View Full Version : "Teavangelicals" author David Brody on C-SPAN this morning

georgiaboy
07-16-2012, 12:04 PM
David Brody -
Christian Broadcasting Network News
Chief Political Correspondent
was on C-SPAN's Washington Journal.

Never heard of him.

Anyways, lots of the callers were calling in saying that they opposed the tea party and calls for constitutional government based on the days of the founders because they thought it hearkened back to the days of pre-civil rights, pre-women's rights, slaveownership, white and male supremacy, and on and on. I was angered and saddened by this, and frankly I had never encountered this attitude so strongly.

Anybody get comments like this in their circles? No wonder small gov't advocates seem to be attempting to roll a boulder uphill every step of the way.

georgiaboy
07-16-2012, 12:12 PM
In addition, Brody listed who in office qualified as a teavangelical.

Huckabee, Pence, DeMint, Rubio, were a few.

Though Rand and Ron didn't make his initial list, he did call them out by name later in the show as representing teavangelicals also.

"Teavangelical" == defined as a Conservative Christian (typically evangelical) who strongly supports the tea party agenda or is active in the Tea Party movement.

Brody mentioned that he sees it as evangelical Christians breaking bread with libertarians.

GeorgiaAvenger
07-16-2012, 12:35 PM
I do like Brody from what I have seen. An honest journalist.

jbauer
07-16-2012, 01:09 PM
I guess I would call myself a Teavangelical if thats the definision they're using. I'm Christian and I support significantly smaller federal government by defunding/deregulating them.

Bastiat's The Law
07-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Never underestimate the ignorance of the masses.

Bastiat's The Law
07-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Washington Journal is one of the best "news" shows by the way. I enjoy that they have guests on from 45 mins up to several hours and have discussions on various topics.