PDA

View Full Version : Cop shootings

jbauer
07-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Whats up with all the cop shootings? I don't buy that all cops are evil. I know a few who aren't. There has to be some command from higher up in the government to be more aggressive. Maybe its just the times we live in? Maybe its all the "cool" equipment they have received recently?

Here in TN they put in a full swat unit in a county with only a couple million in sales tax revenue. (very small population) In another VERY SMALL (3-4k) town they got 3 or 4 excess army hummers.

What is it? Movies, violent games, bully syndrome at school?

phill4paul
07-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Whats up with all the cop shootings? I don't buy that all cops are evil. I know a few who aren't. There has to be some command from higher up in the government to be more aggressive. Maybe its just the times we live in? Maybe its all the "cool" equipment they have received recently?

Here in TN they put in a full swat unit in a county with only a couple million in sales tax revenue. (very small population) In another VERY SMALL (3-4k) town they got 3 or 4 excess army hummers.

What is it? Movies, violent games, bully syndrome at school?

Circular Force Continuum

Hat-tip to AF

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?383133-VA-Cops-show-up-to-inform-family-that-their-son-was-murdered.-Shoot-and-kill-family-dog.

I'm pulling some old posts of mine that explained it, but search the term "circular force continuum", it's worth it to read some of our fellow RPF members that were in LE comment on it as well.

When asked why this happening more and more:

One, is a nationwide shift in police policies that have moved responses from a vertically integrated "force continuum" to a circular one. I can't speak for all states and locales, but in my little NH town this was done at the behest of the feds through the Fed Fusion center. The real world ramifications of this are that, without any intervening action, a cop may move directly to lethal force, pretty much regardless of what force may have been used against him. All he needs to do is cite "officer safety".

Two, is a solidification of the "bunker mentality", the idea that cops are "at war" (I've posted that comment from police chiefs before) and that equates to a street attitude that roughly fleshes out to "There are only three types of people in the world, cops, cops families and scumbags".

Three, is an insurance, compensation and legal incentive to blow somebody away or taser them. Believe it or not, it "costs less" to the department to gun down a mundane than it does to physically wrestle them down and restrain them if they are belligerent or uncooperative if there are any injuries to either party. This was also made clear right in my little town and was corroborated by people in other towns and states that do the same thing I do, which is to say, make a PITA of myself to the local cops at police commission meetings and so on.

Another way of answering the same question:

Because there has been a change in training, coming from both above (the Feds), sideways (the towns' lawyers and insurance) and below (the union leadership).

Everything now revolves around "officer safety".

The force continuum is no longer vertical, it is circular, meaning a cop on the scene can use whatever force comes to mind as being the most effective to ensure "officer safety", neutralizing hostiles at the scene (that's us, Mundanes, citizens) and maintaining control.

Shooting the dog is perceived as the safest route for the cop, it's also the cheapest route for the town, even if a Mundane successfully sues, it's cheaper than dealing with disability and medical care for a cop that gets bit.

And that's why calling one of these people into your home is a mistake you may never recover from.

Any dealing with a LEO must be handled with deadly seriousness.

kathy88
07-16-2012, 08:49 PM
I think it's a small penis thing myself. "little man syndrome" Like driving a truck with a lift kit. But more dangerous.

fisharmor
07-16-2012, 08:55 PM
So why does it bother you that we've gone from big and spectacular bloodbaths to everyday shootings?

We've replaced MOVE bombings, Waco firestorms, and Ruby Ridge infanticide with a new Jose Gurena every week.

And if you go back far enough, you see incidents going all the way back to the very first cops.

This is who they are.
This is what they do.
It always has been.

The only thing different is that now, they've been given a license to do what they do any time they feel like it to any member of any race.