PDA

View Full Version : 9 Year Old Falls From Window, EMS Doesn't Show Up

angelatc
07-19-2012, 10:20 AM
This is what government builds.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120719/NEWS01/207190566/9-year-old-Detroit-boy-falls-to-his-death-in-apparent-suicide-EMS-is-a-no-show?odyssey=mod|mostview

Because no EMS truck arrived at the scene, the boy was taken to the hospital in a police squad car, bystanders said. State Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Detroit, confirmed that Wednesday night.
(http://www.freep.com/article/20120719/NEWS01/207190566/9-year-old-Detroit-boy-falls-to-his-death-in-apparent-suicide-EMS-is-a-no-show?odyssey=mod|mostview)
"It's just unbelievable. Can you imagine the family of that child -- not seeing any ambulance come?" Tlaib said. (http://www.freep.com/article/20120719/NEWS01/207190566/9-year-old-Detroit-boy-falls-to-his-death-in-apparent-suicide-EMS-is-a-no-show?odyssey=mod|mostview)

The bastards won't cut funding for the arts, or faux redevelopment projects ... no, they cut services first to teach us all how a harsh lesson about how much we need them.

cajuncocoa
07-19-2012, 10:21 AM
yes, that's exactly what they do....they want to make it hurt. they really are bastards.

AGRP
07-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Cop cars and parking enforcement must be in tip top working order for our safety and survival. EMS services are for third world countries.

Tonewah
07-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Our ambulances are all privately owned, around here. The paramedics usually arrive before the police, unless an officer happens upon the scene and then he might not stop unless the accident was impeding traffic or something.

moostraks
07-19-2012, 11:12 AM
They have played that crap here. Then demand more money for schools. So people here know that calling EMS is a long shot and will drive themselves and most are down voting the tax increases for things such as schools. Now they are cutting school funding for things like football and people start to cry. So I guess it back fired in one respect, but I still don't see them shelling out more tax money for the schools at this point. Guess we will have to wait and see...

oyarde
07-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Well , when I was 9 , probably thought I could fly too.

Anti Federalist
07-19-2012, 11:28 AM
This is what government builds.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120719/NEWS01/207190566/9-year-old-Detroit-boy-falls-to-his-death-in-apparent-suicide-EMS-is-a-no-show?odyssey=mod|mostview

The bastards won't cut funding for the arts, or faux redevelopment projects ... no, they cut services first to teach us all how a harsh lesson about how much we need them.

How many ambulances and EMTs could be hired with half of the DHS budget.

Or, instead of passing out tanks and automatic weapons to the cops, maybe pass out ambulances instead.

Nope.

You're absolutely right, the fuckers want to hurt us.

There will be no cutbacks in the surveillance budget.

oyarde
07-19-2012, 11:33 AM
How many ambulances and EMTs could be hired with half of the DHS budget.

Or, instead of passing out tanks and automatic weapons to the cops, maybe pass out ambulances instead.

Nope.

You're absolutely right, the fuckers want to hurt us.

There will be no cutbacks in the surveillance budget. I agree.

pcosmar
07-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Detroit is the "Canary in the Coal Mine".

And 911 ??

Did anyone think to just call an ambulance? Or take the kid to a hospital (like people used to do) ?

Call 911= call police

oyarde
07-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Detroit is the "Canary in the Coal Mine".

And 911 ??

Did anyone think to just call an ambulance? Or take the kid to a hospital (like people used to do) ?

Call 911= call police Yep

angelatc
07-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Well, Nikki could weigh in here better than I could, but moving someone with internal injuries can cause them even greater harm, I believe.

AGRP
07-19-2012, 11:51 AM
They have played that crap here. Then demand more money for schools. So people here know that calling EMS is a long shot and will drive themselves and most are down voting the tax increases for things such as schools. Now they are cutting school funding for things like football and people start to cry. So I guess it back fired in one respect, but I still don't see them shelling out more tax money for the schools at this point. Guess we will have to wait and see...

If the state is to cut any services it better be life supporting services like the EMS. People either need to be blessed with encounters by police and traffic enforcers or they can die. People who make a living off of taxes cant be bothered with injured or dieing people cooties.