PDA

View Full Version : Nevada: 10% say Ron Paul most likely to bring needed change

curtisag
11-17-2007, 10:29 AM
...Yet his polling is only 8% currently overall. I wonder why those extra 2% are voting for someone else when they obviously believe in Ron's message. Perhaps they don't think he can win right now, but that media created idea is changing fast.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/11/16/relnvfri.pdf

uncloned21
11-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I'd like to see less of Paul in the 2nd choice. How could anyone vote that way haha.

1LBRT
11-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Ron Paul will bring enormous change...so much change that those 2% aren't ready to handle it yet. When the shit really hits the fan, they will be.

Zydeco
11-17-2007, 10:41 AM
...Yet his polling is only 8% currently overall. I wonder why those extra 2% are voting for someone else when they obviously believe in Ron's message. Perhaps they don't think he can win right now, but that media created idea is changing fast.

I think a certain % of people are reluctant to vote for Paul until they feel he has a chance to win. He's starting to push double digits in some of these state polls 8% in NH and NV), once they start seeing him in double digits that will be a big psychological boost and I think we'll see more of a bandwagon effect. The whole single digits vs. double digits thing is big in people's minds.

I like, for example, that the Washington Post article on the Liberty Dollar raid mentioned that RP is "pushing double digits" in some of the state polls. That sounds a lot better than "polling in single digits".

jake
11-17-2007, 10:42 AM
11% is a magic number for reaching the masses

derdy
11-17-2007, 10:45 AM
The best and only change he can bring is a checked and balanced executive branch. It's up to us to follow through in getting concerned citizens educated in Constitutional principles elected to office if we're not running for office ourselves. ;)

JustBcuz
11-17-2007, 10:57 AM
We've got a GREAT shot at winning Nevada.

Nevadans have always had a libertarian leaning...legalized gambling, prostitution, etc. Plus the rural communities are very NRA, small-government types. Fiscal responsibility plays well here, along w/ border security. The California transplants can be sold on the war.

The other campaigns are ignoring Nevada; they don't know how to campaign here, and they'd rather spend their $$$ in 'traditional' states like NH & Iowa.

Nevada is not used to being a early primary state, the locals don't know that the caucus is in January...Turnout is going to be ATROCIOUS!!!

Our voter change registration date is fast approaching tho...it's the 19th of Dec., provided the party doesn't try to move the date up (I don't think they will, but you never know).

After Dec 19th I hope we can flip enough Republicans to take the whole thing.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-17-2007, 11:22 AM

margin of error

me3
11-17-2007, 11:23 AM
With the people I talk to, many are concerned about his elect ability more than his positions.

That is why Iowa and NH are so important. As well as the money bombs. They validate his potential.

stefans
11-17-2007, 11:29 AM

only 2% think ron paul can't win? that's great!

JustBcuz
11-17-2007, 11:49 AM
With the people I talk to, many are concerned about his elect ability more than his positions.

A couple bullet points that have worked for me:

-Raised 4.2M in ONE DAY...has more $$$ than...
-Poling 6-8% NATIONWIDE and growing daily
-Poling the same as/higher than Kerry at the same time last election cycle, and that's with much lower name recognition
-No body really WANTS to vote for Guilliani, Romney, McCain, etc., they are looking for something else, and finding it in Dr. Paul., hence the growth #s.
-Straw polls, Straw polls, Straw polls
-Debate polling results.

RevolutionSD
11-17-2007, 12:24 PM
We've got a GREAT shot at winning Nevada.

Nevadans have always had a libertarian leaning...legalized gambling, prostitution, etc. Plus the rural communities are very NRA, small-government types. Fiscal responsibility plays well here, along w/ border security. The California transplants can be sold on the war.

The other campaigns are ignoring Nevada; they don't know how to campaign here, and they'd rather spend their $$$ in 'traditional' states like NH & Iowa.

Nevada is not used to being a early primary state, the locals don't know that the caucus is in January...Turnout is going to be ATROCIOUS!!!

Our voter change registration date is fast approaching tho...it's the 19th of Dec., provided the party doesn't try to move the date up (I don't think they will, but you never know).

After Dec 19th I hope we can flip enough Republicans to take the whole thing.

NV almost elected Aarron Russo as governor several years ago! We HAVE to take Nevada!