PDA

View Full Version : Jim DeMint Says Palin can draw the biggest crowds for republicans

mike6623
07-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Gretta was interviewing him about allowing a tea party person to speak at the convention, Ron Paul was never mentioned. He said Palin can draw the biggest crown among republicans, as well as Rubio.....really? WTF

How is Ron Paul, the only other person running against Romney, the only Candidate that draws thousands every time he speaks not even mentioned???

Feeding the Abscess
07-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Among strictly Republicans, he might be right. Ron's crowds have lots of non-Republicans in them (thank your deity of choice).

mike6623
07-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Crowds are important, they are just scared that he actually may have the ability to change peoples minds. In my opinion

Feeding the Abscess
07-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Crowds are important, they are just scared that he actually may have the ability to change peoples minds. In my opinion

You're exactly right.

Drex
07-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Guys Palin is the true tea party candidate... show a little respect please!

puppetmaster
07-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Guys Palin is the true tea party candidate... show a little respect please! she's a clown

mike6623
07-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Guys Palin is the true tea party candidate... show a little respect please!
I mean, I'd trow er a bang.....but she is a joke, purely and simply a joke. It amazes me how so many people are willing to accept Romney, even though they know HE is a joke!

satchelmcqueen
07-19-2012, 04:45 PM
sorry but i have no more respect for jim demint after this election. just when paul NEEDED big time endorsements, every last person who could have made a difference who complained to hell and back the last decade did NOTHING to help ron with their endorsement except jesse ventura. he was the only one who stuck his neck out reguardless of backlash from the party.

palin complained of big government, yet no endorsement. same goes for pathetic glen beck. i watched him for 3 years on fox complain and even called ron names, but then later call him the "closest thing we have to the founding fathers" ...yet no endorsment.

bachmann turned on ron in the debates and even called him dangerous.

fuck these people and fuck jim demint.

just how i see it.

edit: and props to gary johnson for saying he would pick ron as vp in that one debate if he had to pick right then.

LibertyEagle
07-19-2012, 04:49 PM
sorry but i have no more respect for jim demint after this election. just when paul NEEDED big time endorsements, every last person who could have made a difference who complained to hell and back the last decade did NOTHING to help ron with their endorsement except jesse ventura. he was the only one who stuck his neck out reguardless of backlash from the party.

palin complained of big government, yet no endorsement. same goes for pathetic glen beck. i watched him for 3 years on fox complain and even called ron names, but then later call him the "closest thing we have to the founding fathers" ...yet no endorsment.

bachmann turned on ron in the debates and even called him dangerous.

fuck these people and fuck jim demint.

just how i see it.

edit: and props to gary johnson for saying he would pick ron as vp in that one debate if he had to pick right then.

It sounded to me that they were freaked out by their perception of his foreign policy.

havox112
07-31-2012, 03:50 AM
It sounded to me that they were freaked out by their perception of his foreign policy.

Freaked out because his foreign policy is not part of their interests. Corporate media pays them to be silent.

LibertyEagle
07-31-2012, 05:13 AM
Freaked out because his foreign policy is not part of their interests. Corporate media pays them to be silent.

I'm sure you are right with some, but not with everyone. Rank and file Republicans aren't paid off.

cstarace
07-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Do we really require any further evidence that DeMint is largely a clown and shouldn't be looked towards as an important figure in this movement?

GeorgiaAvenger
07-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Do we really require any further evidence that DeMint is largely a clown and shouldn't be looked towards as an important figure in this movement?Is he wrong?

DeMint isn't a liberty candidate, but I like him. He just killed two U.N. treaties.

cstarace
07-31-2012, 04:34 PM
Is he wrong?

DeMint isn't a liberty candidate, but I like him. He just killed two U.N. treaties.
Who here wants Sarah Palin drawing massive crowds to spread the neo-conservative message?

DeMintConservative
07-31-2012, 04:42 PM
I watched this and it was a fairly value-free statement.

Palin is easily the top crowd-getter within the GOP. Had she run for President, she'd have lost handily, but her crowds would have been larger than Ron Paul's.

cstarace
07-31-2012, 04:49 PM
I watched this and it was a fairly value-free statement.

Palin is easily the top crowd-getter within the GOP. Had she run for President, she'd have lost handily, but her crowds would have been larger than Ron Paul's.
Drawing crowds accomplishes nothing if she's spreading the wrong message. Palin isn't a tea-partier and DeMint is perpetuating the decay of the original message and intent behind the Tea Party by considering her as one.

GeorgiaAvenger
07-31-2012, 07:00 PM
Drawing crowds accomplishes nothing if she's spreading the wrong message. Palin isn't a tea-partier and DeMint is perpetuating the decay of the original message and intent behind the Tea Party by considering her as one.

What is your problem? He said what is probably right.

cstarace
07-31-2012, 07:18 PM
What is your problem? He said what is probably right.
My problem is that this guy is touted as a friend of the liberty movement when there's a mountain of evidence to the contrary, this just being the latest example. Saying that Sarah Palin would be a good voice for the Tea Party in Tampa is simply not true. Palin and the Tea Party (at least the original Tea Party, not the newfangled neo-con interpretation) are incompatible. She might draw crowds, but she's sending the wrong message.

Palin is a douche and DeMint is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

GeorgiaAvenger
07-31-2012, 07:23 PM
My problem is that this guy is touted as a friend of the liberty movement when there's a mountain of evidence to the contrary, this just being the latest example. Saying that Sarah Palin would be a good voice for the Tea Party in Tampa is simply not true. Palin and the Tea Party (at least the original Tea Party, not the newfangled neo-con interpretation) are incompatible. She might draw crowds, but she's sending the wrong message.

Palin is a douche and DeMint is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

DeMint is what he is. He doesn't claim to be part of this movement, but he gets along with us and does good things.

cstarace
07-31-2012, 07:30 PM
DeMint is what he is. He doesn't claim to be part of this movement, but he gets along with us and does good things.
I'm not a fan of compromise. Is he better than the majority of those in the Senate? Sure. Does that say much? No. Anybody touting Sarah Palin as a voice for the Tea Party isn't a friend of liberty in my book.

NIU Students for Liberty
07-31-2012, 07:36 PM
It's people like Jim DeMint who are going to make me miss Ron Paul even more once he's out of office.

AuH20
08-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Like it or not, Palin is a huge celebrity. I think some people are taking the comment far too personal.