PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Remember The Aftermath of The 1994 Election?

curtisag
11-17-2007, 09:43 AM
The press was completely devastated and depressed. They blamed the takeover of the house and the senate on "the angry white male". I found the election fascinating, and became very interested in politics as a youngster. Well, there's even more anger out there brewing right now. That's why I think Ron Paul has a very serious chance to win. He is tapping into something that nobody quite understands yet and won't be fully studied or realized until after these disillusioned and apathetic people speak out. One of the reasons we have so much more men currently supporting Ron than women is the "angry white male" factor, but I disagree with the label and characterization the media used back then. That was just media propaganda and spin. We just want CHANGE and our country back! We know the problems we face are more serious than anyone is willing to speak about, and Ron Paul is the only hope to address our national bankruptcy and perpetual warfare state. He won't be successful in reforming everything, but his victory will be a message to future politicians that freedom and honesty wins. I feel honored to be a part of something this important and amazing.

Bruehound
11-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Stated perfectly.

NewEnd
11-17-2007, 09:56 AM
OI totally rememebr ti, and was thrilled it happened. Too bad they turned out to be a bunch of hypocrites for the most part... but yeah, teh media was shocked.

They aint seen nothing yet.

curtisag
11-17-2007, 10:05 AM
OI totally rememebr ti, and was thrilled it happened. Too bad they turned out to be a bunch of hypocrites for the most part... but yeah, teh media was shocked.

They aint seen nothing yet.

When congress forced a government shutdown with Clinton over the budget in 1995 and the Republicans lost the media war, that's when the Republican leadership decided they have to become big government conservatives to remain in power. Remember they were saying Gingrich and the Reps want to starve children of their free lunches? They sacrificed their principles for temporary power, but it was doomed to failure, like we're seeing now.