PDA

View Full Version : charity work this season in Ron Paul's name??

hillertexas
11-17-2007, 09:46 AM
I was stopped at a stoplight in Houston. I have my Ron Paul bumper sticker up in the window so people have to look at it. i noticed that the guy behind me was looking at the bumper sticker. A homeless man was on the curb to my left. I got out some money and motioned him over and gave it to him. The man in the car behind me smiled. Then the car to my right got the homeless man's attention and gave him money. That got me inspired.

We need to be very charitable and compassionate this holiday season. Put on your Ron Paul T-shirt and get your group to a local homeless shelter or nursing home. I really think I affected this guy in the car behind me and the people in the car next to me. They saw me give money to a homeless man and they know I am a Ron Paul supporter from my bumper sticker.

We have an opportunity here to get a whole lot of free advertising while also helping people.

Mark
11-17-2007, 10:01 AM
I was stopped at a stoplight in Houston. I have my Ron Paul bumper sticker up in the window so people have to look at it. i noticed that the guy behind me was looking at the bumper sticker. A homeless man was on the curb to my left. I got out some money and motioned him over and gave it to him. The man in the car behind me smiled. Then the car to my right got the homeless man's attention and gave him money. That got me inspired.

We need to be very charitable and compassionate this holiday season. Put on your Ron Paul T-shirt and get your group to a local homeless shelter or nursing home. I really think I affected this guy in the car behind me and the people in the car next to me. They saw me give money to a homeless man and they know I am a Ron Paul supporter from my bumper sticker.

We have an opportunity here to get a whole lot of free advertising while also helping people.

You know.. that really gets to the core of what Dr Paul has said about big government ect..

Back when he was training to be a Doctor..
he said that no one ever went without health care because most hospitals ect
were run by churches or charities..

not.. big HMOs ect..

Dr Paul said that it's OUR responsibility as human beings to love and care for one another..

NOT.. rely on the Government to tax us to death to take care of people ect..

GREAT idea.. and exactly what the good Doctor says we should do..

peace..

tamor
11-17-2007, 12:08 PM
This is a great idea -- thanks hillertexas

Mark
11-17-2007, 06:03 PM
crunk jump

mavtek
11-17-2007, 06:11 PM
An Idea I've talked about before many times, I think in Texas we should concentrate on the Fallen patriot fund.

wgadget
11-17-2007, 06:14 PM
I think it's a great idea to go to nursing homes with Ron Paul shirts, but I've found that don't look too highly on overt politicking....troublesome.

Last sign waving we went to there was trash all over the roadside. I took a big black trash bag and picked it all up. The drivers who saw me were looking at me with awe and respect, and they took our slimjims. Pretty cool.

nullvalu
11-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Do we have any hard core objectivists here? (ayn rand).. I don't think they believe in charity.. I don't necessarily subscribe to it, but was just wondering..