough outbreaks in California among both vaccinated and unvaccinated children and adults.

In fact, in 2010, the majority of confirmed or suspected reported whooping cough cases were in vaccinated people.

In an eye-opening report, the Watchdog Institute found that DtaP vaccine immunity only lasts about three years.

In addition, there is evidence that bacterial organism that causes whooping cough has evolved to become vaccine resistant, which is another big reason there is a rise in reported cases of B. pertussis whooping cough.

The DtaP vaccine, although reported to be less reactive, can still cause brain inflammation and brain damage in some individuals.

Powerful Profile of a Pertussis Vaccine Victim

While infants and young children are at greatest risk, NO ONE is exempt from the potential serious complications of vaccination, one of which brain inflammation after DPT or DtaP vaccinatoin.

In the video profile of pertussis vaccine injury above, Barbara Loe Fisher, co-founder and president of the non-profit National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC), interviews a Houston family with a history of vaccine reactions that spans three generations. Now, a 12 year old child in the family has become permanently disabled from a reaction to the DtaP vaccine that was given to her, along with 6 other vaccines, at age 15 months.

This family has chosen to share their heartbreaking story to help those, who have had the same experience, feel less alone, and to educate others about what it means to be vaccine injured. What happened to this family is a potent reminder of just how important it is to make well-informed decisions about vaccinations.

Infant Death Reports After DTP Vaccination in Africa

As discussed in Barbara's featured video, vaccine reactions can run in families, causing some people to be more susceptible to damage than others. There may even be differences between the sexes in general. We don't really know, as few studies have focused on teasing out such details.

However, a number of observational studies have suggested that many female infants in Africa below 12-months of age die after the "non-specific" effects of vaccination with diphtheria-tetanus toxoids and killed (whole-cell) Bordetella pertussis (DTwP).

According to a recent Danish study published in the Journal of Tropical Medicine:

"From an immunological point of view, we hypothesize that the adverse effects of DTwP vaccine may occur because of the Th2-polarising effect of the aluminium phosphate adjuvant in the vaccine and because intramuscular administration of the vaccine may cause chronic inflammation at the site of injection.

… Sexual dimorphism [sex related differences] affecting immune functions and vitamin A supplementation may influence both the deleterious and beneficial nonspecific effects of immunization."

Previous Studies Also Show Increased Infant Mortality from DTP Vaccines

Earlier this summer, I posted a report on the research of Dr. Peter Aaby, who has spent more than 30 years studying the causes of excessively high child mortality in Guinea-Bissau. His research has been published in dozens of professional journals, yet few are taking any notice. With archives of more than 1 million research files to back up his findings, Dr. Aaby has published several papers questioning the safety of the DTP vaccine (diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis).

Over the past decade alone he's published 34 papers—all questioning the safety of the DTP. (For clarification, the DTP is the older whole cell pertussis vaccine associated with a high number of cases of convulsions, brain inflammation and permanent brain damage and was, in the US, replaced with the DTaP vaccine in 1996.) Dr. Aaby's studies on the DTP vaccine given to infants in Guinea-Bissau showed that:

A single dose of DTP vaccine not only doubled the mortality rate in infants, but more than quadrupled the mortality rate after the second and third DTP doses.
There is a definite increased mortality risk to girls of combining DTP and measles vaccines.

Furthermore, just like the featured Danish study above mentions, vitamin A supplementation was found to influence mortality. Dr. Aaby discovered that girls were 41 percent more likely to die if they were given vitamin A at birth, while boys seemed to receive minor benefit from the supplement.

Taken together, the Danish study and Dr. Aaby's work indicate that there are differences between the sexes that are completely ignored, and vaccines alone or in conjunction with vitamin supplementation may impact girls and boys very differently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL8C733E4A572CA427&v=bsWHiQfwxBc&feature=player_embedded

Continued... (http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/11/02/why-is-this-vaccine-causing-increased-infant-mortality.aspx)

RonRules
07-20-2012, 12:07 PM
The anti-vaxers are causing the virus spread and mutate. It's basic science.

Go Darwin Go!

donnay
07-20-2012, 12:39 PM

Go Darwin Go!

You certainly do not read and comprehend much. :rolleyes:

If we anti-vaxers (as you so eloquently put it) are the reason for spreading these diseases--then you pr0-vaxers shouldn't worry--right?

James Madison
07-20-2012, 12:43 PM
No vaccine is 100% effective and given that >99% of the public has received some form of the DPT shot of course some individuals who were vaccinated will contract whooping cough.

Dark_Horse_Rider
07-20-2012, 12:45 PM
This past winter and early spring there were a hell of a lot of cases of whooping cough in the WA state village where I was staying

donnay
07-20-2012, 12:46 PM
No vaccine is 100% effective and given that >99% of the public has received some form of the DPT shot of course some individuals who were vaccinated will contract whooping cough.

But that's not what we are lead to believe. You get the vaccine and you are protected.

If God wanted us to have vaccines he wouldn't have given us an immune system.

jbauer
07-20-2012, 12:59 PM
My guess is there is a direct correlation to the amount of hand sanitizer used. In 100 years we've gone from strong immunities because we had to have them to survive to the nimble creatures we are today.

jbauer
07-20-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm religous but that comment is BS and could be used for or against any argument out there. You could just as easily have said had God not wanted us to get Vaccines he wouldn't have created diseases that required vacination from.

But that's not what we are lead to believe. You get the vaccine and you are protected.

jbauer
07-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Which could be easily explained by the abnormal warmth of the winter and higher humidity that came with it.

This past winter and early spring there were a hell of a lot of cases of whooping cough in the WA state village where I was staying

donnay
07-20-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm religous but that comment is BS and could be used for or against any argument out there. You could just as easily have said had God not wanted us to get Vaccines he wouldn't have created diseases that required vacination from.

That is the whole purpose of an immune system--to ward-off disease!

jbauer
07-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Correct, so to maximize your immune systems effectiveness you should flex its muscles and expose it to weaker or dead versions of the disease so its ready to combat it when the real thing happens right?

That is the whole purpose of an immune system--to ward-off disease!

James Madison
07-20-2012, 01:13 PM

Again. No vaccine is 100% effective. Never.

Also, if God wanted to keep us from getting sick why go to the trouble of designing the immune system when you could just get rid of the disease-causing agent.

donnay
07-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Correct, so to maximize your immune systems effectiveness you should flex its muscles and expose it to weaker or dead versions of the disease so its ready to combat it when the real thing happens right?

In theory, sure. But have you checked out the other poisons that are injected into your body along with the so-call dead or weaker strains. Your body's immune system can be totally compromised by the Adjuvents/Surfactants - Chemicals also in that injection.

Again: EDUCATE BEFORE YOU VACCINATE!

jbauer
07-20-2012, 01:29 PM
I DID. I have a 1.5 and 3.5 year old and from my independent research (online, I don’t have lab rats) and decided that vaccinations where far less likely to cause a problem then the disease itself. Life's a risk, you risk getting hit by a car just by stepping outside. We each have to measure the amount of risk we're willing to tolerate and make life's difficult decisions based on what we think gives us the greatest chances for success.
In theory, sure. But have you checked out the other poisons that are injected into your body along with the so-call dead or weaker strains. Your body's immune system can be totally compromised by the Adjuvents/Surfactants - Chemicals also in that injection.

Again: EDUCATE BEFORE YOU VACCINATE!

donnay
07-20-2012, 01:37 PM
I DID. I have a 1.5 and 3.5 year old and from my independent research (online, I don’t have lab rats) and decided that vaccinations where far less likely to cause a problem then the disease itself. Life's a risk, you risk getting hit by a car just by stepping outside. We each have to measure the amount of risk we're willing to tolerate and make life's difficult decisions based on what we think gives us the greatest chances for success.

Have you check out SV-40 in the polio vaccines?

The true story of SV40, the cancer-causing virus hidden in polio vaccines (http://www.naturalnews.com/032854_SV40_polio_vaccines.html)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e93q7ANOO8k&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLA9C8C6A07B370C58

Vaccines Have Serious Side Effects - The Institute of Medicine Says So! (http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/09/27/vaccines-are-dangerous-says-the-government.aspx)

jbauer
07-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Yes

donnay
07-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Yes

And you still think they are safe, eh?

Big Pharma would never lie to people--on no.

jbauer
07-20-2012, 01:47 PM
I've also watched info on the moon landing, 9/11, hanging chads, weather, katrina, ron paul etc etc etc etc.

You need to consider the risks and benifits of taking or not taking them.

donnay
07-20-2012, 01:52 PM
I've also watched info on the moon landing, 9/11, hanging chads, weather, katrina, ron paul etc etc etc etc.

Well, at the moment, that is your choice. The science behind it is totally flawed and manipulated, and the information is out there for you to research as well.

Vaccines make Big Pharma tons of money too!

moostraks
07-20-2012, 02:30 PM

If you had a family member damaged by them you might think differently....

jbauer
07-20-2012, 02:57 PM
What if the science isn't flawed or manipulated? What if your interpretation is flawed or manipulated? Not saying it is, just asking?

jbauer
07-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Which is exactly why you need to weigh the risks of taking vs not taking them. Our 1.5 yr old had a bad fever for a week on one of them. It took a lot of managing to keep her in the safe zone. What we can't weigh aginst that is whether she would have had the same complectation from the disease itself?

If you had a family member damaged by them you might think differently....

Brian4Liberty
07-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Tdap, sometimes known as dTap,[4] is the acronym for the collective vaccines preventing tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis in adolescents and adults that were licensed in the United States in spring of 2005. These vaccines differ from the childhood DTaP vaccines (brand name Daptacel) in their indication. As indicated by the lower case "d" and "p", the concentration of diphtheria and pertussis toxoids has been reduced in these "adult" formulations to prevent adverse effects, while the "a" in "ap" indicates that the pertussis toxoids are acellular. Two Tdap vaccines are available in the U.S. Adacel, manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur, is licensed for use in adults ages 11 to 64. Boostrix, manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline, is licensed for use in adolescents and adults ages 10 to 64. The U.S.'s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) has recommended its use in adults of all ages, including those age 65 and above.

Tdap is relatively new. Obviously, the safety and effectiveness of this new formula remains to be seen. They are pushing hard to give it to everyone in California. I volunteered to be a guinea pig. :eek:

dannno
07-20-2012, 04:16 PM

Go Darwin Go!

lol...

I didn't pay horribly close attention, but if you are the one who was arguing against vote-flipping then I guess there was vote flipping afterall..

Anti Federalist
07-20-2012, 04:37 PM

Go Darwin Go!

Huh?

James Madison
07-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Huh?

The idea being that people who do not receive the vaccination provide a reservoir for the virus to replicate and mutate. Some mutations could result in long-term drops in vaccination efficacy.

donnay
07-20-2012, 04:54 PM
What if the science isn't flawed or manipulated? What if your interpretation is flawed or manipulated? Not saying it is, just asking?

I did my research, now it is up to you to do yours.

"The vaccine business has continued to thrive in spite of its disastrous failure, for the mere reason that it nets millions of dollars for the promoters, and this buys power with governments and propaganda control over the masses who don't know how to think for themselves". ~Eleanor McBean PhD (The Poisoned Needle)

VACCINATION THE HIDDEN FACTS (http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyglibcat/020132sinclair/vaccinaion.htm)

Scientists Sue Merck: allege fraud, mislabeling, and false certification of MMR vaccine. Suzanne Humphries, MD (http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/2012/06/25/scientists-sue-merck-allege-fraud-mislabeling-and-false-certificaion-of-mmr-vaccine-suzanne-humphries-md/)

Herd Immunity: Flawed Science and Mass Vaccination Failures (http://www.wakingtimes.com/2012/07/17/herd-immunity-flawed-science-mass-vaccination-failures/)

VACCINATIONS - The Hour of the Time... (http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/dangers-of-vaccinnations/vaccinations-the-hour-of-the-time)

The Story Behind The Story (http://atrueott.wordpress.com/category/health-and-wellness/)

The Salk Vaccine And The "Disappearance" of Paralytic Polio- Is Paralysis A Viral Disease? (http://www.whale.to/a/krasner1.html)

DGambler
07-20-2012, 05:05 PM
We got fired by our first peditrician because we didn't want to follow the recommended schedule. She basically told me it was her way or the highway. We left and never looked back. Took us a while to find one that would work with us.

I've now found out that they submit records to a state database called GRITS to track our compliance.

donnay
07-20-2012, 05:11 PM
We got fired by our first peditrician because we didn't want to follow the recommended schedule. She basically told me it was her way or the highway. We left and never looked back. Took us a while to find one that would work with us.

I've now found out that they submit records to a state database called GRITS to track our compliance.

As parents is it our job to protect our children! Kudos for you, not to be intimidated by these Big Pharma whores! +rep

LibForestPaul
07-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Vaccines help in protecting one against harmful infections. However, they carry risks. It is up to the individual to weigh these unfortunately unknown as well as covered-up risks against known as well as over-hyped benefits. This is what happens when liberty is stolen. Ignorance and uncertainty run rampant. Who knows the truth any more.

donnay
07-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Vaccines help in protecting one against harmful infections.

Good Golly Miss Molly...if we repeat the a lie over and over people will begin to believe it. I would submit to people who continue to spread the lie, please cite your sources and we will debate this like adults.

It is up to the individual to weigh these unfortunately unknown as well as covered-up risks against known as well as over-hyped benefits.

The statement above seems, to me, like a good heaping helping of cognitive dissonance.

Ignorance and uncertainty run rampant. Who knows the truth any more.

Yes, this much is true. That is why it is incumbent upon us to seek the truth--the truth is out there! You must first realize that government, government agencies and Big Pharma have a history of lying, concealing, deliberately covering-up and murdering people indiscriminately. So when you understand that, their track record is not so trustworthy, IMHO.

"People perish from a lack of knowledge."

Anti Federalist
07-20-2012, 07:36 PM
The idea being that people who do not receive the vaccination provide a reservoir for the virus to replicate and mutate. Some mutations could result in long-term drops in vaccination efficacy.

Well, since whooping cough is bacterial and not viral, I'd suggest that the problem lies not with "anti vaxers" but perhaps with overly protective parents running to the doctor and getting anti-biotic prescriptions the minute their child feels ill.

Over prescribing of anti-biotics is what brought us MRSA.

puppetmaster
07-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Well, since whooping cough is bacterial and not viral, I'd suggest that the problem lies not with "anti vaxers" but perhaps with overly protective parents running to the doctor and getting anti-biotic prescriptions the minute their child feels ill.

+1

Brian4Liberty
07-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Well, since whooping cough is bacterial and not viral,...

You should have seen the look on my Doctor's face when I asked her a simple question about "anti-bacterial" vaccines. She just said, "it's complicated, but it works". She didn't have a clue.

Let's go out on a limb and ask how these diseases of the past are coming back... it couldn't have anything to do with importing humans into the US from all over the world, with no care at all about what diseases they may be carrying. (And I guarantee, that's how I caught whopping cough. Nothing like living in an international port of call. But hey, my immune system is well conditioned at this point.)

Anti Federalist
07-20-2012, 11:19 PM
You should have seen the look on my Doctor's face when I asked her a simple question about "anti-bacterial" vaccines. She just said, "it's complicated, but it works". She didn't have a clue.

Let's go out on a limb and ask how these diseases of the past are coming back... it couldn't have anything to do with importing humans into the US from all over the world, with no care at all about what diseases they may be carrying. (And I guarantee, that's how I caught whopping cough. Nothing like living in an international port of call. But hey, my immune system is well conditioned at this point.)

There's no question about it, as far as I'm concerned.

Bed bugs to TB can be partially blamed on that.

James Madison
07-20-2012, 11:27 PM

Bacterial or viral doesn't matter. Someone who lacks immunity provides a reservoir for an infective agent to multiply, which will always lead to mutation, hence a drop in vaccine efficacy.

James Madison
07-20-2012, 11:40 PM

Most anti-bacterial vaccines don't immunize against the bacterium itself. Pertussis (whooping cough) vaccines contain a bacterial subunit. Same with diphtheria, which is actually a harmless bacterium (infection with a prophage results in toxin production), tetanus, and a handful of others. Though truth be told, there are only a handful of bacterial diseases that are harmful enough to warrant concern. The risk of contracting any of these are greatly reduced in any developed country. Still, I'd rather not have to endure TB, cholera, and the like.

I understand many on this board are not trusting of big pharma, but let's be honest. If vaccines are this vast conspiracy to depopulate the world then they're doing a pretty shitty job. Are there dangers? Sure. Getting in a car is most dangerous thing the vast majority of people will do in their entire lives. Guess what? We all die. It's one of the reasons why health insurance is so broken.

And please, if can provide me with peer-reveiwed journal articles then I'd be more than happy to check them out. Not someone's blog. Not a random website. Scientific studies, preferably from notable journals. And don't link me to some random MD or PhD. Of course you can find one or two who support your perspective, there are millions worldwide. I'm surprised you're so trusting of them but not big pharma. Personally, I don't trust either of them. They're both out to make money.

Brian4Liberty
07-21-2012, 01:11 AM
Most anti-bacterial vaccines don't immunize against the bacterium itself. Pertussis (whooping cough) vaccines contain a bacterial subunit. Same with diphtheria, which is actually a harmless bacterium (infection with a prophage results in toxin production), tetanus, and a handful of others.

That's more info than she could give. ;)

The basic fact hasn't changed; vaccines against bacterial infections are not as effective or as long lasting as vaccines against viral infections.

Anti Federalist
07-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Bacterial or viral doesn't matter. Someone who lacks immunity provides a reservoir for an infective agent to multiply, which will always lead to mutation, hence a drop in vaccine efficacy.

Possibly, but that wasn't the point I was making.

Peer reviewed science has determined that over prescribing of antibiotics is a factor in emergence of "super bugs" like MRSA.

Brian4Liberty
07-21-2012, 11:22 AM

Peer reviewed science has determined that over prescribing of antibiotics is a factor in emergence of "super bugs" like MRSA.

It never fails to amaze me the things that Doctors will prescribe antibiotics for, especially the common cold.

LibForestPaul
07-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Birds, Pigs, Dogs, Cats

LibForestPaul
07-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Most anti-bacterial vaccines don't immunize against the bacterium itself. Pertussis (whooping cough) vaccines contain a bacterial subunit. Same with diphtheria, which is actually a harmless bacterium (infection with a prophage results in toxin production), tetanus, and a handful of others. Though truth be told, there are only a handful of bacterial diseases that are harmful enough to warrant concern. The risk of contracting any of these are greatly reduced in any developed country. Still, I'd rather not have to endure TB, cholera, and the like.

I understand many on this board are not trusting of big pharma, but let's be honest. If vaccines are this vast conspiracy to depopulate the world then they're doing a pretty shitty job. Are there dangers? Sure. Getting in a car is most dangerous thing the vast majority of people will do in their entire lives. Guess what? We all die. It's one of the reasons why health insurance is so broken.

And please, if can provide me with peer-reveiwed journal articles then I'd be more than happy to check them out. Not someone's blog. Not a random website. Scientific studies, preferably from notable journals. And don't link me to some random MD or PhD. Of course you can find one or two who support your perspective, there are millions worldwide. I'm surprised you're so trusting of them but not big pharma. Personally, I don't trust either of them. They're both out to make money.

You can't have a look at these journals because contrary views do not get funded. It has little to do with conspiracy and much to do about control, money, and chattle. Same as with man-made global warming. Where the banks have already set about carbon trading systems.

LibForestPaul
07-21-2012, 04:01 PM
I understand many on this board are not trusting of big pharma, but let's be honest. If vaccines are this vast conspiracy to depopulate the world then they're doing a pretty shitty job.
Don't include your own flights of fancy, please. No logical fallacies.
tuskegee experiment. Done. Proof of massive conspiracy. AND there have been MORE! So, as someone already posted, why should we trust the medical community and THEIR peer-reviewed journals. Because they are UNBIASED, because they are looking out for ME and my families interest. Your comment actually is offensive. We are not children here, at least on this board. We know those in power hate us, use us, and view us as chattle.
Do I still believe vaccines are helpful, sure. But how much trust can I place in this information that lead me to this conclusion, ....

Indeed cognitive dissonance.

moostraks
07-21-2012, 06:17 PM
You can't have a look at these journals because contrary views do not get funded. It has little to do with conspiracy and much to do about control, money, and chattle. Same as with man-made global warming. Where the banks have already set about carbon trading systems.

well said...

DGambler
07-22-2012, 07:49 AM

Where is the peer reviewed science about vaccine safety across the full spectrum of shots required by the CDC?

Anti Federalist
07-23-2012, 07:15 PM
////

donnay
07-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Bacterial or viral doesn't matter. Someone who lacks immunity provides a reservoir for an infective agent to multiply, which will always lead to mutation, hence a drop in vaccine efficacy.\

So why do doctors have zero education in nutrition--vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids?