PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT STRATEGY in coming months.

Matthew Zak
11-17-2007, 11:55 AM
We're all banking, literally, on the idea that the money bomb will make Ron Paul a top tier candidate. And I've seen some discussion about where to go from there to continue moving this revolution forward. It seams that we're all focused on the 16th so much that anything before or after that date doesn't really matter -- but it DOES. Right NOW matters every bit as much as December 16 because RIGHT NOW we have to plan ahead.

I think it's very important that we make a campaign of sorts that compares Ron Paul to the other candidates, both Republicans AND Democrats. All the fliers, videos, and marketing ploys are very useful in raising money, but soon it will be critical that we put as much effort in explaining exactly WHY Ron Paul really is the best choice. I know that's Ron Paul's job, and that's what he's supposed to be spending all this money on -- but his campaign is but a few compared to ours -- and they're much busier planning all the next stages, so their attention and creativity is divided.

It's up to us!

I think there needs to be a video which compares Ron Paul head to head with other candidates. And in each video compare everything from the way they talk to the things they say to the things they've done that makes Ron Paul BETTER. So there needs to be half a dozen videos, each with enough content to make comparative points.

So that way when someone googles a candidates name, they may find a video that profoundly makes Ron Paul look like the obvious choice. It doesn't have to be an attack AT ALL, in fact is shouldn't be. Just comparative points. We're confident in our candidate, right? Why else would we support him so strongly? Let's show other people (who don't even know his name yet) why we're so confident in him and why he's the best man for the job.

To do this we'll need to organize our efforts on the internet. We'll need to collect many video clips of each top tier candidate, and more of Ron Paul as well. Unfortunately I do not have those resources (I'm clueless as to how some people come up with them). Someone will then have to put the videos together. We could have one single person make every video, or it can be a free for all -- and critique them as we go (personally I like this approach).

I think this could be EXTREMELY effective, as there are so many people out there who are still unsure who they support, and don't know why they should support someone other than Guliani, or Clinton.

Who's with me??? Who can do this?

hillertexas
11-17-2007, 11:57 AM
bump

Bradley in DC
11-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Who are all of these new people I don't recognize and where did they get the good ideas and spunk? :)

Indy Vidual
11-17-2007, 11:59 AM
I don't know how to make videos yet, but your post is a great idea. :)

Indy Vidual
11-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Who are all of these new people I don't recognize and where did they get the good ideas and spunk? :)
Ron is really catching on. :)

FluxCapacitor
11-17-2007, 12:02 PM
That's a good idea Zak, and I'm up to helping you out. My main focus now is not on name recognition but on education.

This will take alot of work, to write scripts and find the right footage.

alicegardener
11-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Better have a convincing text too because, you forget, A LOT of people don't have high speed internet yet.

tremendoustie
11-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Terrific idea. Someone needs to get on this.

Matthew Zak

Hi, I'm Matthew Zak from Ramsey, MN. I'm 25 years old, and I drive a school bus for a living. Nice to meet all of you. :)

I've been lurking, making a few posts, but it's hard to be noticed when there are up to 1,000+ people online at a time. Every thread I make drowns in minutes!

I have two yard signs in the yard and bumper stickers on the way. I've donated some money (merely $60, $50, of it on the 5th) and I'm pledging $100 for the 16th of December.

DealzOnWheelz
That is a great idea but I think ONE PERSON putting the vids together is the best idea becuase he can setup a Youtube channel and have all of them together so once one is found they are all found.

Plus they should all follow a similar format

Like take questions from debates and then show RP's answer and then goto black & white with Ghouliani's double talk answer

ACJohn
11-17-2007, 12:11 PM
I believe the Grassroots may have to transition into a slightly more traditional campaign. Once the Dec 16th knocks it out of the park again, HQ will have the funds to do the same as the others, TV, Radio… We will need to help them keep costs low so volunteers to work phone banks, going door to door, and as said on here “boots on the ground” needs to start in earnest.

I am not saying give up what you all do so well on the internet, but to reach the masses in a format they are used too sporting the suit and tie and hitting the streets is the next logical step.

Matthew Zak
11-17-2007, 12:12 PM
That is a great idea but I think ONE PERSON putting the vids together is the best idea becuase he can setup a Youtube channel and have all of them together so once one is found they are all found.

Plus they should all follow a similar format

Like take questions from debates and then show RP's answer and then goto black & white with Ghouliani's double talk answer

Good idea. I like the idea of a youtube channel. Good thinking.

I think we should all seek out, download, and bookmark clips of all these candidates that we think may be useful, and have somewhere to put them. This process could take weeks.

Then we need to decide the best way to put these clips together, and track down someone who can do that. This could take days/weeks.

We need to start now. :)

Matthew Zak
11-17-2007, 12:28 PM
bump

Matthew Zak
11-17-2007, 12:58 PM
bump

leonster
11-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Great idea, but like one other poster said, let's not limit this to JUST video. Let's get some articles on this, too. Side-by-side tables and several paragraphs on the facts. Many people don't have broadband. Also, people could print them out--for example, if you know a friend or family member is leaning toward a candidate, print them a copy of the comparison and hand it to them.

Some great flyers could be made with the "comparison" idea, too.

Hey, I'm no video artist, but would be willing to work on the writing end, in collaboration with others.

leonster
11-17-2007, 01:23 PM
One more thing--depending on the angle taken, this could also REALLY highlight why Ron Paul is special. A big table listing all the candidates and several issues (i.e. gun control, abortion, budgets), with all them supporting some position, except Ron Paul with the lone NO in red letters... that makes the point pretty strongly.

Zarxrax
11-17-2007, 01:28 PM
I am experienced in video, but don't have a ton of free time on my hands. If anyone wants to thoroughly plan something out--find what clips to use, decide what text needs to be in there, background music, etc, I have no problem putting it together for you.

Energy
11-17-2007, 01:32 PM
So Matthew, can you get the youtube account going? An idea is the share the password and we can collectively add relevant videos to the Favorites list. And create playlists to organize them. Later, someone can extract those videos and make new ones.

One more thing--depending on the angle taken, this could also REALLY highlight why Ron Paul is special. A big table listing all the candidates and several issues (i.e. gun control, abortion, budgets), with all them supporting some position, except Ron Paul with the lone NO in red letters... that makes the point pretty strongly.

What we can do on the side is have web pages (like charts) created to compare Ron to the others on the primary issues (with links to sources). And supplement with videos created from this project. The webpage can have a PDF version for printing and handing out. We can have single pages for each (Ron vs Rudy), and big charts for all like:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3337/img292el5.jpg

(along the lines of this but with upper tier Democrats and Republicans):

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2052/currentrq8.png

leonster
11-17-2007, 01:41 PM
What we can do on the side is have web pages (like charts) created to compare Ron to the others on the primary issues (with links to sources). And supplement with videos created from this project. The webpage can have a PDF version for printing and handing out. Some ideas to get the juices flowing:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3337/img292el5.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2052/currentrq8.png

Absolutely awesome.

Are there any such comparisons highlighting "socially conservative" voting records, though? This chart will be useful for some of my friends, but you know, I'm from a definite "red-state" area, tons of Bush supporters. This chart would turn many people there off, as a first look at Dr. Paul. Same with the videos--I love them, but I know many of them would turn some people off, and they need to be FIRST introduced to issues like the size of government and the budget, the IRS, abortion, and gun control. They need to FIRST be convinced, "Hey, this guy is more conservative than Bush! Limited government, wow... MUCH better than Giuliani et al.!" THEN hit with the reason why he doesn't support the Iraq War.... but not to lead with that.

I guess... while they need to hear his whole message eventually... for different people, he should be initially introduced to different people in different ways.

Does anyone know of a similar chart highlighting spending bills/government waste, gun control, abortion, things like that? Should I start making one? :P

Matthew Zak
11-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Great idea, but like one other poster said, let's not limit this to JUST video. Let's get some articles on this, too. Side-by-side tables and several paragraphs on the facts. Many people don't have broadband. Also, people could print them out--for example, if you know a friend or family member is leaning toward a candidate, print them a copy of the comparison and hand it to them.

Some great flyers could be made with the "comparison" idea, too.

Hey, I'm no video artist, but would be willing to work on the writing end, in collaboration with others.

Yes! Great idea. I'm more of an internet junkie so my line of thinking tends to go there first, but you're embracing the idea. :)

Kap
11-17-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm game as well. I can do some YouTube videos on it as well. Let's try to organize this idea a bit.

Let's see who we have:

Democrats

Hillary Clinton
Obama Barack
John Edwards

Republicans

Rudolph Guiliani
Mitt Romney
John McCain (we could post his Bomb Iran video. That's a classic)

Current Issues:

Patriot Act, Military Commisions Act, HR 1955
The War in Iraq
The Federal Reserve (or any economic policy)
Socialized Healthcare
Taking care of our veterans
Constitutional Rights

anything else?

Dan Hall
11-17-2007, 01:56 PM
It's up to us! Who's with me??? Who can do this?

I'm with you Matthew!!!

Your post is OUTSTANDING Matthew. We are great in number ONLINE.

What I propose is that we (thousands of us) all NETWORK together in MATRIX fashion each obtaining OUR OWN WEBSITE in which we can hire professionals to place the content you mentioned.

We can have thousands and thousands of:

RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-OURNAMES -------- DOMAIN NAMES

I already have www.RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-DanHall.ws

By each of us each following this NAMING PATTERN we will be able to encourage anyone to Google: "RonPaul-FreedomNetwork" and they'll be able to see the results growing & growing & growing... on into the thousands and thousands of us.

Each of us as we encourage just a few other Ron Paul supporters each to JOIN us in this process, will receive revenue (monthly residual income) with which we can hire videographers, webmasters to create and place content for each of our websites.

I, like you, do not have the technical prowess (knowing web-design/mastering) but there are plenty of Ron Paul supporters out here among us who do. They can be the webmasters of our WebSites and place the content we simply ask them (hire them) to place there. Content that of course promotes Ron Paul and shows the comparisons between the candidates as you've mentioned which is certainly and indeed a very IMPORTANT STRATEGY.

Please see the EXPLANATION of the RON PAUL FREEDOM NETWORK I've placed in my signature and see the FLASH for how the NETWORKING WORKS.

Creating our DOMAIN NAMES takes only a matter of minutes. We then invite a few others we know to do as we've done, they in turn do likewise. Our NETWORKS grow and grow... the number of sites grow and grow... ad infinitum

Brian Bailey
11-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Great idea. Let's keep the ideas and discussion flowing.

Matthew Zak
11-17-2007, 01:57 PM
The youtube channel is Libertyproject08.

Should I post the password publicly?

yongrel
11-17-2007, 02:02 PM

No, do not post it publicly (too many trolls/nogoodniks)

Instead, if you plan on maintaining this channel, have people send you their videos. That way, you can collect them all in one place. They would still get credit in the info of the video, but this would allow for one location while keeping the workload from being focused on one person.

Zarxrax
11-17-2007, 02:02 PM

No way!

Matthew Zak
11-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Alright, well in that case, everyone should bookmark this page (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Libertyproject08). PM me for the password and I will give it to you so that we can divide out efforts more affectively. :)

Matthew Zak
11-17-2007, 02:16 PM
I am leaving right now but when I come back I will be doing as much as I can to make this happen. I don't know a lot, nor do I have many resources, but I do have ideas. :)

Energy
11-17-2007, 02:58 PM
We can try this out for brainstorming, I threw in Kap's ideas:

https://libertyproject08.pbwiki.com/shared.php?aph=4006d3044ca9d0b29fcb484d71d09461f27 84c18

Just click on "Edit Page" and add your ideas.

It's a collaborative scratch pad. If it doesn't help at all, we can abandon it - no loss. The issue I'm seeing is no more than 1 person can edit it at the same time - which makes sense but could also be annoying when you have an idea floating around.

Matthew Zak
11-17-2007, 08:15 PM
bump

Zarxrax
11-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Update the page with some formal goals and guidelines, spelling out exactly what needs to be done. Have a spot where people can sign up and say they can contribute in a certain way.

Maybe this thread should also be moved to the video and image projects forum.

Zarxrax
11-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Also, after thinking a bit, maybe it would be better to focus each video on an issue, rather than have each video be vs another candidate. Or does that kinda miss the whole idea of the thing?

I'm just thinking if you have a bunch of videos like paul vs clinton, paul vs, guilliani, etc, they are all going to contain the exact same info and clips about dr. paul.

Kap
11-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Also, after thinking a bit, maybe it would be better to focus each video on an issue, rather than have each video be vs another candidate. Or does that kinda miss the whole idea of the thing?

I'm just thinking if you have a bunch of videos like paul vs clinton, paul vs, guilliani, etc, they are all going to contain the exact same info and clips about dr. paul.

That makes more sense. Thanks for the suggestion. I found a great video on NAFTA as well I'll include it.

Kap
11-17-2007, 09:16 PM

I can't find your channel on YouTube. I have about 300 videos I've been collecting since I heard of Ron Paul. My channel name is Kapan60.

I like the Domain Name idea as well. We can use the YouTube site to collect the videos and then have someone embedd them in a single page with some text articles.

We could have other information relating to the Federal Reserve, National Debt, and other national issues Ron Paul is willing to address as well.

Matthew Zak
11-17-2007, 09:37 PM
I can't find your channel on YouTube. I have about 300 videos I've been collecting since I heard of Ron Paul. My channel name is Kapan60.

I like the Domain Name idea as well. We can use the YouTube site to collect the videos and then have someone embedd them in a single page with some text articles.

We could have other information relating to the Federal Reserve, National Debt, and other national issues Ron Paul is willing to address as well.

I'm sorry I meant that the user name is Libertyproject08.

Steve4RP
11-17-2007, 09:40 PM
I think a video of Ron Paul addressing issues and different candidates dogging the same questions would also be a good idea.

Kap
11-17-2007, 11:11 PM
I've updated a few things attached to my sig. If anyone is interested on this project let me know and we can start up a buddy list for collaboration.

What I currently need is YouTube vidoes sent to LibertyProject08 of any presidential candidate on the issues, any text information that supports Ron Paul's beliefs.

What I'm hoping to create out of this is a large grassroots collaboration on a website that has every issue covered to draw in new voters and help new supporters find Meetup groups in their state.

Energy
11-17-2007, 11:26 PM
I've updated a few things attached to my sig. If anyone is interested on this project let me know and we can start up a buddy list for collaboration.

I'm keeping tabs on this thread, so count me in as helping out.

Kap
11-17-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm keeping tabs on this thread, so count me in as helping out.

Right now any YouTube videos you can find send to LibertyProject 08. I'm going to update my sig and call it a night.

Later

Matthew Zak
11-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Thank god you guys are more organized than I am. :) I've always been more of a motivator than a doer -- but I'm trying to learn to do both.

While we are combing the net for this juicy content, we should provide specific details such as what is said at which point in the clips to make it easier to extract and edit later on.

I've been pretty busy tonight so I haven't had much time to do anything, but I do have a few hours each day where I can sit down and dedicate to this -- to help find videos, edit wikis, and at the very least -- motivate. :)

I have to say though that you guys are amazing! To see people as passionate about something as I am -- refreshing. :)

Kap
11-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Thank god you guys are more organized than I am. :) I've always been more of a motivator than a doer -- but I'm trying to learn to do both.

While we are combing the net for this juicy content, we should provide specific details such as what is said at which point in the clips to make it easier to extract and edit later on.

I've been pretty busy tonight so I haven't had much time to do anything, but I do have a few hours each day where I can sit down and dedicate to this -- to help find videos, edit wikis, and at the very least -- motivate. :)

I have to say though that you guys are amazing! To see people as passionate about something as I am -- refreshing. :)

I've just been looking for an idea to sink my teeth into. You can copy my sig if you want or add me to a buddy list.

I sent a few videos already to LibertyProject08. If we can tie this in with the Meetup groups, fundraising, RonPaul graphs, and the Paultneer it should be good.

Lord Xar
11-17-2007, 11:37 PM
I agree..

videos, like a head to head... this is a great idea...

James R
11-18-2007, 12:11 AM
We're all banking, literally, on the idea that the money bomb will make Ron Paul a top tier candidate. And I've seen some discussion about where to go from there to continue moving this revolution forward. It seams that we're all focused on the 16th so much that anything before or after that date doesn't really matter -- but it DOES. Right NOW matters every bit as much as December 16 because RIGHT NOW we have to plan ahead.

I think it's very important that we make a campaign of sorts that compares Ron Paul to the other candidates, both Republicans AND Democrats. All the fliers, videos, and marketing ploys are very useful in raising money, but soon it will be critical that we put as much effort in explaining exactly WHY Ron Paul really is the best choice. I know that's Ron Paul's job, and that's what he's supposed to be spending all this money on -- but his campaign is but a few compared to ours -- and they're much busier planning all the next stages, so their attention and creativity is divided.

It's up to us!

I think there needs to be a video which compares Ron Paul head to head with other candidates. And in each video compare everything from the way they talk to the things they say to the things they've done that makes Ron Paul BETTER. So there needs to be half a dozen videos, each with enough content to make comparative points.

So that way when someone googles a candidates name, they may find a video that profoundly makes Ron Paul look like the obvious choice. It doesn't have to be an attack AT ALL, in fact is shouldn't be. Just comparative points. We're confident in our candidate, right? Why else would we support him so strongly? Let's show other people (who don't even know his name yet) why we're so confident in him and why he's the best man for the job.

To do this we'll need to organize our efforts on the internet. We'll need to collect many video clips of each top tier candidate, and more of Ron Paul as well. Unfortunately I do not have those resources (I'm clueless as to how some people come up with them). Someone will then have to put the videos together. We could have one single person make every video, or it can be a free for all -- and critique them as we go (personally I like this approach).

I think this could be EXTREMELY effective, as there are so many people out there who are still unsure who they support, and don't know why they should support someone other than Guliani, or Clinton.

Who's with me??? Who can do this?

I'm concerned about the huge focus on TeaParty07. Everyone checks it daily, but they don't check our progress with our so-called #1 priority of getting delegates on a daily basis. TeaParty07 is one of the most important things, but still there should be more attention to the delegates.

Matthew Zak
11-18-2007, 12:11 AM
I've just been looking for an idea to sink my teeth into. You can copy my sig if you want or add me to a buddy list.

I sent a few videos already to LibertyProject08. If we can tie this in with the Meetup groups, fundraising, RonPaul graphs, and the Paultneer it should be good.

Consider your sig copied. :)

Matthew Zak
11-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Does anyone here have the ability to "rip" these clips so they can distribute them out?

Kap
11-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Does anyone here have the ability to "rip" these clips so they can distribute them out?

I do, but what we need is someone who can post these on a website.

Kap
11-20-2007, 10:21 PM
/bump

Primbs
11-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Many people will vote on who they think can best beat Hillary. We need to make a convincing video showing that Ron Paul can beat the Democrats.

Matthew Zak
11-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Many people will vote on who they think can best beat Hillary. We need to make a convincing video showing that Ron Paul can beat the Democrats.

I've been realizing this recently myself. Ron is quickly picking up steam, so we need to step up NOW.

Matthew Zak
07-22-2009, 09:57 PM
This idea could still be quite effective, even expanded upon to include all candidates versus liberty.