PDA

View Full Version : Examiner: 'RNC confirms Ron Paul will be up for nomination'

SilenceDewgooder
07-17-2012, 01:50 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/rnc-confirms-ron-paul-will-be-up-for-nomination

Lightweis
07-17-2012, 01:50 PM
I wonder if anyone else will pick this up?!

RonPaulFever
07-17-2012, 02:00 PM
In the words of the illustrious and eloquent Joe Biden, "This is a big f**king deal!"

playboymommy
07-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Isn't this what we want? One step closer to winning POTUS!

romancito
07-17-2012, 02:12 PM
I'll take that as a victory without any further emotion. Now to wait for ways in which an upset can work its way to the floor vote. Romney you are chopped.

randpaul2016
07-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Ben Swann – Facts: Clarification from the RNC rules committee, Ron Paul has 6 states

Ben Swann of Reality Check with Ben Swann and an award winning nightime news anchor at WXIX FOX 19 in Cincinnati joins Daily Paul Radio with Kurt Wallace for ‘Facts: Clarification from the RNC rules committee, Ron Paul has 6 states' to discuss the details about his converstaions with rules committee and what that means for the many states in question regarding the nomination of Ron Paul eligibility at the RNC in Tampa. Ben also explains more regarding the unbound and bound delegates lawsuit and what a decision made prior to convention would do.

Tiso0770
07-17-2012, 02:31 PM
:eek::D:D

+rep

randpaul2016
07-17-2012, 02:35 PM
So exactly whats this mean besides that he will get to have a speach? HOW could he get the nomination? Someone please break it down!

tbone717
07-17-2012, 03:22 PM
So exactly whats this mean besides that he will get to have a speach? HOW could he get the nomination? Someone please break it down!

Technically, there would need to be a motion made to suspend the rules and unbind the delegates. Then that motion would have to be passed (2/3 majority IIRC). Then 1144 delegates would have to vote for Ron Paul.

Realistically, it isn't happening. Be happy that he will get a speech and the opportunity to show that the liberty movement is a growing force in the party.

Tiffalina
07-17-2012, 03:29 PM
I think a speech is a big deal and it won't be the nice little show the RNC wants = awesome. :)

idiom
07-17-2012, 03:36 PM
"Vote for Me, there is still time for us to select a candidate who actually understands the economy and can beat Obama!"

One way to turn the convention.

cajuncocoa
07-17-2012, 03:42 PM
This is great news!!

Tinnuhana
07-17-2012, 03:47 PM
This: Get more and more co-sponsors for HR459 (Audit the Fed) so he's got some ammunition for his speech. Help get all the delegates to Tampa (or is some of the money on hand going to pay for that?)
Wish list: a couple of those great signs that graced the skyline in Mineapolis-st. Paul. And, of course, the blimp :D

trey4sports
07-17-2012, 03:51 PM
i think this is a pretty big deal, and i think that this is really the best we can hope for at this point is an unedited nom. speech and it looks as though well get it.

musicmax
07-17-2012, 03:56 PM
I wonder if anyone else will pick this up?!

No, because it's simply a rehash of the Ben Swann stuff.

randpaul2016
07-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Technically, there would need to be a motion made to suspend the rules and unbind the delegates. Then that motion would have to be passed (2/3 majority IIRC). Then 1144 delegates would have to vote for Ron Paul.

Realistically, it isn't happening. Be happy that he will get a speech and the opportunity to show that the liberty movement is a growing force in the party.

motion to suspend the rules and unbind the delegates?

CPUd
07-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Swann said in the interview that Virginia would be #6, but (IMO) there are conflicting reports on who has the plurality (in the case of VA, majority, since only 2 on the primary ballot).

The RNC person he has been talking with in no way said that RP is on the ballot, she just said the statements made by Swann were correct, in that boundedness doesn't matter for Rule 40. Swann also said that the state delegations need to take the initiative and confirm for themselves, and not rely on the press for something of this magnitude. the leadership in the party will not let this happen if they can get away with it, so delegates, don't go to the RNC thinking a plan is in place, or they will get rolled over.

Here is the interview with DP Radio: http://dailypaulradio.com/radio/2012/07/17/ben-swann-facts-clarification-from-the-rnc-rules-committee-ron-paul-has-6-states/

MelissaCato
07-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Ron Paul 2012 !!

romancito
07-17-2012, 05:23 PM

You are a technical genius. I instead just say the flyers all over the floor will be calling Romney on Romneycare and he will be chopped.

romancito
07-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Swann said in the interview that Virginia would be #6, but (IMO) there are conflicting reports on who has the plurality (in the case of VA, majority, since only 2 on the primary ballot).

The RNC person he has been talking with in no way said that RP is on the ballot, she just said the statements made by Swann were correct, in that boundedness doesn't matter for Rule 40. Swann also said that the state delegations need to take the initiative and confirm for themselves, and not rely on the press for something of this magnitude. the leadership in the party will not let this happen if they can get away with it, so delegates, don't go to the RNC thinking a plan is in place, or they will get rolled over.

Here is the interview with DP Radio: http://dailypaulradio.com/radio/2012/07/17/ben-swann-facts-clarification-from-the-rnc-rules-committee-ron-paul-has-6-states/

That's what I've saying. Rule 40b is addressed to Ron Paul and not to anyone else, delegates, delegation chairs, etc. It is Ron Paul himself who has to get certification from the delegations that they will or are willing to place his name in nomination and it is he who has to notify the RNC of such certification. So it is up to Ron Paul or his representative to get rule 40b to operate. 2cents.

Britannia
07-17-2012, 05:28 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/rnc-confirms-ron-paul-will-be-up-for-nomination

Unless I'm missing something there's no confirmation from the RNC in this article?

anaconda
07-17-2012, 05:29 PM
The guy writing the article (a student and obviously a Ron Paul fan) is taking the opinion of one dude, second hand. I'm not getting my hopes up because of this one blog post.

Constitutional Paulicy
07-19-2012, 02:21 PM
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/de/a0/1342549859_1263_p.jpg

RNC confirms Ron Paul will be up for nomination
July 17, 2012
By: Mason Buran

The Republican National Convention is quickly approaching (August 26th). For over the past year, avid Ron Paul supporters have won delegate spots in various state conventions across the country. Through this hard-work, Ron Paul will officially be allowed to be nominated for the nominee of the Republican Party.

more here.... http://www.examiner.com/article/rnc-confirms-ron-paul-will-be-up-for-nomination

NoPants
07-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Wow! Great news!

fisharmor
07-19-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm gonna have to stick my finger in a nail hole before I believe it.

talkingpointes
07-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Georgia Avenger in 5.4.3.2.1.

ClydeCoulter
07-19-2012, 03:43 PM
i think this is a pretty big deal, and i think that this is really the best we can hope for at this point is an unedited nom. speech and it looks as though well get it.

Yep, I agree, at least we/he has earned it.

Hey, I want to post your signature pic on FB, where can I get a link to a larger version?

Veteran Citizen
07-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Any independent confirmation??????????

sailingaway
07-19-2012, 04:44 PM
The guy writing the article (a student and obviously a Ron Paul fan) is taking the opinion of one dude, second hand. I'm not getting my hopes up because of this one blog post.

Ben Swann of Fox19 in Cincinnati posted on his facebook that a rules committee member at the RNC confirmed that delegate binding on a ballot doesn't impact the nomination process.

Vanilluxe
07-20-2012, 01:39 AM
Everyone missed the part of the article where the rules committee person said since they are a private organizations, they do not have to follow their own rules or statements.

puppetmaster
07-20-2012, 02:11 AM
I don't think o romma will be the nominee