PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Indiana!

Carsten2012b
07-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Hello fellow Ron Paul Supporters. It seems that I'm one of the youngest (or THE youngest) on this forum at 17 years old. I'm relatively new to the world of politics, in hope to learn more in the two US government classes I'll be taking next school year in about two months. My parents (and so will I once I am able to vote) are registered Republicans, though I prefer to call myself more of a Freedomist and a Strict Constitutionalist.

I started getting into politics after hearing about the SOPA and PIPA debates late last year. That then got me into the GOP elections for this year and thus, I heard about Ron Paul. I have been following his message ever since January and have been a full fledged supporter since.

Though the origins of my political interests seem to have gone far back as to hearing about the 9/11 attacks back when I was 6 years old. I only remembered few words such as "terrorist" and "airplane", as well as my parent's shocked, worried reaction and them not letting me go to school that day. About four years later, my parents were watching the news about the Iraq war, which drove my interest in those events as I would sometimes browse the web about the war, despite being 10. Nothing caught my interest that much though, not like today.

And now here I am today. I am a believer in the NWO, and hope to join some protests in the future if it isn't too late. I am concerned with possible war with Iran, as the SCO, which includes China, Iran, and Russia, might be starting a World War 3 that we can't win. I also oppose the Federal Reserve, the wars overseas, and a lot of stuff that Ron Paul doesn't support. I do support Social Security, but the way that it was supposed to be when FDR implemented it.

Me and my 12 year old brother usually have political debates, him being more of a Mitt supporter, though Ron Paul comes in second place for him. I can see he has been *corrupted by the media in some regard, though he does agree with me on some issues. I do have some democratic friends though who are my age, but we have so much in common on topics like energy, wars, and surprisingly, Obamacare.

Personally, I am currently learning German (3rd year) and also study business, politics, music theory, and psychology. Music is my life. You can tell by the custom video game OSTs I do on FFShrineForums (I'm Carsten2011b there).*My favorite bands include Avenged Sevenfold, Evanescence, Nine Inch Nails, Rammstein, Linkin Park, and Foreigner, as well as various movie and videogame composers such as Hans Zimmer, Mark Girsky, and John Williams. I also compose my own music from time to time. I'm also into Star Wars and si-fi in general.

Then there's videogames. The Call of Duty series, any Valve game and any Star Wars game basically. Speaking of Call of Duty, I've noticed the propaganda with portraying the leader of the 99% as the enemy. This won't stop me from buying it as I am intrigued at what Treyarch has planned. The "Cordis Die" (Latin for "the heart" or "the day of the heart") movement featured in the game, although fictional, is mirrored by the Tea Party Movement and OWS movement. Would me interesting to see flags bearing the Cordis Die logo at another OWS or something. So yah, that's me.

jct74
07-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Glad to have you here Carsten. Hope you stick around and learn a lot, and share some of your insights.

qh4dotcom
07-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Welcome to the forums Carsten and thank you for all that you do for Liberty...and please try to educate your Democratic friends.

Carsten2012b
07-20-2012, 12:38 AM
Sure thing jct, hope to learn a lot more here. I'll try my best qh4. It's odd how they're democratic yet don't support Obama much, hope they'll switch parties or something. Speaking of which, I did some research about the origins of the Republican party back in 1854. From what I read in U.S. History, they were founded over arguments with the Kansas-Nebraska Act which created said states, but the argument boiled down to whether it would become a slave state or not, similar to what happened with Texas earlier on in History. This was one of the main factors that caused the creation GOP party, who was in opposition of the act, which was made by democratic senator Stephen A. Douglas of Illinois. In the presidential election six years after the Kansas-Nebraska Act, our first Republican president was running against, you guessed it, Stephen A. Douglas. At Lincoln's inaugural address, Stephen had the opportunity to hold Lincoln's hat, symbolizing what seems to be tolerance between them and the parties they represented. Just my thoughts on the matter as I am a tolerable person who respects others with different beliefs, be it political, religious, economic, etc.

oyarde
07-20-2012, 11:58 PM
Hello fellow Ron Paul Supporters. It seems that I'm one of the youngest (or THE youngest) on this forum at 17 years old. I'm relatively new to the world of politics, in hope to learn more in the two US government classes I'll be taking next school year in about two months. My parents (and so will I once I am able to vote) are registered Republicans, though I prefer to call myself more of a Freedomist and a Strict Constitutionalist.

I started getting into politics after hearing about the SOPA and PIPA debates late last year. That then got me into the GOP elections for this year and thus, I heard about Ron Paul. I have been following his message ever since January and have been a full fledged supporter since.

Though the origins of my political interests seem to have gone far back as to hearing about the 9/11 attacks back when I was 6 years old. I only remembered few words such as "terrorist" and "airplane", as well as my parent's shocked, worried reaction and them not letting me go to school that day. About four years later, my parents were watching the news about the Iraq war, which drove my interest in those events as I would sometimes browse the web about the war, despite being 10. Nothing caught my interest that much though, not like today.

And now here I am today. I am a believer in the NWO, and hope to join some protests in the future if it isn't too late. I am concerned with possible war with Iran, as the SCO, which includes China, Iran, and Russia, might be starting a World War 3 that we can't win. I also oppose the Federal Reserve, the wars overseas, and a lot of stuff that Ron Paul doesn't support. I do support Social Security, but the way that it was supposed to be when FDR implemented it.

Me and my 12 year old brother usually have political debates, him being more of a Mitt supporter, though Ron Paul comes in second place for him. I can see he has been *corrupted by the media in some regard, though he does agree with me on some issues. I do have some democratic friends though who are my age, but we have so much in common on topics like energy, wars, and surprisingly, Obamacare.

Personally, I am currently learning German (3rd year) and also study business, politics, music theory, and psychology. Music is my life. You can tell by the custom video game OSTs I do on FFShrineForums (I'm Carsten2011b there).*My favorite bands include Avenged Sevenfold, Evanescence, Nine Inch Nails, Rammstein, Linkin Park, and Foreigner, as well as various movie and videogame composers such as Hans Zimmer, Mark Girsky, and John Williams. I also compose my own music from time to time. I'm also into Star Wars and si-fi in general.

Then there's videogames. The Call of Duty series, any Valve game and any Star Wars game basically. Speaking of Call of Duty, I've noticed the propaganda with portraying the leader of the 99% as the enemy. This won't stop me from buying it as I am intrigued at what Treyarch has planned. The "Cordis Die" (Latin for "the heart" or "the day of the heart") movement featured in the game, although fictional, is mirrored by the Tea Party Movement and OWS movement. Would me interesting to see flags bearing the Cordis Die logo at another OWS or something. So yah, that's me. Greetings , Young Man ! and der Frieden ! study well Hoosier !

LibertyNick
07-23-2012, 08:18 AM
Hey welcome to the forums, great to see such young spirit.

IndianaPolitico
08-04-2012, 04:39 PM

Then there's videogames. The Call of Duty series, any Valve game and any Star Wars game basically. Speaking of Call of Duty, I've noticed the propaganda with portraying the leader of the 99% as the enemy. This won't stop me from buying it as I am intrigued at what Treyarch has planned. The "Cordis Die" (Latin for "the heart" or "the day of the heart") movement featured in the game, although fictional, is mirrored by the Tea Party Movement and OWS movement. Would me interesting to see flags bearing the Cordis Die logo at another OWS or something. So yah, that's me.

Hey! Great to see more younger people involved. (I am also 17.) I really enjoy the forums, and I hope you do too!

KCIndy
08-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Indiana, huh? A Hoosier, eh??

Well, welcome to RPF, fellow Hoosier!! :D I hope you stick around; the fun is just beginning!