PDA

View Full Version : NH should be easy, look

ProBlue33
11-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Ron just wipes everybody out at every straw poll in NH so far.

New Hampshire Straw Poll Results - 2008 Presidential Election
Veteran's Park Straw Poll
9/16/07
N=?
Source
Candidate %
Ron Paul 66
Fred Thompson 10
Rudy Giuliani 9
Mike Huckabee 7
Mitt Romney 3
Tom Tancredo 2
John Cox 2
John McCain 1
Sam Brownback 1

Strafford County (NH) Republican Party
8/18/07
N=288
Source
Candidate %
Ron Paul 73
Mitt Romney 9
Mike Huckabee 7
Tom Tancredo 3
John McCain 2
John Cox 2
Duncan Hunter 2
Fred Thompson 2
Rudy Giuliani 1
Sam Brownback 0

9th Annual CNHT Family Reunion Picnic
7/7/07
N=294
Source
Candidate Votes
Ron Paul 182
Rudy Giuliani 22
Daniel Gilbert 20
Mitt Romney 13
Mike Huckabee 10
Tommy Thompson 9
Sam Brownback 8
Duncan Hunter 6
Newt Gingrich 5
John Cox 4
Fred Thompson 4
Tom Tancredo 3
Robert Haines 2
George Phillies 2
John McCain 1
Barack Obama 1
Dennis Kucinich 1
Mickey Mouse 1

Taken from usaelectionpolls

Mickey Mouse:p

Adamsa
11-17-2007, 10:48 AM
We need to pull a Bob Dole and shout about these straw polls all the time.

Jimmy
11-17-2007, 10:50 AM
All those all the straw polls conducted there? Is there a complete list of them anywhere? Thanks

uncloned21
11-17-2007, 10:55 AM
All those all the straw polls conducted there? Is there a complete list of them anywhere? Thanks

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/straw-poll-results/

ProBlue33
11-17-2007, 10:59 AM
This shows he can win in NH, and when he does it's going to be a whole new ball game for him because he will then be top-tier in a way that can't be disputed and even more money will start to come his way, also some people might start dropping out when they know they have no chance.

adwads
11-17-2007, 11:19 AM
The thing I want to know is are we purposely bombarding these straw polls or does Ron Paul actually have this high level support among ordinary Republican voters now in NH?

Wayne Hammond
11-17-2007, 11:22 AM
The thing I want to know is are we purposely bombarding these straw polls or does Ron Paul actually have this high level support among ordinary Republican voters now in NH?

Good question. Anyone know?

samtechlan
11-17-2007, 11:24 AM
NH won't be easy. The straw polls reflect that among politically active folks Dr. Paul has a lot of support. A lot of the general public is not actively engaged yet.
I believe that we can win NH and a strong showing is almost a certainty but we should not fool ourselves into thinking that it will be easy.

me3
11-17-2007, 11:25 AM
NH will not be easy. There is still a lot of work to do.

Adamsa
11-17-2007, 11:27 AM
Good question. Anyone know?

Probably a mixture of both.

LBT
11-17-2007, 11:29 AM
I don't know, but I'll guess based on some figures.

Current NH support approx 8%. I expect will increase to 15%

Of Republicans, about 10% will vote for their prefered candidate, but for Ron Paul I expect 50%.

So 8% support would poll around 25-30%. If he hits 15% through normal polls it will be much higher. 35% would probably win.

adwads
11-17-2007, 11:33 AM
I don't know, but I'll guess based on some figures.

Current NH support approx 8%. I expect will increase to 15%

Of Republicans, about 10% will vote for their prefered candidate, but for Ron Paul I expect 50%.

So 8% support would poll around 25-30%. If he hits 15% through normal polls it will be much higher. 35% would probably win.

I'd say that more like 80-90% of Ron Paul voters will turn out to vote, so it could actually be a HUGE upset on primary election day.

In some ways my question about whether the straw polls reflect real support is irrelevant. All that it proves is that Ron Paul supporters show up at every straw poll and at every event, and therefore are more likely to actually show up to vote in the primary. Way more likely than any other supporter of any other Republican candidate. I think were in a good position to finish 1st or 2nd in NH.

LBT
11-17-2007, 11:53 AM
I'd say that more like 80-90% of Ron Paul voters will turn out to vote, so it could actually be a HUGE upset on primary election day.

In some ways my question about whether the straw polls reflect real support is irrelevant. All that it proves is that Ron Paul supporters show up at every straw poll and at every event, and therefore are more likely to actually show up to vote in the primary. Way more likely than any other supporter of any other Republican candidate. I think were in a good position to finish 1st or 2nd in NH.
I hope so too, but I'm trying to be conservative.

I doubt many of the new Ron Paul prefering voters will be as passionate as we on the forums are. Though I do expect them to 'stick' much more than other candidates' supporters.

adwads
11-17-2007, 12:00 PM
I hope so too, but I'm trying to be conservative.

I doubt many of the new Ron Paul prefering voters will be as passionate as we on the forums are. Though I do expect them to 'stick' much more than other candidates' supporters.

Generally speaking, it seems like when someone FINALLY converts into a supporter of Ron Paul, its a dramatic change and the person becomes very committed to Ron Paul winning. It's easy to get excited about someone who will actually SOLVE the problems we have in this country. It's hard to get excited about other candidates because they all represent the status quo.

Adamsa
11-17-2007, 12:01 PM
We shouldn't assume anything and should push until the last minute.

Ninja Homer
11-17-2007, 12:14 PM
It could be easy, but only if every single Ron Paul supporter gets out and votes for him in the primaries... and making that happen won't be so easy.

RevolutionSD
11-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Tancredo on the verge of dropping out, not that it matters. I heard him on an interview the other night and that crazy ad he made was his "going out with a bang". In the next couple of weeks his departure should be official.