PDA

View Full Version : Open letter of thanks to LLepard

Anti Federalist
11-17-2007, 12:19 PM
I just finished looking over the USAToday ad in it's final version, brilliant, great work.

That comes with a personal note of thanks from me and my family for shouldering the financial burden yourself and placing the ad.

Well done!

Now, a question that has probably been answered already, but I may have missed.

Is the design "open source"?

Meaning I'd like to run that myself in some local papers here in NH and would that present any problems with the designers, yourself or USAToday?

I'm not in a position to do what you have done, but I think I could swing the cost of a local paper or two.

tremendoustie
11-17-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm pretty sure he's encouraging that. You'd of course want to switch out his name and e-mail for yours. At least this will serve as a bump so he or someone with more authority can reply, but as I say I think it's encouraged, and thanks to you as well!

Indy Vidual
11-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Yes, just switch the email.

I'm also pretty sure the above is correct.
Thank you LLepard. :)

Wyurm
11-17-2007, 01:10 PM
I agree 100 pct. with the original poster. You should have a bronze statue of yourself on the Mall in DC. (I'm not joking, seriously)

Chibioz
11-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks LLepard!

llepard
11-17-2007, 01:17 PM
I just finished looking over the USAToday ad in it's final version, brilliant, great work.

That comes with a personal note of thanks from me and my family for shouldering the financial burden yourself and placing the ad.

Well done!

Meaning I'd like to run that myself in some local papers here in NH and would that present any problems with the designers, yourself or USAToday?

I'm not in a position to do what you have done, but I think I could swing the cost of a local paper or two.

Yes it is completely open source. Print it spread it. Send it. Advertise it.

Linda Lagana (the designer) and I have only one request. If you modify it take our names off the bottom. Thank you.

Have fun! We are gonna rock the world.

texasbelle
11-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Thank you Llepard! :) :)

Mark
11-17-2007, 01:23 PM

Well done!

Make sure you report it:

~~~~~

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/fecfeca.shtml

Prohibited Contributions and Expenditures

The FECA places prohibitions on contributions and expenditures by certain individuals and organizations. The following are prohibited from making contributions or expenditures to influence federal elections:
Corporations;
Labor organizations;
Federal government contractors; and
Foreign nationals (http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/foreign.shtml).Furthermore, with respect to federal elections:
No one may make a contribution in another person's name.
No one may make a contribution in cash of more than $100.In addition to the above prohibitions on contributions and expenditures in federal election campaigns, the FECA also prohibits foreign nationals, national banks and other federally chartered corporations from making contributions or expenditures in connection with state and local elections.

---->

Independent Expenditures (http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/indexp.shtml)

Under federal election law, an individual or group (such as a PAC) may make unlimited "independent expenditures" in connection with federal elections.

An independent expenditure is an expenditure for a communication which expressly advocates the election or defeat of a clearly identified candidate and which is made independently from the candidate's campaign.

To be considered independent, the communication may not be made with the cooperation, consultation or concert with, or at the request or suggestion of, any candidate or his/her authorized committees or a political party, or any of their agents.

While there is no limit on how much anyone may spend on an independent expenditure, the law does require persons making independent expenditures to report them and to disclose the sources of the funds they used.

The public can review these reports (http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/imaging_info.shtml) at the FEC's Public Records Office.

johnrocks
11-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks a heap and to borrow a phrase from a Fox dude,your a Great American!!!

reduen
11-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Thank You..:)

slantedview
11-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks LLepard!

+1

Mark
11-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Make sure you report it:

Independent Expenditures (http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/indexp.shtml)

Under federal election law, an individual or group (such as a PAC) may make unlimited "independent expenditures" in connection with federal elections.

An independent expenditure is an expenditure for a communication which expressly advocates the election or defeat of a clearly identified candidate and which is made independently from the candidate's campaign.

To be considered independent, the communication may not be made with the cooperation, consultation or concert with, or at the request or suggestion of, any candidate or his/her authorized committees or a political party, or any of their agents.

While there is no limit on how much anyone may spend on an independent expenditure, the law does require persons making independent expenditures to report them and to disclose the sources of the funds they used.

The public can review these reports (http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/imaging_info.shtml) at the FEC's Public Records Office.

Man..

now I'm wondering if everyone needs to report

no matter what the level of expenditures is..

I've spent a few bucks on a couple of things.. web site ect

Hmm.. do we ALL have to report things like buying signs and slim jims ect ect???

I think I'll contact the FEC..

(edit - here's a FAQ - quickly scanning I don't see a "minimum dollar amount" requirement to report..)

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/indexp.shtml#Reporting

(edit 2 ---> I'll check out the guide )

http://www.fec.gov/ans/answers_general.shtml#Can_nonUS_citizens_contribut e

"For example, an individual can provide volunteer services to a candidate or party without considering the value of those service a contribution to the candidate or party. Individuals may also make independent expenditures (http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/indexp.shtml) supporting or opposing candidates, and may finance electioneering communications (http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/electioneering.shtml). However, both of these activities are subject to special reporting requirements. For more information on volunteering and other ways of supporting candidates, consult our Citizens Guide (http://www.fec.gov/pdf/citizen_guide_pub.pdf) [PDF].

(edit 3 - well "The Guide" is not there - "things that make you go "hmmm"")

(edit - 4 ) So far..

http://www.fec.gov/pdf/nongui_supp.pdf

Final Rules

Public Communication.

While the new regulations continue to exempt most Internet communications,
those placed on another person’s web site for a fee are now considered “general public political advertising” and,
therefore, qualify as “public communications.”

By contrast, unpaid Internet communications,
including blogs, e-mail and a person’s web site, are not.

Coordination.

Content that a person places on one’s own web site is not included in the definition of “public communication,”

even if it includes republished campaign material.

Therefore, their republication of a candidate’s campaign materials on their own web site,
blog or e-mail does not constitute a “coordinated communication.”

However, when a person pays a fee to republish campaign
materials on another person’s web site,
the republication would qualify as a “public communication.”

tremendoustie
11-17-2007, 01:38 PM
+1

+2

MadViking10
11-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Thank you for trying to get the people of this great nation informed. There IS a choice this time for President that actually cares about you and I.

max
11-17-2007, 01:52 PM

Well done!

i am the creator of the original Founders Ad (pre-aborted , pre-watered down version that ran in NH).

You have my blessing....though i much prefer you restore the original to its former glory

Anti Federalist
11-17-2007, 02:35 PM
i am the creator of the original Founders Ad (pre-aborted , pre-watered down version that ran in NH).

You have my blessing....though i much prefer you restore the original to its former glory

Post a link, .pdf file or email me.

I'll check it out.

traitorist
11-17-2007, 02:42 PM
i'd like to thank everyone who is doing their part, no matter how big or small, regardless of how much federal reserve notes they have spent in support of Ron Paul.

Leslie Webb
11-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Ilepard, when someone writes a history of this movement and how we took back our country, you will be one of the heroes. Thank you.

max
11-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Post a link, .pdf file or email me.

I'll check it out.

This is the pre-abortion masterpiece thatt ran in full page color in NH Union Leader .......before the key power words were surgically deleted and 1,000 critics turned a serious thought provoking...emotional piece into a Presdents Day sale type ad......

The only corrections made before this original version ran 2 weeks ago were that George Washington was placed on top and the type "you you" was corrected...2nd sentence I think...

If you are gonna run it...be sure to prominentlt feature a Boston Tea Party box....and please....restore the link to www.ronpaulstopdreaming.com!

The most POWERFUL you tube video on the net and it was deleted because "the title stop dreaming has a negative conotation"!!!

As if readers are gonna think that a video referred into in a full page pro-RP ad might be anti-RP based on the title! Ridiculous

Here is the original Open Letter.....far superior and effective to the mobacracy raped sequel

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=31223&page=2

deedles
11-17-2007, 04:06 PM
I applaud you, Lepard!

CurtisLow
11-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks a million! http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4428/salutect9.gif

Anti Federalist
11-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Thanks max.

I'll give both some thought and see what I can do.

Mark
11-17-2007, 04:27 PM
and please....restore the link to www.ronpaulstopdreaming.com (http://www.ronpaulstopdreaming.com)!

The most POWERFUL you tube video on the net and it was deleted because "the title stop dreaming has a negative conotation"!!!

As if readers are gonna think that a video referred into in a full page pro-RP ad might be anti-RP based on the title! Ridiculous

It's the psychological impact of reading the whole ad then seeing

"Ron Paul? Stop Dreaming". No, it doesn't have the question mark, but,
EVERYONE knows what "Stop Dreaming" means.

Do we really need something in the ad that detractors can use to make fun of?

How many times have you seen the media IGNORE the good points and run with the negative?

Do you really want the focus of the ad from MSM ect to be the line:
Ron Paul? Stop Dreaming"... ?

The ad is for people new to Dr Paul, it needs to be as effective as possible.

The question begs to be asked.

WHY...? did you name it "Stop Dreaming"?,
when you could have easily used a POSITIVE word like "START" Dreaming.

The subconscious is a powerful thing.. and you feed into the negative with such a phrase.

Change it to something like.. "Start Dreaming".. or.. "Start Believing"
and you have a WINNER... "Stop Dreaming" is a loser..

It's psychological "common sense" max.

ConstitutionGal
11-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Llepard,

You're my new Hero!! Thank you for all you're doing to preserve Liberty in our Great Nation! May God Bless and Keep You!

Micahyah
11-17-2007, 04:35 PM
thanks very much

torchbearer
11-17-2007, 04:39 PM
I will tell my children stories about this great man... and how he help me and the rest of us win our country back.

Stoli
11-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Great add!! Thanks Mr L

Lyn
11-17-2007, 04:43 PM
llepard YOU ROCK !!!!!

I wish there were more like you.

traviskicks
11-17-2007, 04:49 PM
LLepard, you are a true patriot. well done, friend! :)

llepard
11-17-2007, 04:50 PM

"Ron Paul? Stop Dreaming". No, it doesn't have the question mark, but,
EVERYONE knows what "Stop Dreaming" means.

Do we really need something in the ad that detractors can use to make fun of?

How many times have you seen the media IGNORE the good points and run with the negative?

Do you really want the focus of the ad from MSM ect to be the line:
Ron Paul? Stop Dreaming"... ?

The ad is for people new to Dr Paul, it needs to be as effective as possible.

The question begs to be asked.

WHY...? did you name it "Stop Dreaming"?,
when you could have easily used a POSITIVE word like "START" Dreaming.

The subconscious is a powerful thing.. and you feed into the negative with such a phrase.

Quoted for Truth.

Exactly. The first rule of advertising is never say ANYTHING negative or that implies doubt.

Mark is dead on.

LWL

BTW, thanks Mark for the FEC links, I have the form filled out and ready to file, the amount is big enough that I think I need to file within 24 hours of the advertisment running or I would violate a Federal Law. Ugh!

ClockwiseSpark
11-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Thank you! :D

tamor
11-17-2007, 04:54 PM
LLepard, thank you so much. I am a retired teacher, and I know all your former teachers would be so proud of you. Good Job!

Mark
11-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Quoted for Truth.

Exactly. The first rule of advertising is never say ANYTHING negative or that implies doubt.

Mark is dead on.

LWL

BTW, thanks Mark for the FEC links, I have the form filled out and ready to file, the amount is big enough that I think I need to file within 24 hours of the advertisment running or I would violate a Federal Law. Ugh!

All I can do is "Thank God".. the thought had to be Divinely Inspired, cause I'm not that smart.. :D
( personally.. I think God endorses Ron Paul.. so.. He was just trying to help.. imo ;) )

And, of course, also thank you, dear LL, friend and Patriot.

I would have been a mixture of sad and mad if they had come after you
for not reporting it.. and disappointed in myself for missing something
so easily found out.

It's easy to miss details like that when you're busy and involved in everything it took
for you to get it all together, but, that's what a collective effort is,

everyone trying to do what they can,
and acting on ideas and thoughts when they come to them.

I would encourage everyone to act when a thought or idea comes to mind
that might be important.

Because, you never know, when the thought has come to you for a reason.

God's Best Possible Blessings to you kind Sir.. now.. and forever.. :)

torchbearer
11-17-2007, 05:08 PM
LLepard, thank you so much. I am a retired teacher, and I know all your former teachers would be so proud of you. Good Job!

If Mr. Lepard is ever looking for an apprentice, I'd volunteer to walk in his footsteps.

DesertRat
11-17-2007, 05:10 PM
I can't express how much I appreciate what you've done for us LLepard.

GO RON PAUL!!

Mark
11-17-2007, 05:17 PM
If Mr. Lepard is ever looking for an apprentice, I'd volunteer to walk in his footsteps.

"When in the course of human events..."

He should be a signer of the new, "Declaration of Independence."

llepard
11-17-2007, 05:28 PM
All I can do is "Thank God".. the thought had to be Divinely Inspired, cause I'm not that smart.. :D
( personally.. I think God endorses Ron Paul.. so.. He was just trying to help.. imo ;) )

And, of course, also thank you, dear LL, friend and Patriot.

I would have been a mixture of sad and mad if they had come after you
for not reporting it.. and disappointed in myself for missing something
so easily found out.

It's easy to miss details like that when you're busy and involved in everything it took
for you to get it all together, but, that's what a collective effort is,

everyone trying to do what they can,
and acting on ideas and thoughts when they come to them.

I would encourage everyone to act when a thought or idea comes to mind
that might be important.

[Exactly. I got this one on a long run, it felt like my deceased father was telling me to do this. It was 7 miles and the endorphins had kicked in but I felt like i was being told to do it. Weird, but true. LWL]

Because, you never know, when the thought has come to you for a reason.

God's Best Possible Blessings to you kind Sir.. now.. and forever.. :)

My favorite movie is It's A Wonderful Life. I loved the view of what the world would be like without the George Bailey character, and the way that others would have suffered. Our time is short. I just figured I have been lucky to be in the position I am in, let's go for it and see if we can make a difference.

Hey, freedom is popular! Who knew?

Mark
11-17-2007, 05:36 PM
My favorite movie is It's A Wonderful Life. I loved the view of what the world would be like without the George Bailey character, and the way that others would have suffered. Our time is short. I just figured I have been lucky to be in the position I am in, let's go for it and see if we can make a difference.

Hey, freedom is popular! Who knew?

Me too.. Christmas is just not complete if I don't see that movie..

last year.. I was working on Christmas Day.... (driving/delivery lost/late luggage from the local airport/airlines)..

and I was SO happy.. when I found it on the radio.. just the audio.. but..
it worked a lot better than nothing..

And..

it's not weird for your father to speak to you, or put an idea in your mind..
it happens a LOT more than people realize..

max
11-17-2007, 05:39 PM

Thats ridiculous...

By itself...yes the title is weird...

.....But in the context of an ENTIRE PAGE of pro- Ron Paul STUFF....the title of the video (which I too have never liked)..does no harm and actually intrigues....

The bottom line is this....by removing that POWERFUL video....thousands and thousands of viewers that would have watched it.....wont ever see it..

damn shame because that video makes instant converts..instant donors

....and it was removed by the chicken little handwringers of the nit picky brigade based on faulty reasoning and ubiquitous fear of the g-d damn media..

runningdiz
11-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks LLepard your a true patriot! The advertisement looks great!

What is the big deal with the youtube link? You act as if it is the end of the world.

max
11-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks LLepard your a true patriot! The advertisement looks great!

What is the big deal with the youtube link? You act as if it is the end of the world.

because that video by aravoth is one of the most awesome tools in our arsenal..

and it....along with all the powerful stuff...was removed by the legions of abortionists who messed with larry's head..

as good as this ad is......it's effectiveness and emotional power was at least 50% diminished by the endless barrage of senseless fear-driven , politically correct alterations .....

u dont take a work of genius and mess with it...

if Davinci had run his finished mona lisa thru this forum it would end up looking like one of picasso's nightmares

Mark
11-17-2007, 06:06 PM
u dont take a work of genius and mess with it...

dude.. this is a thread of THANKS.. maybe.. respect the purpose please..

torchbearer
11-17-2007, 06:10 PM
if Davinci had run his finished mona lisa thru this forum it would end up looking like one of picasso's nightmares

True, not everything works best by committee.

llepard
11-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Please note, all of Avaroth's videos run constantly at www.ronpaulnation.com

That is why we went to that link, it has more depth, videos on the TeaParty and such. Also the title is better as noted earlier in this thread.

LWL

max
11-17-2007, 06:15 PM
dude.. this is a thread of THANKS.. maybe.. respect the purpose please..

and maybe... follow your own advice..?

of course I'm grateful to Larry....and deep down he always wanted to run the original until you all messed with his head....
I went thru the same shit before I ran it in NH
it was my creation...

The original was a masterpiece of genoius that none of the nitpickers in here could have put together in their wildest dreams...

i have a right to protest the unnecessary watering down of my baby...a classic

Its still a great ad...and I love the bottom part...but the know-nothing, mediaphobic nitpicking brigade destroyed the original flow and impact that I worked so diligently to craft...

max
11-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Please note, all of Avaroth's videos run constantly at www.ronpaulnation.com

That is why we went to that link, it has more depth, videos on the TeaParty and such. Also the title is better as noted earlier in this thread.

LWL

didnt realize that......good call...

Mark
11-17-2007, 06:18 PM
of course I'm grateful to Larry

i have a right to protest the unnecessary watering down of my baby...a classic

Its still a great ad...and I love the bottom part...but the know-nothing, mediaphobic nitpicking brigade destroyed the original flow and impact that I worked so diligently to craft...

Noted..

for about the hundredth time.. for goodness sakes..

max
11-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Noted..

for about the hundredth time.. for goodness sakes..

dont exxagerate...it was only about 85 times..:)

Mark
11-17-2007, 06:27 PM
dont exxagerate...it was only about 85 times..:)

You ROCK max.. :D

Passion like yours is how we've gotten this far..

Anti Federalist
11-17-2007, 06:43 PM
JohnRocks wrote:

Thanks a heap and to borrow a phrase from a Fox dude,your a Great American

Hey, while I'm handing out kudos for jobs well done, one to you as well, for keeping up the
good fight with some of the morons at Hannity.com.

I've been thrown off of there too many times to bother much anymore, but I lurk from time to time, and see you "engaging the enemy" at close range.

Good work!

IHaveaDream
11-17-2007, 07:20 PM
LLepard, I still can't believe that this idea has actually become a reality. What can I say? A simple thank you falls so short. I'm hoping this will prove to be our "shot heard round the world"...at least the campaign world anyway. If so, we'll owe it all to you.

“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
--unknown