PDA

View Full Version : Would the real Ron Paul please stand up?

J. W. Evans
07-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Voters in the 5th District Republican primary August 7 will see a couple of familiar names on the ballot: Jacob Turk, who is running for a fourth time to unseat Congressman Emanuel Cleaver, and Ron Paul.

But not that Ron Paul.

The other candidate is Ron Paul Shawd, a 58-year-old former car dealer from Lee’s Summit making the most of his first and middle names. He filed with the Missouri Secretary of State’s office to run as “Ron Paul Shawd.” His campaign’s Web address is RonPaul4Congress.com. He also named his Facebook page “Ron Paul for Congress.”

[...]

Shawd is unapologetic for capitalizing on his name.

“My name is Ron Paul,” he says. “I think it’s pretty sad that people knock that when you use your real name. And I’m trying to get a little publicity.”

Jason Greene is also running for the 5th District Republican nomination. He’s annoyed with Shawd’s campaign for trying to piggyback off the popularity of the other Ron Paul, the 76-year-old Texas congressman and libertarian icon running for the Republican presidential nomination.

“Some of us in our campaign are very frustrated that he’s done this because a lot of Ron Paul folks are supporting us in the primary,” says Greene, a 29-year-old teacher running for office for the first time.

Greene has reason to be upset. He says Ron Paul — the congressman — has verbally endorsed his campaign.

Link (http://www.pitch.com/plog/archives/2012/07/18/would-the-real-ron-paul-please-stand-up)

sailingaway
07-18-2012, 10:51 PM
LOL!

But if Ron had endorsed his campaign wouldn't we know about it?