PDA

View Full Version : PR: Cops shoot 85 year-old lady 8 times by "mistake"

aGameOfThrones
07-16-2012, 03:26 PM
An elderly woman aged 85 was shot eight times by a policeman near a shopping center in Guaynabo.

According to her daughter Elsie Rosado Rosa Reyes, her mother Catherine Reyes went to buy in a supermarket in the area when she lost control of her vehicle after having a mechanical problem that prevented her from stopping.

"They gunned her down as if she were a criminal. Now we bring to the CDT of Guaynabo, eight times they hit the car and the 85-year old woman was dying, thank god she didn't have a heart attack or was injured by the bullets, the lord was with her, "Rose said in an interview with NotiUno .

While he speculated that "surely the police believed she was taking to flight, it was not the case, she was trying to stop the vehicle and could not stop. With so much criminal on the street and they do this to this little old lady. "

In addition, a nephew of the old woman approached him to tell police that "this is my aunt and has 85 years," then the agent Rosado pointed the gun at the nephew.

The daughter of the octagenaria said she spoke with Lt. Antonio Colón Guaynabo headquarters and said they already have the police who committed the act and "we have him in custody."

It was learned that the injured are in stable condition but with the nerves out of control by the incident.

http://www.vocero.com/policia-tirotea-a-anciana-por-error/

Note: police claim that since the car had dark tinted windows they didn't know it was an old lady so they shot. :rolleyes: Shit needs to be justified one way or another.

youngbuck
07-16-2012, 03:32 PM
They were just doing their job, no?

jkr
07-16-2012, 03:32 PM
oops!

w()w

JK/SEA
07-16-2012, 03:36 PM
just setting examples...move along.

RickyJ
07-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Shot at 8 times!

What was the offense?

Not stopping at a red light?

Crazy!

fisharmor
07-16-2012, 03:50 PM
They were just doing their job, no?

Why, yes. Yes they were.

aGameOfThrones
07-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Shot at 8 times!

What was the offense?

Not stopping at a red light?

Crazy!

The offense is pending proper excuse to justify those 8 shoots.

She was in the mall's parking lot and lost control.

I saw the SUV(ford explorer) and it had 2 shoots on the hood and 2 on the windshield(one being near the drivers side).

http://recend.apextech.netdna-cdn.com/images/2012/07/16/1834108_1.jpg

ghengis86
07-16-2012, 03:59 PM
What
The
Fuck?

JK/SEA
07-16-2012, 04:05 PM
What
The
Fuck?

hey, we all make mistakes. Kinda like when the bag boy at the grocery store puts your eggs on the bottom. That sort of thing.

ghengis86
07-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Just waiting for 'protocol was followed' and 'officers reinstated after paid admin leave'.

jkr
07-16-2012, 04:08 PM
if u want omelette=shotgraNNyindaf*ce

2 week paid vacation to the bahammmmaaaaa

JK/SEA
07-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Just waiting for 'protocol was followed' and 'officers reinstated after paid admin leave'.

Of course. And don't forget a fresh box of ammo with that pay check.

odamn
07-16-2012, 04:18 PM
why would you post spanish 3rd world copcrap on ronpaul forums?

JK/SEA
07-16-2012, 04:23 PM

what difference does it make?

pretend it was in bumfuck idaho.

KingRobbStark
07-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Old or otherwise.

Equal oppression under the law.

aGameOfThrones
07-16-2012, 04:27 PM

The fact she is a U.S citizen and PR is a U.S territory.

enjerth
07-16-2012, 04:28 PM
*Sigh*

For this war, against that war.

Forgive me, I seem to forget. Which party is it that's against the wars at home?

anaconda
07-16-2012, 05:14 PM
The article is in Spanish. I'm rusty on my Spanish. So apparently this was in Puerto Rico? Are they subject to U.S. federal law?

fisharmor
07-16-2012, 05:22 PM
The article is in Spanish. I'm rusty on my Spanish. So apparently this was in Puerto Rico? Are they subject to U.S. federal law?

You can bet your ass that federal militarization bribe money has been going there.....

kcchiefs6465
07-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Cops shoot at 85 year old woman eight times.

MelissaWV
07-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Yes, Puerto Rico is subject to US law. Yes, Puerto Ricans are born US citizens. Yes, Puerto Ricans were drafted in wars and died in them. Yes, the island is overrun with illegal immigrants coming from the west. Yes, economic conditions are horrid all over the island. Yes, the US tries out a lot of programs there before unleashing them on mainland citizens.

No, Puerto Ricans do not get to vote for President in the general election. No, Puerto Ricans do not get much representation (and not too much in taxation, but more than enough to merit a role in government). No, the lady did not die. No, the island is not a "third world country."

Yes, it's sad that any of that has to be said.

MelissaWV
07-16-2012, 06:06 PM
lol... it even had a handicapped tag

Obviously it was some out of control gangbanger.

LibForestPaul
07-16-2012, 06:12 PM
The offense is pending proper excuse to justify those 8 shoots.

She was in the mall's parking lot and lost control.

I saw the SUV(ford explorer) and it had 2 shoots on the hood and 2 on the windshield(one being near the drivers side).

http://recend.apextech.netdna-cdn.com/images/2012/07/16/1834108_1.jpg

They couldn't tell her age due to the tints, so I guess handicap sticker isn't worth a dime?

Anti Federalist
07-16-2012, 06:20 PM

Because shit like this is the pointy end of the stick of all the "policy" that we are constantly wonking about.

This is where the rubber meets the road.

Dr.3D
07-16-2012, 06:36 PM
They couldn't tell her age due to the tints, so I guess handicap sticker isn't worth a dime?

And if it had been a young woman, it would have been okay for them to shoot her? What the hell does age have to do with anything?

angelatc
07-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Well, you can't taze someone driving a car!!! Sheesh, you people.

MelissaWV
07-16-2012, 06:49 PM
And if it had been a young woman, it would have been okay for them to shoot her? What the hell does age have to do with anything?

The police have said, as an excuse, that the tinted windows meant they could not see who was driving and trying to run them down. The point is that their "excuse" is ridiculous in every possible sense.

brushfire
07-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Where there's less accountablility there's more mistakes.

coastie
07-16-2012, 07:25 PM
The police have said, as an excuse, that the tinted windows meant they could not see who was driving and trying to run them down. The point is that their "excuse" is ridiculous in every possible sense.

Also.....what fucking state(or territory) allows you to tint the FRONT windows??? I'm going to guess none, at least not to the point you can't see the driver. That car's front windshield is not tinted.

Cops watch too much COPS on TV. They'd have much better results shooting into the engine area, rather than trying to shoot the driver through a surface that's angled. The bullets will deflect up when shooting at a windshield from outside, down when shooting from within a car.

aGameOfThrones
07-16-2012, 07:33 PM
http://recend.apextech.netdna-cdn.com/images/2012/07/16/1834108_3.jpg

aGameOfThrones
07-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Also.....what fucking state(or territory) allows you to tint the FRONT windows??? I'm going to guess none, at least not to the point you can't see the driver. That car's front windshield is not tinted.

Cops watch too much COPS on TV. They'd have much better results shooting into the engine area, rather than trying to shoot the driver through a surface that's angled. The bullets will deflect up when shooting at a windshield from outside, down when shooting from within a car.

35% and up are the allowed limits for tinted windows(non factory installed), but the front is clearly not tinted.

Tod
07-16-2012, 08:19 PM

You do know this happened in Puerto Rico, don't you? And P.R. is a United States territory.

kcchiefs6465
07-16-2012, 08:30 PM
35% and up are the allowed limits for tinted windows(non factory installed), but the front is clearly not tinted.
Depends on where you are at. (The tint limit, as well as whether a cop will harrass you over it) When I lived in Arizona 35% seemed to be the minimum and 15% seemed what was on a majority of cars. I lived out there for two years and have never heard of an instance that the cops stopped someone for tints darker than the legal limit. (I believe the limit to be 33%) Depends on the area. Out in Ohio you could very well be stopped for 35% tint. A 'probable cause' of sorts. I guess my point being, if they want to stop you they will. If they feel their life threatened in the smallest they will shoot you. 'Probable cause' and 'justification' arise after those facts.

ETA: It appears Ohio has a 50% tint law in effect. What a crock of shit.

Bosco Warden
07-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah, my Spanish is also rusty, hell my English is rusty too, but was this woman shot or she was shot at but not hit?

QuickZ06
07-16-2012, 09:13 PM
So if you have darker tint cops have the right to shoot you, ok.

AGRP
07-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Shot her 8 times? 85 years old? Probably couldnt hear either because of the loud music. Tinted glass? Sounds like a drug dealing terrorist who was trying to run away to me. They should have commanded all of their k-9s to rip her to shreds and then called up Obama to sic a drone on her terrorist ass. /sarcasm

Pericles
07-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Yes, Puerto Rico is subject to US law. Yes, Puerto Ricans are born US citizens. Yes, Puerto Ricans were drafted in wars and died in them. Yes, the island is overrun with illegal immigrants coming from the west. Yes, economic conditions are horrid all over the island. Yes, the US tries out a lot of programs there before unleashing them on mainland citizens.

No, Puerto Ricans do not get to vote for President in the general election. No, Puerto Ricans do not get much representation (and not too much in taxation, but more than enough to merit a role in government). No, the lady did not die. No, the island is not a "third world country."

Really - where are those facepalm images when you need them? Puerto Rico has been part of the US for quite some time. Ever since the end of our trumped up war with Spain.

If this forum is the high end of the politically aware citizenry, the election results explain a great deal.

aGameOfThrones
09-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Update:

No cause for trial for police officer who shot 85-year-old lady.

Two of the lawyers for Diaz Ortiz, Luis Caban Peluyera and Jesus Muñiz, felt that "justice was done" and noted that the prosecution "failed to demonstrate intent to kill this woman."

(shooting at her 8 times didn't demonstrate intent to kill her)

http://www.elnuevodia.com/nocausaparajuiciocontrapoliciamunicipalquedisparoa anciana-1346640.html

Justice was done alright.

Anti Federalist
09-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Update:

http://www.elnuevodia.com/nocausaparajuiciocontrapoliciamunicipalquedisparoa anciana-1346640.html

Justice was done alright.

Policy was followed.

Circular Force Continuum.

War on us.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-18-2012, 11:37 PM

Just wanted to say "BAM."